-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I just bought a CZ 452 Varmint. The trigger was absolutely horrible, almost a 3/16th of pull before firing. I wanted to buy a rifle basix trigger but I was not patient and could not get them on the phone so I bought a Timney.

Upon taking the rifle apart this weekend it became obvious that the trigger would not fit without serious wood work. Luckily I was at my friends house and he makes guns and stocks so we were able to mill the stock.

Timney and anyone who sells this trigger should be required to notify anyone buying this trigger that it is far from a simple installation.

NRA Life Member
Shoot Straight-Shoot Often (my thoughts on deer drives)
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have done the ace spring trick- got the Yodave kit- tried a timney - Like you I did not like to take out that much wood. I finally tried an adjustable sear- I have put the AS sear in three of my rifles and am pleased with them.

D
DMB Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by bbgun1
I have done the ace spring trick- got the Yodave kit- tried a timney - Like you I did not like to take out that much wood. I finally tried an adjustable sear- I have put the AS sear in three of my rifles and am pleased with them.

If I had to do another 452, I'd do as you did, install an AS sear only.

Don Buckbee

JPFO
NRA Benefactor Member
NSSA Life Member

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I got my adjustable sear from Rimfire Technologies. The kit comes with one extra detent ball just incase you are brave enough not to use the supplied clear plastic bag. Now my CZ breaks at 2lbs instead of a little under 5lbs for less money then the AS.

cool

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went with a Rifle Basix's on my varmint/BR gun,breaks at 12 oz
I'm good with it....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I like Timney triggers. My little rat tail file did the job of inletting the stock.

I've been so overwhelmed with fake news that I'm now nuts. Let's go Brandon
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Pictures below show my 2oz trigger. It wouldn't easily allow the bolt to be removed and I lost further interest. The springs and adjusting screws are not shown.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The trigger part works very well, but to clean and other things the bolt needs to come out easily.

Butch

Last edited by butchlambert1; 06/25/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does the 453 trigger fit the 452, and does CZ sell them as seprate items?
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They are different and not interchangable.
Butch

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Butch

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Ok, after playing with my CZ some more today it has become evident that the Timney Trigger is just plain dangerous. No matter how we adjust it, if it is adjusted to less than 3.5 lbs it will fire when you take it off safety.

I am beyond frustrated and furious. When a trigger costs almost 25% of what the gun does it ought to work. They claim it is adjustable from 2lbs to 3.5....not in my rifle. I finally took it to my gun smith this evening and he told me to return the piece of crap.

Should I try the rifle basix? I put a rifle basix in my 77/22 today and although I did have to do a very small amount of inletting the trigger is about 1.5 lbs. It is unbelievably better than the Timney.

NRA Life Member
Shoot Straight-Shoot Often (my thoughts on deer drives)
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well, the rifle Basix trigger is just the m452 factory trigger design with an engagement adjustment screw added.

Which is to say, it is simpler than the Timney. With the proper trigger return spring installed, you should get a light, crisp pull with it.

Last edited by jim62; 07/11/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Nomad2506
Should I try the rifle basix? I put a rifle basix in my 77/22 today and although I did have to do a very small amount of inletting the trigger is about 1.5 lbs. It is unbelievably better than the Timney.

Have a Marlin 22wmr that had a horrible trigger - ordered a Rifle Basix and had a gunsmith install - he couldn't get it to adjust so the safety would work - said it was the third one he'd found safety issues with. He is no longer ordering or installing Rifle Basix.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by wyliec

Have a Marlin 22wmr that had a horrible trigger - ordered a Rifle Basix and had a gunsmith install - he couldn't get it to adjust so the safety would work - said it was the third one he'd found safety issues with. He is no longer ordering or installing Rifle Basix.

I have never heard of the problem with the CZ rifle basix trigger.

For that matter, I have never heard of it with the Marlin triggers either and Rifle Basix has been making the MArlin uinits for about 8 years now.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by jim62
Originally Posted by wyliec

I have never heard of the problem with the CZ rifle basix trigger.

For that matter, I have never heard of it with the Marlin triggers either and Rifle Basix has been making the MArlin uinits for about 8 years now.

Yep, thought I was getting something I could count on. This was on an older Marlin - there was a different trigger required for pre-91 or pre-93 - in any case, I had the correct trigger for my rifle. Just didn't work.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The unset trigger on my CZ453 American breaks like glass, and is pretty light as well. No take up, no noticeable overtravel.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've been very happy with the Automation Solutions sear in the CZ 452. The trigger pull is as crisp as you could want and will adjust to any sane weight of pull.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put a Rifle Basix trigger on my old Marlin 882 and it has worked extremely well for several years - I would say it has been on there more than 8 years, but I could be wrong.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,412
Posts18,470,461
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.