Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
I saw a clip of the NRA 2010 show and the SAKO rep Mike Broman talks about the new Tecomate A7 and claims there is more info on berettausa.com but I can not find it anywhere on the website.....

Anyone checked out the "Tecomate" A7, I have a A7 Stainless 25-06 and want to know more about the Bell and Carlson stock for the Tecomate A7..

Ted
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Looks interesting.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It does not appear on their web site. I'd like to find out more about it (more than the NRA clip shows).

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
From what I can see its a nice looking rifle, except for that butt ugly, toy gun looking, plastic dropped magazine like other A-7s have. To bad David couldn't talk them into getting rid of that part.

Bill

Last edited by tx270; 06/12/10.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
someone needs to tell them to improve the customer service before running out and building new rifles. I would also worry the B&C stock might not fit as well as the regular stock. I know that sounds crazy but the sako/tikka stocks fit absolutely precise in my experience.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some trash the A7 stock, but I completely disagree. The below picture is of a Sako A7 alongside a Sako 85 Kodiak. I realize that stocks can be like boots and backpacks whereas what fits one best may not fit another well. I find the design of the Sako A7 stock to be near ergonomically perfect for myself. The balance, handling, and pointing characteristics makes for an outstanding overall package. The stock is durable and well fit. I must admit that it took a bit for me to overcome not having traditional steel bottom metal, but the plastics used by Sako along with the Torx T-25 mounting is probably more durable and functional along the lines of plastics used in the Sig Pro and the new Sig modular pistols as well as used in Glock pistols. It is not fragile and will hold up to much abuse to include drop testing onto cement. The single stack A7 magazine with the Sako total control latch system also works very well making for a reliable hard use rifle.

My most recent accuracy testing of an A7 used an aggregate of 5 shot strings at 200 yards with factory premium ammos. The most accurate factory ammo tested had an aggregate average of .74 MOA with the worst individual group being .90 MOA. The least accurate premium tested had an aggregate average under 1 MOA with the worst individual group being 1.23 MOA. I�m of the opinion that the A7 gives you a great deal of bang for the buck straight out of the box. Apparently I�m not alone in this thinking as the A7 has proven very successful for Sako in the marketplace.

http://www.theoutdoorquest.com/images/sako-001.jpg

Best:)

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whst caliber is your Sako 85 Kodiak ?
That is a good looking rifle!
AMRA

Molan Labe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Some Texan who shoots farm raised deer goes to Finland and tells them to screw on a fluted barrel and B&C stock.

I am sooo....... impressed!

Something Remington and others have been doing for years.

I like my original A7 far better. I don't need the added weight.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
They are not farm raised deer.He puts in food plots and wells to have plenty of water and food for them.I don't consider 4000 to 6000 acres of low fenced land farm raising deer,but to each his own.I'm sure he cares about what you think about his operation.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crittergetter
They are not farm raised deer.He puts in food plots and wells to have plenty of water and food for them.I don't consider 4000 to 6000 acres of low fenced land farm raising deer,but to each his own.I'm sure he cares about what you think about his operation.

if you have hunted mule deer in the high mountains, the thought of shooting white tails that live on land with food plots and wells, sounds pretty farm raised to me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tecomate? I hope the rifle is better than the stupid informercial, er, hunting show.

Sam......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

if you have hunted mule deer in the high mountains, the thought of shooting white tails that live on land with food plots and wells, sounds pretty farm raised to me.

In Texas things are different. Any Whitetail on a low fenced ranch always retains the option to leave the same as you do should you ever come here to visit.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"food plots and wells" equals livestock. As for the rifle, not impressed here.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least they didn't put some lame Realtree camo all over it.

What the hell is a tecomate? Sounds like the name of some chick drink in a fern bar...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Has anyone else developed a severe allergic reaction to the "sponsorships" associated with the branding of firearms; Bone Collector come to mind, others I've likely excluded, and now this.
Right, right... I'll dole out a few more shillings so Mike Waddell and now Dave Morris can hunt more.

Gotta run - I'm late for my baking soda bath and Calamine lotion rub down. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I like the fact, which is mentioned twice, that the rifle is not only acceptable for farm raised whitetail here in Texas, but works for whitetail anywhere in the world.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give cummer a pass, he's just butt hurt that in much of UT you only get 3 days to hunt deer this year. That or organizing the pockets on his pack.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Well I've done both, more than once. I enjoy both, in a different way, but both very enjoyable.

But obviously you are supreme, having only done one, you are the expert......

Bill

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Check this out.

Now we know what Teco-Mate is.

Looks like some Texas gayhawk farm.

They even have cameras set up on the farm to watch deer?

http://www.tecomate.com/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (007FJ, 1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,793
Posts18,496,170
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.