Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
"Turn that chicken eye into a gleaming eye, get her out on the range with her own smokewagon.... "

That's not an issue in our house! laugh

My wonderful wife has given me a bunch of guns over the years and confiscated the first two S&W .38's I brought home for HER use! She pretty much sticks to handguns. She has never been much of a long gun shooter, except for .22's.

Are there any old reference works out there that you recommend regarding BPCR?

Thanks for the help!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got to Cornell Publishings site, and pick out a couple of the reprints of the original Sharps and Remington catalogs. A wealth of info in them.Winchesters 1879's and 80's catalogs offer some interesting reads as well.
While you're there also grab up a copy of Ned Roberts Schuetzen rifle.While it deals mainly in Schuetzen rifles there is a plenty of stuff on Sharps etc, and reloading tips do's and don'ts and if you're into making your own lube he spills the beans on the top shooters and several companies lube recipes..
Go to google books and find Col. Charles Wingates book.

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Mule Deer,

Agreed. I knew absolutely nothing about BPCR until this spring (and never even heard of it). Hadn't shot a muzzleloader in over 15 years. Had a TC Hawken. Hated the cleaning process. Was glad to see that one go down the road.

After watching and shooting BPCR, I'm addicted to black powder - even sprinkle it on my cereal in the morning. laugh

Billings, Butte, Missoula - nobody has real black powder. Capitol Sports and Bitterroot Trading Post in Hamilton are the only ones that I know of that have real black powder. Get mine from Dave Gullo at Buffalo Arms. He is a shooter and a good guy.

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Are there any old reference works out there that you recommend regarding BPCR?

You can also find all kinds of information on the forums here:

http://www.bpcr.net/
http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks for the info guys!

I feel a "surfing" night coming on. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ok fellas I'll throw in here. I'm new to 24hr having found the Savage 99 forum. I am a BP shooter as well. Not competed yet but would like to some day. Right now just loading for my C. Sharps 74 & 75 models. 75grs of 3F Swiss. 535gr BACO Creedmoor, Money and Saeco 745. Shooting and reloading was real fun till I discoverd BPCR which upped the fun factor 10 fold. I've got photos I can dig up somewhere and will post when I find em.

If liberals knew what they were missing, they�d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! � James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Last edited by mustanggt; 01/13/11.

If liberals knew what they were missing, they�d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! � James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pleased ta meetcha. Now YOU get to buy US the beer!! Nice artillery ya have there Pilgrim!!!

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What'll ya have friend?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinWhatever the rest of these guys are having! grin Killed anything BIG and tasty with yer artillery yet??

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just some paper and gongs. Bufflo hunt will be in the near future. Had the best rib steak ever of buffalo at The Grand in Big Timber. Love buffalo!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

December 6. Wyoming.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yummy, Yummy!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinDon't pas up a chance at one of these either!! VERY tasty grin
[Linked Image]
Newfoundland.

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
On the other hand, the BCPR forum has more total posts than the Europe forum....

And that is of relevance and consequence... how?

Especially, since the first has been up for ages; where as the later was here a mere 1,5 years.

This just for clarity - the comparison was brought up not by me.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
grinDon't pas up a chance at one of these either!! VERY tasty grin
[Linked Image]
Newfoundland.

And while I am here -

great picture, ET. Where did you hide the .300 Win. Mag.?

grin

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin300 Winchester magnums are fer wussies grin

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 53 invisible), 13,298 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,128
Posts18,542,349
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.