Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There is old RL, sticking his nose in again where it doesn't belong.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I've worked with some guys like Yukon..

"Get me some pliers!!"

eek shocked

grin

It's amazing how easy things work when you read the instructions. grin

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
My hunting pard got one a few years ago in 270 WSM. He wanted it becuse of how accurate he heard and read that they were...and it was OK, but not great. My Kimber could outshoot it with factory ammo, and flat out smoke it with its favorite handload. His was the blued version, not the stainless. The barrel rusted very easily, like you had to stay after it to keep the thing from surface rusting in the safe.(none of the other guns in the safe had a problem) He didnt like the detachable mag design or the plastic it was made out of. But I think the thing he disliked the most about the gun was the POS stock that Tikka put on it. On top of it feeling cheap and thin, the thing was the noisiest stock in the woods I have ever heard. Every twig that brushed the stock would make a loud thump that you could hear from a long way off. He sold it after the 1st season and I dont think he has any plans of getting another one.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It's obvious that instructions are the last thing you would read.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by yukonal
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I've worked with some guys like Yukon..

"Get me some pliers!!"

eek shocked

grin

It's amazing how easy things work when you read the instructions. grin

What are these "instructions" things you're talking about?
whistle grin

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by yukonal
I don't doubt for a minute some people have had bolt shrouds break. I've read it a few times here on the fire. But, I gotta wonder what it takes to break one.

I was hunting bear in Alaska and decided I needed to take mine off as part of a thorough cleaning. I thought I knew how, and reefed on it with a pair of pliers. Squeezed, pushed, twisted, and pulled. Left a good set of teeth marks in the "plastic" bolt shroud, but it never broke, cracked, or bent. Short of that kind of abuse, I'd like to be there when the people that broke one, did so.

Also, did you guys know the floorplate is reinforced with metal? I doubt you're gonna crack or bust that either.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I don't have any relationship with Beretta. I just know that for the money, I feel they are the best, most accurate factory rifle built. And I'm not alone...

Did not even know it was cracked until I noticed excess movment of the shroud. Bolsa gunsmithing at the time had a good supply of "spare" shrouds in stock. Don't think they would stock them for no good reason. Accurate they are no disputing that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kinda reminds me of Kimber threads too..... smile

I have a T-3 in 30.06 and couldn't be happier with it. Bolt is smooth as glass, perfect trigger, visual cocked & safety indicators, tight groups, detachable mags (ok they are plastic but have never let me down smile

As far as "supposed superiority" watch the blow up videos at the following link and tell me if you would want to be holding on to that "legendary Remington 700" when it frags...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Aq...83F2E41233BD5&playnext=1&index=6

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, you win. 700's suck.
Enjoy your T3.

Welcome to the 'Fire.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by nsaqam
OK, you win. 700's suck.
Enjoy your T3.

Welcome to the 'Fire.

Good man. Remember, it's not whether you win or lose, it's whether you're still here for the next game that counts. grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those that are hung up on the shortcomings of the T3 stocks, magazines and bolt shroud here are some solutions:

http://www.mannersstocks.com/TIKKAT3-SAKOQUAD.html

http://www.webshop.roedale.de/product_info.php?info=p396_Tikka-T3-Magazine-System.html

http://www.webshop.roedale.de/product_info.php?info=p362_Tikka-bolt-shroud.html

A Tikka T3 Heavy barrel .308 equipped with all these aftermarket goodies would be one hell of a rifle.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's nearly $900 of aftermarket stuff to put on your $500 T3.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nsaqam
That's nearly $900 of aftermarket stuff to put on your $500 T3.

Just about the same cost as adding one of the McMillan stocks and aftermarket magazine systems to a $ 500.00 Remington 700

Last edited by hillbillybear; 08/03/10.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing wrong with the 700 magazine... and there are far better ways to blow $900 on a rifle...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
"This replacement bolt shroud for the Tikka replaces the cheap plastic factor item, made from high grade alluminium and hard anodised.
Fits Tikka T3 and others"

The RMS T3 enables the replacement of the plastic T3 magazine and magazine system with a far more robust and reliable system that is compatible with the excellent and widely used Magazines from Accurate Magazines and AICS.

Gotta love those descriptions.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The fact that there are these repetitous arguments about the worth of the Tikkas tells me they are a pretty good rifle...with faults that are easily overlooked unless you like something else better.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Peace brother - wasn't trying to be a d*%k, just joining in the debate. Fire would be a boring place if we all agreed!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
The fact that there are these repetitous arguments about the worth of the Tikkas tells me they are a pretty good rifle...with faults that are easily overlooked unless you like something else better.

Reminds me of the kimber threads.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a T3 in 308. It shoots 0.3"-0.5" (3 shots regularly) with 150s and 165s.

I had the barrel trimmed to 20 inches and put an aluminum bolt shroud on it. It is handy, light, and very accurate and it is a lefty. Absolutely love this rifle.

"I am at heart a meat hunter."
John Barsness, The Life of the Hunt
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 163bc, 43 invisible), 2,875 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,656
Posts18,533,907
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.