Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Got some training in Saturday with the pups, 11 weeks old now and doing great!! Jim brought his girl Miley out also, another littermate, she did awesome!
Miley:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Autumn:
[Linked Image]
Nitro:
[Linked Image]
with mom:
[Linked Image]

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
GB1

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
and mom got some birds as well, getting her ready to run Master Hunter this coming weekend......
Tara:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Nice!! Looks like you got'em on the fast-track.....should be a good season. smile

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just curious - what are you doing for birds?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
They are working on released quail. I put some out the evening prior.

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
IC B2

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks. I have a GSP that just turned a year old, so as you know it was a huge summer training-wise. In years past I've been able to find wild pheasants in workable numbers within a half-hour of where I live, but this summer was a lot tougher. The dog is doing great, but it took a lot of time.

Back in the early '80's a large manufacturer that owned land bordering the Mississippi River set it up as garden plots for the employees - probably 50-acres or so surrounded by another 50 of tall grass and scrub. Eventually the area was designated a low-level hazardous waste site and the gardens were closed. Over the next few years the gardens went wild and were loaded with pheasants. I could work over a dozen birds an hour and did so 4-5 times a week. The place was 10-minutes from my house.

After a few more years the area was mowed and turned into a park no one ever uses.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
We have no wild phez anymore here and very few grouse, have to travel over an hour to get into any grouse at all. We make due with pen reared quail, phez, chukar and use pigeons for training.

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 17 invisible), 1,576 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,203
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.