Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
so like you.. I guess we are both just rookies since we haven't put a bullet hole in the old chronograph...

Or perhaps you�re just using the wrong metaphor. A better one might be the swinging single guy who brags he never uses protection and has been sleeping around for 30 years without contracting any STD.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If he's been rockin' for 30 years, he may be single but he ain't no swinger (except, perhaps, in his own mind)

Aim for the exit hole.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keith
I have been using an Ohler 35 P since 1987, Ohler 33 prior to that...very good unit.

Warning: BEST Friends shoot sky screens!

Ha.
Im still running my Model 33.
Do the 10 foot spacing.
Still works just fine.
Needed new tops for my screens about 15 years ago and a phone call was all it took to get a better set up than what I had when it was new.
All the other stuff is red army crap.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by stillbeeman
I've been using chronies for @ 30 years and haven't shot the first one?????? Don't know if that classifies me as experienced or not.

I have never shot one either, but I have had about 3 incidences of other people shooting them including number 1 son. Do all the shooting yourself over a chronograph. It is easier to live with.

JW

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Appears some folks just don't know how to focus their Chronys. (grin)

Faux E

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You want info on a chronograph? Here's a tip; the sabot from a 50 cal muzzle loader will kill a chronograph just as dead as a bullet from a centerfire rifle mad , even if it's a brand new chronograph that you just got for Christmas. (Maybe a little too specific?) wink

It's a ProChrono. The factory was able to repair the unit and it has since given great service. It has not failed to record the speed of any projectile fired over it to date.

Last edited by bruinruin; 09/06/10.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone have any hands-on info about the unit that NECO sells these days? I'd appreciate it.

FWIW, Chrony's don't take well to being shot, but it takes TWO Matchkings to knock one out. Bullet selection is important.... Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I went to the range with my shooting buddy. I had told him to purchase an Ohler for a long time...he bought a Chrony, I had forgotten to bring my Ohler.

We were shooting a 300 RUM and the Chrony was sitting on a 55 gallon drum. I was shooting and my buddy was doing the reloading. On each shot, the muzzle blast was moving the Chrony, I eventually put a 180g bullet right through the middle of his chrony.

Needless to say, I was mad for shooting his Unit, and he swore I did it on purpose.

I have never forgotten my Ohler since.

Last edited by keith; 09/17/10.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bruinruin
You want info on a chronograph? Here's a tip; the sabot from a 50 cal muzzle loader will kill a chronograph just as dead as a bullet from a centerfire rifle mad , even if it's a brand new chronograph that you just got for Christmas. (Maybe a little too specific?) wink

It's a ProChrono. The factory was able to repair the unit and it has since given great service. It has not failed to record the speed of any projectile fired over it to date.

That never happens. Ever. Not to me.

Not even yesterday. Using my Pro-Chrono. When I was chronographing loads in my TC omega. Using .50 cal Hornady SST sabots.

The lady in customer service was very nice. blush

She said I'd have it back in about two weeks. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Over the years I shot over several Chronographs. On a few occasions friends and I have all had different models at the range. Most of them are really built to near matching tolerance if you read the spec sheets.

We all wondered about how accurate they were compared to each other. So we shot over each others equipment. To some of our amazement they all shot so close that the deviation between the P35, CED and Pact I were all well within spec. We shot the same gun and load on all three. In fact over the years we have repeated the process with the same results and added in a ProChrono. Bottom line same results.

I think that Chronographs really boil down to one thing which one suits you best and your budget. I keep razing my friends about the P35 and CED not making their guns any faster than my Pact I for more than 3 times what I paid for my unit $129. But then you know some of us just need the best in our own minds?

It's the old Chevy vs Dodge vs Ford BS.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 09/19/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (219 Wasp, 160user, 22250rem, 10gaugemag, 1234, 222Sako, 59 invisible), 5,970 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,819
Posts18,536,870
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.