Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4116653 05/26/10
K
Karl_D Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
My friend Allen Day passed yesterday after a long illness at 53 years of age.

He was a loving husband and father. A man of great faith.

A passionate, knowledgeable hunter.

He will be missed.

Life NRA Member

Life SCI Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I am simply crushed! I never met him other than on the 'fire but as you mentioned, I "knew" him as a man of great faith. I repeat I am crushed! I am weeeping.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Wow, just WOW! So saddened to hear of this. I was aware that he was very ill, but did not expect this. Prayers for his family.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh my goodness. Karl, best wishes to you and to his family.
I looked forward to his knowledge here, and, the illness helps explain his long absence from the fire.

Damn....just damn.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jorge was kind enough to update me on Allen's condition several months ago. Very sad and unfortunate to hear of his passing. My prayers and condolences go out to his family. May they find peace and comfort.

Allen was always generous with his time and advice. I spoke with him a handful of times, and he was always to a fault a gracious gentleman. He steered me in the right direction on more than one occasion.

He will be sorely missed.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This is such sad news. I did not know he was ill. He will be missed, prayers sent to the family.

God bless...

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This is very sad news indeed. I knew Allen only through the fire here where I posted a few pictures for him and had some exchanges on hunting Africa with him. From my standpoint he was a good man with high ideals and lived up to them in his professional and personal life. One thing I know in my heart is that Allen used his hunting time extremely well and in the short time he had on this earth he made some incredible safaris. I'm sure he was glad to have done so at the end. I've missed him since he left the fire and will now sorely miss him since I know he won't be back.
Test

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I just received the word via Darcy Echols...sad day indeed and one I thought would have come before now. Allen and I enjoyed several campfires together in years past and he was indeed a true gentleman. I will certainly miss our weekly phone visits and the planning we discussed concerning rifles and hunting trips. RIP my friend.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tough news for sure, AD was one of the good guyz and a guy who knew how to get it done!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My prayers and thoughts go out to Allen's family and friends. He was a very experienced man who took the extra time to help out those in need. He is indeed missed.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sad news, indeed. I enjoyed Allen immensely when he posted, and have missed his opinions and expertise. The Campfire has lost a good one.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right now he is on a grassy plain somewhere with a .300 Win Mag Legend in hand...

Vaya con dios.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have been missing him post here, it is sad news.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My thoughts and prayers are with Allens Family. I had the oportunity to talk via e-mail to Allen at length on several topics before he left the campfire two years ago. We talked about God, Guns, and Family on several occations. The day he asked me if I was a Christian, I knew I was in good company. I know that today he is in a better place, and that I will meet him for the first time after this life fades.
Allen helped me build my first semi-custom rifle, I now feel even more honored to own it, knowing he played a major roll in its building.
He will be remembered, & missed.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis 9:3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm on travel and I just received the sad news via email from John Sharp. A lot of us that knew Allen were aware he was terribly ill, but we aquiesced to his desire for discretion and tried to dance around the subject every time the "Where is Allen Day" post would come up. Allen was a good friend to me, always helpful and a great teacher for me when I booked my first safari and he recommended John Sharp. All of us and indeed the hunting community will miss him. RIP Allen. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear of his passing. Good guy. Now he is in a better place.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
That's very sad news indeed.

Allen was a good guy forsound, tested advice. I miss ticking him off...

A BTDT kind of guy, with the hands on to back it up.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
This is sad to read and explains his leaving the forums.

Best wishes to his family and friends.

Select a rifle hunting cartridge that is "Enough Gun" and not one designed to just wound the enemy!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Boy that is just so sad to read. After reading him here a few times, I always searched him out on what he had to say. He had common sense born of experience. Life is not fair, we know that but this just emphasizes that fact.
Prayers to the family.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Darn good fellow. Did some business with him a few years ago. He was (and will be) missed.

Rest in peace...

Rectum non bustus
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 2,643 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,057
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.