T
Originally Posted by deflave
Weak.

Travis
Weak indeed. Try again.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's city ordinance. This is the capital remember.

If a deer attacks someone. The city police, in conjunction with FWP, have killed over 700 deer so the deer problem is not as bad as it was. I've only seen about a half dozen deer in my neck of the woods since the thinning.

Only in Helena and I'm told in East Helena. Fortunately, I've never had to put it to the test.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Travis;

It must be very hard for him to keep on "his game" when the pain of being told that he couldn't be a cop (perhaps because he deep down wants to be the type of cop he's always imagining any/all others to be?) is pervasive throughout all of his LEO readings/posts.

He'll run out on that limb in an instant, and blather on and on about "police brutality/double standards", and when facts show him to be a complete [bleep] fool, he can't/won't admit the mistake. Doing so would shame him further through validation of law enforcement, and redeem a cop; that duo is just untenable to Chris at this point.

And, to think he has direct influence on children throughout the year.... Hopefully, they can see/smell BS as well as most here.

You've obviously had this rodeo before. grin

I honestly try and stay out of these type of threads. I guess I was just bored last night. Eye opening though.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by derby_dude
It's city ordinance. This is the capital remember.

If a deer attacks someone. The city police, in conjunction with FWP, have killed over 700 deer so the deer problem is not as bad as it was. I've only seen about a half dozen deer in my neck of the woods since the thinning.

Only in Helena and I'm told in East Helena. Fortunately, I've never had to put it to the test.

Oh.

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Weak.

Travis
Weak indeed. Try again.

Sure dude.

Travis

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It must be very hard for him to keep on "his game" when the pain of being told that he couldn't be a cop (perhaps because he deep down wants to be the type of cop he's always imagining any/all others to be?) is pervasive throughout all of his LEO readings/posts.

Freudian, in a big way....

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Travis;

He'll run out on that limb in an instant, and blather on and on about "police brutality/double standards", and when facts show him to be a complete [bleep] fool, he can't/won't admit the mistake. Doing so would shame him further through validation of law enforcement, and redeem a cop; that duo is just untenable to Chris at this point.

And, to think he has direct influence on children throughout the year.... Hopefully, they can see/smell BS as well as most here.

You've obviously had this rodeo before. grin

I honestly try and stay out of these type of threads. I guess I was just bored last night. Eye opening though.

Travis

He gets on a high horse when other folks get cornered and hoisted by their own petard, regaling them back into the argument... But, when it's him, and he's caught, cornered and made, he'll dodge (poorly), try to change the subject to something completely off-original-topic, or lastly, he'll just put you on ignore if you keep nailing him repeatedly.

And, yeah, bt/dt.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by RWE

Freudian, in a big way....

Ya think? wink grin

And, folks wonder why Chris put me on "ignore"....

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Weak.

Travis
Weak indeed. Try again.

Sure dude.

Travis
Not every situation where a gun goes off and a bullet hits a dog is the same. Both shooters were clearly in the wrong, but the cop was more so in that his shooting was admittedly intentional. One is a matter of recklessness while the other is a matter of malice. The law deals with the two differently.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Weak.

Travis
Weak indeed. Try again.

Sure dude.

Travis
Not every situation where a gun goes off and a bullet hits a dog is the same. Both shooters were clearly in the wrong, but the cop was more so in that his shooting was admittedly intentional. One is a matter of recklessness while the other is a matter of malice. The law deals with the two differently.

And, you have no proof of either, nor anything else. You are, again, guessing and with a heavy bias.

Some days, you really do make this schit WAY too easy.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Weak.

Travis
Weak indeed. Try again.

Sure dude.

Travis

I thank you for informing me that all shootings are not the same.

But you have stated you have a problem with "double standards". Had the shooter in Washington been a cop and not been arrested you quite obviously would have cried foul there as well.

Travis

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

I thank you for informing me that all shootings are not the same.

But you have stated you have a problem with "double standards". Had the shooter in Washington been a cop and not been arrested you quite obviously would have cried foul there as well.

Travis

As stated, some days this schit is just TOO easy....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All police should be held to a higher standard than the civilian because police have special privileges that the civilian does not.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
All police should be held to a higher standard than the civilian because police have special privileges that the civilian does not.

Wait, I thought I remembered you being one of the ones that claimed that any special classes of people within the nation was an abomination, or something like that.

So, which is it? Do we have special classes, or don't we?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's a [bleep]' knee slapper right there.

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Wait, I thought I remembered you being one of the ones that claimed that any special classes of people within the nation was an abomination, or something like that.

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

But to answer your question police by the nature of their job are special people. Whether than puts them in a class by themselves or not I don't know.

Police enforce the law. If ignorance of the law is no excuse for the civilian it certainly is no excuse for the police.

When I worked for the Department of Revenue we were held to a higher standard on our taxes because we were revenuers even those of us who did not in anyway enforce revenue laws.

As a professional tax preparer, I'm held to a higher standard then a civilian would be after all I'm suppose to know the law.

That's the way it should be. Whether or not that puts us in classes or not I don't know.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Damn near the same situation with civilians, only difference is a dog park vs. a regular park.

Charges Never Filed.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/12/man_shoots_attacking_dog_at_ro.html

Last edited by heavywalker; 08/06/10.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Damn, another one....

What a double standard there is....... in Chris' mind.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

But to answer your question police by the nature of their job are special people. Whether than puts them in a class by themselves or not I don't know.

Police enforce the law. If ignorance of the law is no excuse for the civilian it certainly is no excuse for the police.

When I worked for the Department of Revenue we were held to a higher standard on our taxes because we were revenuers even those of us who did not in anyway enforce revenue laws.

As a professional tax preparer, I'm held to a higher standard then a civilian would be after all I'm suppose to know the law.

That's the way it should be. Whether or not that puts us in classes or not I don't know.

Fair enough.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Damn near the same situation with civilians, only difference is a dog park vs. a regular park.

Charges Never Filed.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/12/man_shoots_attacking_dog_at_ro.html
Yeah, right. You guys are not getting (or pretending not to get) the very fundamental difference between a dog park (an enclosure where everyone is presumed to understand that dogs are running loose and roughhousing) and walking your dog on a leash in an area where loose dogs are a violation of the law. When you take your dog into a dog park enclosure you are presumed to understand there's a risk of a fight, and to be willing to cooperate with others in breaking up such fights without resorting to deadly force. Not the case with walking your dog elsewhere. No one is presumed to have agreed to any such possibility when on a walk with their dog. Night and day. Not even close. Man, are you guys reaching.

Page 13 of 21 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

241 members (264mag, 2500HD, 257 mag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 30incher, 20 invisible), 16,977 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,299
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.