-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+10 to MM, a 45-70 is not a 458 Lott, but trying to do so will get you a cane and a nice dog to lead you around.

Newt-Condi 2012
GB1

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
How is pushing a 250 grain bullet at 2600 fps HOTRODDING... the Barnes reloading manual says it's SAFE FOR MARLINS.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
you guys are all retarded, you all have no lives all you do is bully people with good ideas because your jealous you didn't think of it, and your wives are so ugly you can't even look at them when you wake up in the morning.

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Run on, son! We're too stoopid for the likes of you.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
hehe look out there shootist, he's a testy lil troll , you'll be getting threatenin pm's shortly.... lol

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hmmmm seems our testy lil Troll Greg, has been spreadin his wealth of knowledge around some......
http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30438&p=374125#p374125

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Polska
you guys are all retarded, you all have no lives all you do is bully people with good ideas because your jealous you didn't think of it, and your wives are so ugly you can't even look at them when you wake up in the morning.

You know, you are correct. That is such a new cartridge (and I've only been handloading for 30 or so years), that it's possible that that base hasn't been covered.

We should let you continue to develop this new and untried cartridge, and establish it's outer bounds.

Please keep me abreast.

My wife can beat up your boyfriend...

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
My wife can beat up your boyfriend...

That's mean . . . . . . funny, but mean. grin laugh

Gotta love a thread that starts out like this . . . . .

I've never reloaded in my life but . . . . .

Anyone else see a problem there? wink

Last edited by the_shootist; 10/04/10.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
How is pushing a 250 grain bullet at 2600 fps HOTRODDING... the Barnes reloading manual says it's SAFE FOR MARLINS.

.....a MODERN .45-70 like my 1895 marlin can handle much faster speed bullets.....If I got a 250 grain bullet or 200 grain bullet and pushed it to 2500-3000fps.....

I'm all for the spirit of discovery, just be careful.....cuz schitt happens. Overload a good boltgun or Ruger #1, and you'll likely split the barrel before the receiver/lugs fail. Overload a Marlin, and it can go quite differently.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Have fun!

Let us know what you learn.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Pretty graphic, Shane. Course, it'll never happen to him. wink

Brother Keith

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, they display excellent gas venting capability...

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Ok, you can't just post a picture like that and not tell us what it took to blow it up! That wasn't a 250 gr bullet at 2500, unless he tried to get there with Unique...

And my wife is not ugly...pretty cute actually.

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

.....a MODERN .45-70 like my 1895 marlin can handle much faster speed bullets.....If I got a 250 grain bullet or 200 grain bullet and pushed it to 2500-3000fps.....

I'm all for the spirit of discovery, just be careful.....cuz schitt happens. Overload a good boltgun or Ruger #1, and you'll likely split the barrel before the receiver/lugs fail. Overload a Marlin, and it can go quite differently.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Have fun!

Let us know what you learn.

thats not even your gun, how do you know what was even in it. I saw that all over the internet. the guy could have tried loading a .458 win mag for all we know

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I saw it on Marlin Owners a while back. Don't recall the specifics, but as you can see it got fairly sporty for the shooter.

Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Ranch13
hehe look out there shootist, he's a testy lil troll , you'll be getting threatenin pm's shortly.... lol

threatening? i'm not threatening you. i'm pissed off that you are making fun of me and talking down to me and calling me junior. Thats very disrespectful.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by the_shootist
Run on, son! We're too stoopid for the likes of you.

I'm not your son, [bleep]. For someone who quotes the Holy Bible maybe you should go back and study the teaching of Christ and check that ego of yours.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I saw it on Marlin Owners a while back. Don't recall the specifics, but as you can see it got fairly sporty for the shooter.

ok so you saw it on marlin owners, but you don't know the specifics and you are trying to scare me with a picture that who knows what was even in it.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

threatening? i'm not threatening you. i'm pissed off that you are making fun of me and talking down to me and calling me junior. Thats very disrespectful.

testy little bastard when he's hiding behind a computer screen.
Anyone can talk tough and be nasty over the internet. If you were face to face you wouldn't say that cause i'd backhand you like a red headed stepchild

www.historicshooting.com
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Yea you should see how testy I am in real life. You wouldn't be saying that to me in person thats for sure. You'd be running away with your tail under your legs and pissing yourself like the coward you are

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Do your thing then. Just be advised if you end up paying the "Stupid Tax", it could be costly.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 163bc, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,592
Posts18,473,455
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.