-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I thought I would share this story and Experience of working with a Great American Company that has terriffic customer service.

Dear Filson,

Last weekend myself and long time friend and fellow bird hunter Bill Woehlke and his new dog Blue, headed up to Northern Michigan for a weekend of Upland Bird Hunting. Blue is a young Weimaraner with a great nose and a lot of potential, unfortunately he seems to have a taste for your waxed tin cloth. My favorite hunting coat, Upland Bird model #62 which I bought in 2005 after 40 years of upland hunting with lesser quality jackets and coats that did not hold up, fell victim to Blues hunger for the Tin Cloth. This was going to be my last hunting coat that was going to be passed on to my son. I finally stepped up in 2005 and bought your Single Tin Pants, Chaps, Bird Strap vest and this coat. I wanted the best, and after 40 years of hunting, felt I had earned the privilege to wear Filson! After driving for 4 hours last Friday, and finally arriving at our destination , I saw that �Blue� had somehow pulled the sleeve into his metal wire cage and ate the sleeve, I stood there in complete and absolute utter denial that it actually happen. Blue just did not shred the sleeve he ate the sleeve. That Tin Cloth must taste pretty good to a dog, perhaps he smelled pheasants and grouse from other hunts, or he just likes the taste of tin cloth only Blue knows that answer.
I am writing to see if Filson could make and sew on a new Right Sleeve and repair the area under the right arm with some sort of gusset that would fill in the missing area next to the sleeve. I really love this coat and it has become a favorite not just for hunting, but other outdoor chores in the fall and spring. I has taken almost 5 years to break the coat in so that it feels comfortable and warm like an old friend. I am in no hurry, I just would like it repaired and returned to go out hunting next year. Please advise on cost and feasibility. In the future I intend to keep this coat far away from Blue�s cage when traveling.

Sincerely,

Mark Janusch (aka 300Savage)

Long story short, I just got my coat back today and it looks fantastic, they did a wonderful job of doing the repair and making a new sleeve. The cost was very reasonable, $50 including return shipping. Please support great American Companies like Filson. I'am one happy customer.

Last edited by 300Savage; 11/05/10.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I just bought a pair of wool bibs to go with my mackinaw vest and Alaskan guide shirt. The old saying "you get what you pay for" is all about Filson quality. What they did for you is great public relations.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just bought a Filson Packer coat recently and a pair of the single tin chaps! Can not wait to use them! Great stuff, never heard a bad thing said about them...

Last edited by lovemy99; 11/06/10.

Andrew
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I have several American made Filson items, all great products.

Just can't bring myself to buy there stuff made in China that used to be made here.

Luckily most of there coats are still American made.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Just came in and hung up my Filson Shelter Cloth Fowl Weather parka - terrific item for layering. I have accumulated a fair amount of Filson clothing over the years (Tin Upland Coat, Double Tin pants, #30 game bag, Single Tin chaps, couple of bridle leather belts, a hat, travel bag, etc.) - all great stuff. Always good to know that a company that makes a good product also gives great service, even better that it's an American company.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Good on Filson and nice job on that letter.....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I had shredded a "cover cloth" shelter cloth bird vest in one season of hunting in AZ's catclaw, oak brush and mesquite. I sent it back for repair and they called me letting me know that they would replace it with a new vest or I could chose something else of equal value as they did not think that the lighter weight cover cloth was the best choice for Az's flora. Long story short, they sent me a pair of tin cloth hunting pants that held up for 6 solid seasons before I had to replace them. Great product and a great company.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good Job Filson!!

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have pair of their tin pants, they are the toughest! The wool vests are great too.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,583 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,492,022
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.