Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not sure about this one,.....maybe it's a good time "politically" to break this story.......I'm sure that the first concern will be "Zeta's Constitutional Rights" as the situation evolves.

Thanks, Campfire members for the heads up on this one, this is all I've been able to come up with, so far.

GTC

Link: http://www.thecypresstimes.com/arti..._LAREDO_TX_TAKEN_OVER_BY_LOS_ZETAS/31835

BREAKING: MULTIPLE RANCHES IN LAREDO, TX TAKEN OVER BY LOS ZETAS
Published 07/24/2010 - 2:30 p.m. CST
Location of the ranches
Slide Show

by Digger - republished with permission from DiggersRealm
UPDATE: Story is now 100% confirmed by second source within the Laredo Police Department

The bloodbath continues along our southern border and now word is coming in that Los Zetas, the highly trained killers formerly with the Gulf Cartel, have crossed into the United States and taken over at least two ranches in the Laredo, Texas area. I am receiving word that the owners of the ranches have evacuated without being harmed.

Founder of the San Diego Minutemen Jeff Schwilk tipped me off to this story and passes along the following information on the location. The ranches are said to be "near Mines Rd. and Minerales Annex Rd about 10 miles NW of I-35".

Update - Statement from Mr. Schwilk)

I can personally vouch that this info came in late last night from a reliable police source inside the Laredo PD. There is currently a standoff between the unknown size Zeta forces and U.S. Border Patrol and local law enforcement on two ranches on our side of the Rio Grande. The source tells us he considers this an "act of war" and that the military is needed on the border now!

Whether it is lone members or squads is not certain.

Anonymous sources in law enforcement in the Laredo area tonight have passed on word that US law enforcement agencies are in the area and are weighing their options regarding the ranches. The media has been silent on this incident and some law enforcement in the area says that they are furious that the media is not reporting the whole story of the continued violence along the border. Their frustrations are understandable because keeping the truth suppressed continues to hamper law enforcement from receiving the true support they need along the border.

The ranch assaults come on the heels of attacks in Nuevo Laredo that shut the city down as a gun-battle raged in the streets. Los Zetas blocked off intersections with vehicles and used fragmentation grenades to attack Mexican law enforcement. In the end 12 were killed and 21 injured in the assaults. Citizens in the area were told to stay in their homes and bullets whizzed all around.

Cypress Times

The U.S. Consulate in Nuevo Laredo had posted warnings on its website hours before the gunfire was reported by Texas citizens, �We have received credible reports of widespread violence occurring now between narcotics-trafficking organizations and the Mexican army in Nuevo Laredo.�

The U.S. Consulate went on to say, �The consulate confirmed that fragmentation grenades were used in the attacks and that suspected drug-gang members had blocked several roads, adding that it advised �all U.S. citizens in Nuevo Laredo to remain indoors until the security situation improves.��

US Citizens in Laredo called 911 after hearing gunfire and explosions just across the border. Laredo police spokesman Joe Baeza deflected the concerns of citizens with what I see as utter contempt. He said there was no spillover violence onto the US side and "We were getting reports from people who live on the river's edge that they could hear gunfire and explosions from the Mexico side," Baeza said, "We didn't have any incidents on the American side. It's hard for people to understand who don't live here ... They're not Vikings, they're not going to invade us, it doesn't work that way."

This was said just a day before the reported breaking news on the ranches being taken above.

Violence has been on the rise along the border. In April 2010 a Border Patrol agent in Laredo shot and killed an lllegal alien drug smuggler near the Rio Grande

The Los Zetas are highly trained killers initially trained by United States Special Operations forces to combat the drug cartes within Mexico. As the drug war heated up the Zetas saw more money in working for the cartels and joined up with the Gulf Cartel.

In March, 2010 there was a fracture between the Los Zetas and the Gulf Cartel when a Zetas leader was said to have been assassinated by the Gulf Cartel. They demanded that the killer be turned over to them. When the Gulf Cartel refused the Zetas captured 16 Gulf Cartel members.

Since March Los Zetas abandoned their stronghold in Reynosa and moved to Nuevo Laredo, just across from the border with Laredo, Texas. There are estimated to be over 1,000 Zeta members there.

Additional Sources: Houston Chronicle, Borderland Beat

Visit DiggersRealm.com for more info.

PUBLISHER'S NOTE: This article is re-published in its entirety from DiggersRealm.com, any requests from media, or others, wishing to learn more about the content of this article should contact DiggersRealm.com HERE - Thank you, John G. Winder, Publisher - The Cypress Times

Additional Source Reporting on Laredo Siege -

AllVoices.com reports the following -

In what could be deemed an act of war against the sovereign borders of the United States, Mexican drug cartels have seized control of at least two American ranches inside the U.S. territory near Laredo, Texas.

Two sources inside the Laredo Police Department confirmed the incident is unfolding and they would continue to coordinate with U.S. Border Patrol today. �We consider this an act of war,� said one police officer on the ground near the scene. There is a news blackout of this incident at this time and the sources inside Laredo PD spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Word broke late last night that Laredo police have requested help from the federal government regarding the incursion by the Los Zetas. It appears that the ranch owners have escaped without incident but their ranches remain in the hands of the blood thirsty cartels.

Laredo Border Patrol is conducting aerial surveillance over the ranches to determine the best way to regain control of the U.S. ranches, according to the Laredo Police department.

See the entire article at AllVoices.com

Last edited by crossfireoops; 07/24/10.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
uh Mr. Obama is this part of your comprehensive immigration policy?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
"The border is as secure now as it ever was"...

I hope they swiftly and harshly deal with the armed insurgency.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
This should be "Breaking News" headlines on every TV and radio station in the US, but the media reports NOTHING. This is an outrage.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
sad sad sad....I know how I would respond, were I in charge.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EWY
This should be "Breaking News" headlines on every TV and radio station in the US, but the media reports NOTHING. This is an outrage.

Ernie

"There is a news blackout of this incident at this time and the sources inside Laredo PD spoke on the condition of anonymity."

Ain't that JFL ?

What,.....we can't handle real news ?

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
WTF???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Call in the air strikes.
Good weather for a napalm bbq.

I saw a Mexican protest on a street corner the other day directly across from a tea party rally.

Lots of signs protesting the Arizona proposals.

I stuck my head out the window and screamed at the top of my lungs...."GO HOME"!

[bleep] America, wake the [bleep] up.
Things are so bad now, I am really wondering how it can be fixed.

I'd pay an extra tax for a border fence and armed patrols, would you?

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where the hell is the Texas governor on this.........seizure of the ranches is not a federal issue & he should be calling in the state police swat teams & the Texas NG, muy pronto & take the ranches back.

MM

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Too bad we can't turn back the clock. The old Texas Rangers would have known how to handle this... pronto.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes, I would pay extra tax for a Border fence and increased enforcement.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Where the hell is the Texas governor on this.........seizure of the ranches is not a federal issue & he should be calling in the state police swat teams & the Texas NG, muy pronto & take the ranches back.

MM

Prolly getting a hair cut.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
According to Google Maps it is 1601miles/26hours from where I sit to Laredo Texas.

What should I bring besides guns & ammo ???

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 6mm250
According to Google Maps it is 1601miles/26hours from where I sit to Laredo Texas.

What should I bring besides guns & ammo ???

Mike

Water and sunscreen?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Too bad we can't turn back the clock. The old Texas Rangers would have known how to handle this... pronto.

When I was in graduate school I worked down there on some white-tailed deer research projects. There was a jail break in Carrizo Springs but the escapees were unable to get out of the jail, thanks to quick response from the police and the sheriff's department. An old Texas Ranger arrived to take command. The bad guys holed up in the jail refused to surrender by the deadline and the Ranger put his plan in motion. An hour later, according to one of the technicians that I worked with, "bodies were stacked like cordwood on the courthouse lawn". This may have been a slight exaggeration, but nonetheless, there were no survivors among the escapees.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Could be we ain't gettin the straight scoop on this deal here either . It don't smell exactly right.

OTOH , it could be the gospel truth .

But I doubt it .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Water, Copenhagen, wide brim hat, good .45 and your AR with plenty of .223 boolits. We'll take care of the barbecue and sleeping arrangements.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Smell test dittos,......

Damned sure an INFLAMMATORY release,....and "blackouts" don't seem to hold for all that long....these days,....

Would note that , "I'm not sure about this one...." were my initial intros.

GTC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If this is real (which it probably is) Laredo, Texas is not going to be a very good place to be, for anyone. For those of you who think the drug border is at the Rio Grande, it's not. There are lots of good people in South Texas, and a lot of them look the other way when the drugs go by. Like I said, and like a lot of others have said, this is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Obama is not going to be any help. He is already campaigning for the Dems and could give a [bleep] less what happens below the Mason-Dixon Line. Rick Perry might shoot a coyote but Coyotes don't shoot back. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry about the [bleep] but sometimes there's just not enough words.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 10 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.