Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The Trocar tip is one of the major reasons I switched back to the Muzzy - now shooting the 100 gr 4 blade version.
The tip is a much harder grade of steel, IMO, than the Slick Trick.
They cost less, shoot great out of my bow and give complete penetration on elk. It's all I need.
[Linked Image]

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by fyshbum
With you on that. I was a rep for Allegheny Mountain Bows during the late eighties and through the nineties. Bill Kerner was another one of those innovators that was just an interesting fellow to let talk. I still hunt with one of his custom takedowns and a Robertson Stykbow one piece Peregrines.

If you ever go back to the bow you might want to try the Three River Woodsmans. They out penetrate the snuffers and sharpen without having to retemper. Those first snuffers were some really hard metal, BIG holes though. The Woodsmans also come in several elite models that are one piece screw ins. I have taken several animals with them. They are a favorite for my wood shafts. I am set up with the Muzzy Phantoms(COC's)for the compound for this year. In the past, I too much preffered the Zwickey Deltas on hogs for stickbows.

Good Luck this year.

Note made on the woodsmans! Thanks!

DOn't know if I had the original snuffers, they never were hard to change angles with, with a good big mill bastard file of quality.... long strokes got her done.. put on a cardboard wheel with polish to touch up... and away we went.
The 125s blades were vented too mcuh to save weight and bent to easily for my tastes....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I got an 8-pack at wally world for $19.99 - - even better

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
One of the best of all time designs. I still use them and they are MUCH cheaper to use than anything else going. I have been shooting 2 of the same heads that have taken more than 10 deer apiece for about 8 years now. Just replace the blades if they get damaged and sharpen if they go thru an animal. Strop them once or twice during the season and your good to go.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 1OntarioJim, 39 invisible), 3,091 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,612
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.