Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody have this scope on a rifle they hunt with?
I am looking for a scope for my Ruger 77 RSI 7mm-08
before Deer season opens here in Alabama.
If you have this scope or HAD this scope any
reviews GOOD or BAD would help.
AMRA

Molan Labe
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have that exact scope on three rifles, a shotgun, and a muzzleloader and have never had a problem. Too me a 2-7 variable is the most useful, but I have to admit I have never shot any game with the scope set higher than 2 power. I also have a 2-7 Leupold and Nikon Monach to compare it too. It seems optically even with the Leupold, with the Nikon maybe having a little better clarity and brightness. The reason I set up my most used weapons with this scope is the the 3P#4 crosshair and price point. For me (maybe just old eyes) it's faster due to its contrast on game better, especially in low light in the thick stuff.

I could get by with a straight 2 or 3 power scope, but no one makes it with this crosshair in the same price range. For me the crosshair is perfect. The size and weight of the scope is good. The only things I don't like about the scope is you have to rotate the whole rear ocular eye piece to change powers, and the adjustment knobs aren't as positive as the Nikons. In reality it doesn't matter, as I said I've never changed powers in the field, and the scope hold it's zero. I haven't seen anything in its price range that can compete with it. If you want a scope with that style reticle, I think you will be happy with it.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have two, One currently sits on my ti 308, The other is on m700 thats one of my loaner guns(and gets used a lot) It works well, holds zero, is as clear as one would expect on a scope in its price range. both of mine are the B-plex. I wanted the #4 but the places I usually go for scopes were back ordered when I went to order.

I would buy another, if your looking for a inexpensive scope with a #4 thats not junk I would think its the choice. If the #4 isn't a requirement the Redfield is another good choice.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
AMRA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the information.I hunt in the thick swamps and thickets here in my home state of Alabama.
I think this Reticle might really show up in the Dark areas
I hunt.This scope or a used Leupold VX III 1.75-6x32 Heavy Duplex
in good shape Would work best for my little Ruger 77 RSI 7MM-08
Stainless Carbine.
AMRA

Molan Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a few, you will like it trust me, great optics, maintains zero, and a great hunting reticle.

The only thing you might say could be better is the somewhat stiff power ring but I would likely set it on 4-5x and leave it, unless you are in real thick tangles - and you can use the 2 or 3x.

It's a great choice and as above, nothing else in that price point.

If only Burris made a 4x or 6x fixed w/3P#4, for fixed power fans like me, but the 2-7 will do nicely.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,162
Posts18,503,015
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.