-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
8 years and still didn't draw, for a damn goat! I love this state!~~~~~

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No goat for me either. My buddy and I both have 11 points now. Anyone know a place to go next year with 11 points that can produce something worthy of 11 points?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Wyoming

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
My son, daughter and myself drew for unit 135. Don't know a darn thing about that unit other than a friend of mine hunted it last year with some of his buddies and they filled all their tags. This will be our big hunt for the year. Anyone have intell for this unit, I'd be all ears.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Son and I drew second choice, plains late doe hunt and each added a preference point.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
135 is south west of La Junta. There are plenty of motels in La Junta. There is a fair amount of public access on the Comanche National Grasslands. I like to go down there coyote hunting and have seen fair numbers of antelope. These are widely scattered often in bunches of 3 or 4. Have not seen large herds. Have seen some nice bucks but nothing really special. They seem to be pretty spooky. They see a truck and off they go and keep on running. You will need a CNG map to find the allotments, most are marked at cattle guards and fence lines but often only extend 1 mile or so on either side of the road, but some are 4 -5 square mile blocks. Would recommend preseason scouting to figure out acces to some of the blocks as some marked roads aren't there anymore. Have not tried asking for permission so can't clue to any land owners sorry. Good luck.

Last edited by Prwlr; 06/10/10.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well i just checked and I drew a doe tag.. Seems my points got wiped out last year cause it had been 3 yrs since I put in for goat.. I would have swore it was 5 yrs. So I'm a bit pissed. Glad I put in a second choice just in case. I was also told that as of this year that rule goes to 10 yrs. Great timing. Rant over.

Congrats to everyone else that drew

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Thanks Prwlr for the info.!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got 13 points now.
It's easy enough to stock the freezer on a leftover tag.

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
It took 12 points but I finally drew a Ranching for Wildlife Buck Antelope tag for the Purgatoire near Trinidad. I "knew" this would happen because now my Speed-goat and mountain goat hunts start on the same weekend.

High quality problem to have so I'm sure I'll figure out a schedule. I don't think it will take too long to find a decent Speed goat and can then make the trip from low country to high shortly after that to chase the white goats.

Now I need to figure out where to squeeze in some deer and elk hunting. My wife will not be thrilled. Sigh...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by realwood1
It took 12 points but I finally drew a Ranching for Wildlife Buck Antelope tag for the Purgatoire near Trinidad. I "knew" this would happen because now my Speed-goat and mountain goat hunts start on the same weekend.

High quality problem to have so I'm sure I'll figure out a schedule. I don't think it will take too long to find a decent Speed goat and can then make the trip from low country to high shortly after that to chase the white goats.

Now I need to figure out where to squeeze in some deer and elk hunting. My wife will not be thrilled. Sigh...

Congratulations! That is probably the same tag I'll choose when I finally do.
Good Luck!

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
My friend drew a tag in area 87 close to where I live so I'll probably tag along for the hunt. A few decent bucks close to the Wyoming line and several ranchers that are great to give permission to hunt their property.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1minute, 160user, 1badf350, 257 mag, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,184
Posts18,503,326
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.