Print Thread
Hop To
N
nuguy Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
Well, I had a TC Encore in blue and camo. I loved the looks and fit of the gun when I shouldered it. It actually had a nice trigger. I could not get that gun to be consistent with a rifle barrel or the muzzleloader barrel and yes I tried different scopes and mounts. Long story short I sold it off. I ordered an Optima the other day sight unseen. Its actually a nice gun but for some reason the fluting on one side of the barrel is deeper and wider than the other side and the ramrod hits one side of the forearm when I slide it in. I decided to send it back for a refund or exchange for a new one. Well today I went to Bass Pro and actually saw the Accura, they had no Apex. I really like the soft touch stock and rubber grips but this gun is heavier than the Optima but feels more solid. SHOULD I get the Accura over the Optima or since its so close in price just go ahead and get the APEX? I have no intention on getting extra centerfire barrels, I just want a good muzzleloader. Im sure the Optima would be all I need but in your opinion is the Accura the best of these for the price? Also, do you guys like the regular Encore looking stock or the thumbhole stock version, I liked both. Man I hate making decisions....Im a LIBRA...

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you can afford it, Apex without a doubt.

The other 2 are great as well, my 2 favorites that i own right now. I'd have a hard time deciding between the 2 if i were to choose again.

midway has good deals on the Accura, budgunshop.com has deals as well.

I have the v1 accura with thumbhole and love it, also have the v2 without the thumbhole and love it. The v2 feels extra solid with the soft touch and grip panels.

G
G
Just got the Apex in black and stainless great looking gun cant wait to shoot it will let you know how it does. whittakerguns.com $487 out the door!

Life's an Adventure not a Race

Gonzo

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I have the Accura and really like it. It's accurate and I got it on closeout from Cabela's. At the time the Apex was very hard to come by so I bought the Accura. If the Apex had been available I would have bought it. No regrets with the Accura though! wink

Make your first shot your best shot!

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,546
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.