-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I posted this on another site as well, but I know there are some anal (like me) reloaders here that would find this new trickler a Godsend.

I have always wanted an electric powder trickler, I looked high and low for a couple years for a used (now discontinued) Vibrashine brand. Never had any luck....and thank goodness. I saw a post on here a couple months ago where someone mentioned one they saw on Ebay, I quickly went there and bought one.

My wish come true: The Omega 2-Speed Electric Powder Trickler

This thing rocks! It can trickle fast, it can trickle slow, it can drop a kernal or two at a time. After ordering my Omega I quickly shopped for an Acculab VIC-123 scale, accurate to within .02 grains (that's about a kernal of powder, maybe two depending on the type). I added this scale to my assortment of others, but was really excited about the thought of using it with my two Chargemasters and the Omega Trickler.

I could go on and on about it, but here's my long story short. I now set my 2 Chargemasters .1 grain low for my desired charge, let them throw that charge, transfer the pan to my Acculab and trickle the last few kernals with a couple taps of the Omega's slow speed button. I made a slight mod to my Omega, it's not a have to do, but I liked the mod. I added the end of a 50 cent pipette, trimmed to work just right. The semi clear pipette lets me see the powder before it comes out and funnels it just so that only a kernal or two can come out at a time.

Using the two Chargemasters I can throw, then trickle, then dump about 100 charges per hour that are honestly within a kernal of powder or two (tops) of each other. The kids have to be in bed and the wife in the other room, but I can do it. I could easily do 60 charges per hour. With simply using two pans and one Chargemaster I could still do 60 without rushing too much, just trickling into one pan while the Chargemaster was throwing into the other.

If anyone is looking to speed up their reloading process while also throwing charges with kernal accuracy, this is the way to do it. It's about as close to the accuracy and speed of a Prometheus II as you'll get without spending $3k in the process.

The picture is my scales, the first video is by the owner/maker and the second video is my trickler with my mod.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ah heck, I forgot to add this from a while ago. I ordered mine with a longer cable to use on the shelf, be sure that the stock cable length will work for you or order a custom from him.

I noticed he's refreshed his stock on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-2-Speed-E..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335e434c6d

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1minute, 260madman, 2500HD, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,171
Posts18,503,187
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.