Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
The Bill I knew would expect to find a different primer under the hammer on the second pull.

KenO

As it was explained to me many years ago, "I feel sorry for those who believe that ballistics is an exact science. They just don't understand the problems."
GB1

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KenOehler
The Bill I knew would expect to find a different primer under the hammer on the second pull.

KenO

based upon my reading of his work, I agree.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

� as quickly as mechanically possible �

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

� as quickly as mechanically possible �

And faster if it's not a Glock grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That is a good book. I'd just read it for the first time recently.

I've heard people say they didn't care for his comments regarding the 1911. But I think everything he wrote about revolvers for work was accurate.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I enjoyed talking to Bill Jordan-- long time ago, obviously. He was enjoying a Ruger stainless black powder pistol at that time.

But, his hearing wasn't too good. Nor is mine.

Retired cat herder.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave

I've heard people say they didn't care for his comments regarding the 1911. But I think everything he wrote about revolvers for work was accurate.

Travis

And 1911's SUCKED back then. Had to send new Colt 1911s to the Pachmayr shop and wait a year to make them serviceable.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

And 1911's SUCKED back then. Had to send new Colt 1911s to the Pachmayr shop and wait a year to make them serviceable.

BMT

Yet some folks shot well with them....................

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I understand.
I find it rather amazing that a stock 1911 was a solid weapon in 1941, but a crapshoot as to function in 1981.

The same gun made with Modern CNC machiniery in 2001 is remarkably reliable.

It weren't the design. My take is that the same machinery that made 1911s in 1911 was still be used in 1981.

BMT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JMB had it pretty much right to begin with... others messed around with the design and trouble followed.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Who is today�s Bill Jordan?"

As such, there isn't and never will be again. Today's PC media would have torn Bill apart for doing his job and fighting to avoid getting killed in the process. Witness what goes on daily in the Border Patrol today, the liberals/Democrats and their propaganda wing, AKA "mainstream media", scream in outrage if any of those guys won't allow themselves to be killed rather than fighting back.

So, no Bill Jordens exist now, they can't. We probably still have men with that kind of guts but they aren't allowed to function today. Instead, they would quickly be in prison along side the two B.P. guys who shot and wounded the Mexican drug runner a few years back. The dominate liberal mindset is why the intergrety of our southern border means less than nothing now but granny ladies and little kids have to get hasseled at airports.

Last edited by boomtube; 07/23/10.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Didn't Bill Jordan accidentally shoot and kill his boss through the wall while practicing his "quick draw"?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jesse Jaymes
Didn't Bill Jordan accidentally shoot and kill his boss through the wall while practicing his "quick draw"?

I thought that old rumor had been put to rest over fifty years ago.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,845 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,727
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.