Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 817 of 1,842 1 2 815 816 817 818 819 1841 1842
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wish we had snow down here.
I never saw hide nor hair on the bp opener this weekend.
Alot of tracks,but the only ones on cam are in the dark. frown

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter
Kiddo joins the mobile with a giant carbon footprint.

[Linked Image]

96?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'94, 5 liter, 5 speed.

Wood is Good.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
damn, I wish I had me one of those! looks clean too!

well I spent the day (after my morning stand with the bow) redoing the bathroom upstairs. been takin pictures like last time, so I can show when we're done what we did. Kendra is the queen of laying..tile. and has another room under her belt. menards had a sale this weekend we took advantage of and got a few new things. the employees sure get a surprised look when you ask em where the thrones are, and then clarify with "you know, the [bleep]" smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
PA deer starts tomorrow, here we go.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
'94, 5 liter, 5 speed.

must be from outa state.most from minny only have half a body left at that age.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Happy birthday weezy! Just left chicken buck n poured lestifer out of the truck so I can hunt in the morning. Had fun dave! Good luck tom!

How is old Lestifer. grin

He wern't doin' too good when you boys left da camp.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

[Linked Image]

Least you got him set up right Craig. Congrats to the lad on passing the test.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
menards had a sale this weekend we took advantage of and got a few new things. the employees sure get a surprised look when you ask em where the thrones are, and then clarify with "you know, the [bleep]" smile

I bet they were even more surprised when you brought the Menards adds with you...sat on the [bleep] with your pants around your ankles, smiled like heck and said, "just tryin em out." laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL, they had em up on a shelf at eye level, woulda been kinda hard to do. but that woulda been funny!

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

[Linked Image]

I used to have a blue one like that Craig, I really miss it.

[Linked Image]

mine was an out of state (southern) truck and was rust free, very simple XL trim level with front bench vinyl, 5.0 with 5 speed.

Tell your boy to watch for the other drivers, especially for little old ladies that run through stop signs out in the open country.

[Linked Image]

I was lucky to walk away from that one. My brother inlaw too. I remember that morning, RWS wanted badly to ride with us as we drove out to the house I was building to do some roofing work, I told him no, it was too cold and he had to stay home.

I hate to think what could have happened if I told the little guy he could have come with us that morning.

That old lady wedged her taurus wagon under my drivers side rocker hoisting my truck, my rear tire hopped her passenger fender and we flipped end over end with a twist.

There was one piece of glass left unbroken, but not a straight body panel left on the whole truck. the new ATV in the back was catapulted and totaled as well.

Always keep your eye on the OTHER drivers out there. Be on the defense, especially these days with all the texting that goes on by drivers.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Some might remember "preacher Joe" at the historic forest church a couple of years ago?

[Linked Image]

Well, Tzone and RWS had to give it a go.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not bad guys, not bad.

lol!

grin

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
U should hav did some preaching too lestifer Friday night. He had a lazy day Saturday he said. Did u see any deers. I seen 6 yesterday. Nothing close tho

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We saw zero.

We made the drive down to the forest church and took a creative route covering many logging trails, desperate to see a deer even if we couldn't shoot at it. We didn't see any.

We found 3 sets of fresh tracks after driving for 2 or 3 hours.

3 sets of deer tracks.

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they should close the season down in that zone for a couple years, of course that would raise holy hell with hunters.

or do a live traps relocate program and switch the unlimited number of tags to wolf tags

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dadgumit, I had high hopes for you guys up there. But I am sure you had a good time, regardless.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My first job out of college was at a plumbing supply company.We had a row of "thrones" set up in the showroom.A lady came by to look at various fixtures for her new house bringing her three or four year old son with her.While the sales guy was showing her the various models the little guy decided he needed to relieve himself and promptly proceeded to do so RIGHT THERE in one of the models.It was hilarious.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 11/28/11.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The bovine TB program has been far too aggressive.

I hope it doesn't take a decade to rebound to a healthy deer population, all my little hunters are going to lose interest.

The DNR will eventually come to terms with the fact that they have beat the dead horse for a couple too many years and we will see a 180 degree change in the management plan. We have been unlimited on antlerless tags for several years in a row, plus the DNR has slaughtered thousands over bait piles and from helicopters year round. They have extended hunts and opened special seasons including spring seasons when does are carrying fawns. Their eradication efforts have been year round, night and day. When the DNR finally realizes they have beat the dead horse a little too long, they will issue bucks only tags and it�s likely there will be no lottery option for antlerless for several consecutive years.

The deer population has been plummeting for years now with this bovine TB program in action. The DNR sets quotas for testing samples for the core area, but the truth is it has been several years since that test qty has been a realistically obtainable number for the core area of interest. The truth is that sympathetic hunters from outside of the core area have been hauling deer to TB test sites from outside of the TB area in order to help the hunters in the TB area in reaching test quota numbers. You see, If test quota numbers are reached the DNR says they will not slaughter deer via the �sharpshooter� method.

This year not as many hunters from outside the TB core area hauled deer in to our test sites to help reach the quota. I honestly believe hunters from outside the area thought the program was over with so they didn�t bother. Last I heard we were far shy of the quota number. I don�t know what they will do about it. I like to think they will look at registration numbers and accept the fact that there just aren�t any deer to hunt and that�s why they didn�t reach the test quota. I like to think they will just leave it alone, be done with it. But it�s very likely they will bait them into fields in areas surrounding the core area and shoot them with night vision scopes or with spotlights, fire up the helicopters and find where the few survivors are hiding and slaughter them from the air.

It was likely 3 years ago that the deer population was depleted to a dangerously low number in our area. I find that hunters are typically 2 or 3 years ahead of the DNR in realizing the impact of the DNR�s godlike efforts.

I�ve weathered poor hunting before in slow rebound areas following severe winter kill and heavy impact from gray wolves (MN iron range mid to late 90�s)

But I�ve never seen such an empty forest, seemingly vacant of deer. Everything else is doing fine, bobcat, fox, rabbits, martins, squirrels etc.

Everything that the DNR isn�t playing god with is doing just fine.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I made a drive through the forest mid day yesteday and seen very few tracks as well. the woods was quiet.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by northern_dave
The bovine TB program has been far too aggressive.

I hope it doesn't take a decade to rebound to a healthy deer population, all my little hunters are going to lose interest.

The DNR will eventually come to terms with the fact that they have beat the dead horse for a couple too many years and we will see a 180 degree change in the management plan. We have been unlimited on antlerless tags for several years in a row, plus the DNR has slaughtered thousands over bait piles and from helicopters year round. They have extended hunts and opened special seasons including spring seasons when does are carrying fawns. Their eradication efforts have been year round, night and day. When the DNR finally realizes they have beat the dead horse a little too long, they will issue bucks only tags and it�s likely there will be no lottery option for antlerless for several consecutive years.

The deer population has been plummeting for years now with this bovine TB program in action. The DNR sets quotas for testing samples for the core area, but the truth is it has been several years since that test qty has been a realistically obtainable number for the core area of interest. The truth is that sympathetic hunters from outside of the core area have been hauling deer to TB test sites from outside of the TB area in order to help the hunters in the TB area in reaching test quota numbers. You see, If test quota numbers are reached the DNR says they will not slaughter deer via the �sharpshooter� method.

This year not as many hunters from outside the TB core area hauled deer in to our test sites to help reach the quota. I honestly believe hunters from outside the area thought the program was over with so they didn�t bother. Last I heard we were far shy of the quota number. I don�t know what they will do about it. I like to think they will look at registration numbers and accept the fact that there just aren�t any deer to hunt and that�s why they didn�t reach the test quota. I like to think they will just leave it alone, be done with it. But it�s very likely they will bait them into fields in areas surrounding the core area and shoot them with night vision scopes or with spotlights, fire up the helicopters and find where the few survivors are hiding and slaughter them from the air.

It was likely 3 years ago that the deer population was depleted to a dangerously low number in our area. I find that hunters are typically 2 or 3 years ahead of the DNR in realizing the impact of the DNR�s godlike efforts.

I�ve weathered poor hunting before in slow rebound areas following severe winter kill and heavy impact from gray wolves (MN iron range mid to late 90�s)

But I�ve never seen such an empty forest, seemingly vacant of deer. Everything else is doing fine, bobcat, fox, rabbits, martins, squirrels etc.

Everything that the DNR isn�t playing god with is doing just fine.

And what's the reason for all the killing?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 817 of 1,842 1 2 815 816 817 818 819 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,448
Posts18,470,996
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.