Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'll be in Vancouver for a week or so in early September, with nothing to but have enjoy myself. What are some good places to go fishing? I'll have a 4x4

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I'm on "the island", not from Vancouver, but that time of year you have lots of choices. Salmon will be running in the rivers within an hour or two of Vancouver and the trout fishing will be improving in the interior lakes (3-4 hours away). Then there is saltwater fishing! What type of fishing are you looking for (freshwater vs saltwater, lake vs river or beach, fly vs. hardware, etc.), that will help refine your options. Lots of good fishing shops in the Vancouver area to help you identify what/where to go.
Myself, personally, I'll be focusing on flyfishing off the beaches for salmon. (very addictive activity!)

kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm not too handy with a fly rod. When I went to barbless hooks it had nothing to do with catch and release.

That said, I'm interested in the salmon fishing. What type of tackle do I need to bring with for that? Any good areas?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Google a forum called FishBC, lots of guys from the lower mainland that will give you some ideas on what/where to go. I'm not up on areas on the mainland, but there are lots of people who fish the Fraser/Chilliwack/Vedder river for salmon(pinks, sockeye, coho, spring) and there will be lots of info on what works. You will no doubt have company in most spots.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Early sept is kind of an odd one, the best local fishing arround that time of the year is the Upper Pitt river for Sockeye, bull trout and the occasional chinook. You would have to hire a guide to get you up there, but by far the best salmon fly fishing that time of year around these parts.
You could give me a pm if you want more info about it, and what it costs to do the trip (yes, I guide up there) or any other options you would have localy that time of year.

Somewhere, there is a village missing its idiot!!!
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

209 members (1shotnokilz, 325wsm1, 160user, 30incher, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 18 invisible), 16,944 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,231
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.