Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 44 1 2 3 4 43 44
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Evolution is a theory. If it were a scientific fact, it would be called The Law of Evolution.

Darwin could not comprehend the living molecule, let alone DNA. Anyone considering the origin of life must ask; where did life begin? Fish only come from fish. Humans only come from humans.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's all just a guess. God is a guess, the Bible is a guess, it's all guessing.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Steelhead
It's all just a guess. God is a guess, the Bible is a guess, it's all guessing.

Can't disagree with that. Hoping that at some point I can gather enough info to take it past the WAG stage to edjucated guess stage.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You know what they call and educated guess? A guess

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You know what they call and educated guess? A guess

+1

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Plinker
Evolution is a theory. If it were a scientific fact, it would be called The Law of Evolution.

Darwin could not comprehend the living molecule, let alone DNA. Anyone considering the origin of life must ask; where did life begin? Fish only come from fish. Humans only come from humans.
The scientific sense of the word theory is not the common sense, which is more like conjecture. Evolution is what all of scientific observation unambiguously points to. It is equal in status to the theory that the earth orbits the sun. It is only called a scientific theory because it is amenable to being disproved were it an incorrect explanation of observable facts.

An example of a conjecture which is not a scientific theory, because non-disprovable (i.e., no set of facts could possibly be observed which could contradict it), would be that all the evidence which points to evolution was planted here on earth by God in order to entrap humans into believing in evolution so that only those with a simple faith in the ex nihilo creation of all things would hold the right belief and thus be saved. Since this is non-disprovable, it cannot be a scientific theory. A scientific theory is an explanation of a set of observed facts which, were it false, would be subject to the possibility of being disproved by another set of observed facts in a particular context. That's why evolution is called a theory by scientists, not because it's a mere conjecture no better or worse than any other.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It all comes down to which guess, if any, you would like to believe. Or you can come up with your own theories and part ways with dogma. Don't really matter as one guess is just as likely as the other or not.

Only problem I have is the guessers that say their guess is right and the only way. They too can blow me.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The scientific sense of the word theory is not the common sense, which is more like conjecture. Evolution is what all of science unambiguously points to. It is equal to the theory that the earth orbits the sun. It is only called a theory because it is amenable to being disproved were it an incorrect explanation of observable facts. An example of a conjecture which is not a scientific theory, because non-disprovable, would be that all the evidence which points to evolution was planted there by God in order to entrap humans into believing in evolution so that only those with a simple faith in the ex nihilo creation of all things would hold the right belief and thus be saved. Since this is non-disprovable, it cannot be a scientific theory. A scientific theory is an explanation of an observation which, were it false, would be subject to the possibility of being disproved. That's why evolution is called a theory by scientists, not because it's a mere conjecture.

See, just like that we have proof that we haven't evolved, nor will we.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are talking monkeys that think entirely too highly of ourselves that enjoy attaching far too great importance on our individual and collective being.

Dance, Monkeys, Dance

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[bleep], that is PERFECT. Pretty much sums up 99.9% of people

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You start your argument by stating that no reasonable , intelligent , person can disagree with you .

The debate over ,Al ?

You are trying to have the best of both arguments and don't realize how incoherent your bastardized argument is .

You introduce a Creator who stands beyond time but then have Him operating from within time to do His creation .

Evolutionists offer a variety of scenarios on how evolution could have worked but want to restrict the creationist to the account in Genesis.

Being stuck with the Genesis account , however , is not nearly as large a hurdle as explaining a creation without a Creator.

You are truly a lightweight in this arena,Hawkeye . Don't bring kindergarten arguments into an adult conversation .grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Talking monkeys, don't say I didn't warn you.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The scientific sense of the word theory is not the common sense, which is more like conjecture. Evolution is what all of science unambiguously points to. It is equal to the theory that the earth orbits the sun. It is only called a theory because it is amenable to being disproved were it an incorrect explanation of observable facts. An example of a conjecture which is not a scientific theory, because non-disprovable, would be that all the evidence which points to evolution was planted there by God in order to entrap humans into believing in evolution so that only those with a simple faith in the ex nihilo creation of all things would hold the right belief and thus be saved. Since this is non-disprovable, it cannot be a scientific theory. A scientific theory is an explanation of an observation which, were it false, would be subject to the possibility of being disproved. That's why evolution is called a theory by scientists, not because it's a mere conjecture.

See, just like that we have proof that we haven't evolved, nor will we.

And we have much farther to go, or hit a wall... stalling out with apex of intelligent sounding words clarifying nothing...

just had to quote him huh... I could have went without reading that blather...

Kent

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sycamore
We are talking monkeys that think entirely too highly of ourselves that enjoy attaching far too great importance on our individual and collective being.

Dance, Monkeys, Dance

Sycamore
Instead of the Beatles, they should have shown a picture of The Monkeys:

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Fortunately he is the kind of monkey that other monkeys point to and say 'Wow, what a [bleep] retarded monkey'

I only wish he was across from me so I could actually sling real feces at him.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You start your argument by stating that no reasonable , intelligent , person can disagree with you .

The debate over ,Al ?

You are trying to have the best of both arguments and don't realize how incoherent your bastardized argument is .

You introduce a Creator who stands beyond time but then have Him operating from within time to do His creation .

Evolutionists offer a variety of scenarios on how evolution could have worked but want to restrict the creationist to the account in Genesis.

Being stuck with the Genesis account , however , is not nearly as large a hurdle as explaining a creation without a Creator.

You are truly a lightweight in this arena,Hawkeye . Don't bring kindergarten arguments into an adult conversation .grin
You may have confused the mere proposition of non-contradiction with an argument. You may also be confusing undeniability (considering the current state of scientific knowledge) with non-disprovability.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No, he confused you with having more than one gene.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Fortunately he is the kind of monkey that other monkeys point to and say 'Wow, what a [bleep] retarded monkey'

I only wish he was across from me so I could actually sling real feces at him.
Let's meet up, Steelhead. I think we live fairly near each other, based on your avatar. We might become friends.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Lemme guess, you'll be the one in diapers? I'd rather meet up a rat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Let's meet up, Steelhead. I think we live fairly near each other, based on your avatar. We might become friends.

I'd say you have a 50-50 shot.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 2 of 44 1 2 3 4 43 44

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1Longbow, 257Bob, 1936M71, 163bc, 160user, 2500HD, 63 invisible), 11,473 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,263
Posts18,544,790
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.