Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
How many live in states that do them and how many are going???
PA stocks the gamelands 2 weeks prior to the regular phez opener just for youth hunters, I will be taking my crew out next Saturday, cannot wait!!! This is my 6th year with my youth group, I have always been blessed with a great bunch of kids.

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
South Dakota has youth pheasant, deer and waterfowl. Mostly it's a family rather than group thing and pretty popular. Don't have any youths around myself.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
We have deer and waterfowl also, but I only do the phez, use my dogs for the kids, gives them a better opportunity to prepare for a shot over a pointing dog.
Some of the kids in my group have parents who do not hunt, so I take them. 3 of the kids fathers will walk along on the hunt.

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kansas has a youth opener the weekend before the regular open I believe. No stocked birds, all wild. Get out before they are wised up and little pressure. Haven't had a reason to make the 5 hour drive, but in a dozen years or so my unborn boy will be ready I hope.

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Aaaaah, I am envious!! We no longer have a wild population, so make do with stocked ones. Still, the kids have a great time so therefore I do!!

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
IC B2

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We'll see you Saturday Zodi!!

Hunt...
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Looking forward to it CBB!! Make sure you bring drinks & snacks & that Caitlin wears comfortable waterproof boots also. We will have a great time!! (I will be armed with my camera!!)

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
H
H
Oregon has very few wild phez. Our state is very good at planting farm raised birds and planting all over our state just for our youth, in fact every weekend in Sept. has a youth upland hunt some where in our state. We aslo have youth only deer, elk, turkey, water fowl, and fishing.

Live,Play,and Love like theres no tomorrow.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'll be headed out for the Kansas youth season (the weekend preceding the normal opener) with my 11 year old. We saw some birds but got blanked last year. Hope to even the score this time around.

I think we'll be accompanied by my BIL and his son so there will be two guns this year. Next year I'll also have my younger son. They are going to break the bank over the next 4-5 years outfitting them with shotguns, rifles, boots, etc.

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Good luck to you & the boys & be sure to get some pics!!!

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Here in N.J., the Div. of Fish&Game holds a one day youth phez. hunt, with stocked birds. My son's name was drawn, and he shot his first cockbird. We both had a memorable time. He was lucky enough to be picked the next year, but broke his collarbone while skateboarding the night before the hunt!

Jeff

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Iowa has a Youth Pheasant hunt the weekend prior to the opener and a Youth deer season. Both were very good this year due to the amount of crops that were out.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

291 members (22magnut, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 29 invisible), 2,218 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,515,025
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.