“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by HawkI
I bet pickles on his burger sends him into clinical depression....

Hawk, I just spit coffee all over the screen! That was funny!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd tell you to get [bleep].

And mean it............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Just met a girl today that can't bend her knees. Has diabetes, had three heart attacks, her hands have been operated on for some funky bone problem and her kidneys don't work all that well. Where did I meet her? Ready? At the gym working out trying to keep going.

Give that a little thought while you think about your ring problem.

I forgot, prayers sent.

Is she waiting on rings and bases too?

Sorry crazy

Terry

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I luv you Terry!
Butch

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by TC1
Originally Posted by battue
Just met a girl today that can't bend her knees. Has diabetes, had three heart attacks, her hands have been operated on for some funky bone problem and her kidneys don't work all that well. Where did I meet her? Ready? At the gym working out trying to keep going.

Give that a little thought while you think about your ring problem.

I forgot, prayers sent.

Is she waiting on rings and bases too?

Sorry crazy

Terry

LMFAO!!! Funny Post!

It had to sting a little!

rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I must have stuck a hotwire...
It is unbeleivable,how some of you guys have jumped on this only to make me out a bad smuck,when I simply tried to warn others of a bad deal with Matt Williams.I know several of you and we have posted together and we agreed on several topics,yet people have interjected HS,BS and a struggling girl trying to make life out of she's been given.Make's no sense to me and I think shameful.
I was only warning others of bad customer service,which I have seen hundreds of you do in the past...
Tough crowd
My only reason posting here now is to stay logged in to try to get some kind of contact with Matt,so far no luck.
Have a good day,boys
rifle

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Matt said he was crediting you back, what further contact do you need?

rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For it to show up in the bank...and be done with this.
He says alot of things,I've found out....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't believe the whining has gone on for 3 pages...

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Maybe Rifle was wrong in his decision to air out his issues with Matt so publicly,and I'm sure Matt is trying his best to meet the demand,but this is not the only time there have been communication and delivery issues with those connected with Willams firearms over the years,and those that have been around the campfire very long know this to be true,and I have had enough customs built to know about delays and that some things don't always work out like I want them to,and would personally try to keep it between myself and the person I'm was doing business with...now come on guys lighten up a little!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Ackleyfan,
I don't have a dog in this fight. I personally don't buy from Matt because of these same problems that have been on going. Are these guys doing wrong letting the folks know what is going on? If this is an ongoing problem and it isn't resolved, I believe he has the right to vent.
Is this guy a complainer about a lot of things? I don't know him or heard of him until this issue came about.
Too many good suppliers out there. They are available when you need them. Nothing scarier than a person with your funds and you can't locate them.
Butch

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
If a guy lets himself get upset over a $100 set of rings and bases he has a problem other than not receiving his rings and bases timely. To jump all over a guy for posting about what he percieves to be poor customer service is IMO worse than the guy complaining to begin with. Psalm 19 V:14 "let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you oh Lord my rock and redeemer."
Be nice you'll feel alot better about yourself. It doesn't take much character to be negative and condecending.
Just saying. Hope everyone has a successful firearms deer season and may each of you be blessed with an opportunity at a B&C Buck.
Dave

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RaceTire
If a guy lets himself get upset over a $100 set of rings and bases he has a problem other than not receiving his rings and bases timely.

Disclaimer: I've dealt with Matt quite a bit, and while there have been times that he's been slow to respond, or not been able to provide his wares due to material supply problems, he's always made good in the end, and I can only speak very highly of the parts I've got from him ... they are top notch.

Now, as for your statement above, I don't think that anyone has the right to tell anyone else how much money they can or can't be out before they can worry about it. There are plenty of people that $100 means nothing to, and there are plenty where $100 is a hell of a lot of money.

IMHO, being out ANY money is a 'problem', simply because it means you've upheld your end of the deal by paying, and the other party has not upheld their end of the deal by supplying whatever it is you bought.

As has already been said, communication is the key. If/when you can't make good on your end of the deal within your own stated time frame, it's imperative that you initiate contact with the party who sent you funds to let them know what's going on ...

"we" here at the fire talk all the time about a man's word being his bond, and how unfortunate it is these days that we can't rely on that like we used to... yet if/when something like this happens, people jump on the 'complainer' as if he's just called your mom a whore ...

I'm not saying it's right to air your complaints publicly at the first sign of lack of communication ... but if/when someone does, at least remember that we all do know how important it is to keep your word, and keep an open dialog about the deal until it's complete, or at least reached some sort of mutually agreed upon resolution.

again, those are just my thoughts ... your opinion may vary, and you're completely entitled to it.

-WGM-
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
+1 WGM

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
WGM,
There is nothing implied in my post indicating that I made a judgement about a guy worrying about a $100, Worrying and being upset are two entirely different things. Rifle was obviously worried about his money and concerned he was not going to get his rings and bases in the time frame he expected them. I can appreciate that.
Getting upset enough to go public IMO was probably not the right thing to do. It certainly did not get him the components any quicker or in this case at all. Now a good man's reputation who is trying to build a business and make parts has been drug around over $100.
Here we are again talking about in this case $100. A little more patience would have went a long way and prevented all of this dialog and sooner or later the rings and bases would have been delivered and Matt's name and reputation would not have been drug through the mud.
We all know how things are supposed to work but sometimes our expectations are not met for one reason or the other. When it comes to quality machined pieces and gunsmithing whether it be barrels, actions, complete custom rifles, custom rings and bases all of us know that delivery times if promised at all are in a lot of cases extended for one reason or the other and at least in my case I allow for that happening (cause it always does).
Hey LSU won another one today. I was in "Death Valley" for the WV - LSU game. I thought Mountaineer Field was load!

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Two thoughts gleaned from years working retail and/or charging for a service:

1) hell hath no fury, like someone promised a refund which is not then forthcoming, and

2) a vendor can issue a refund on a Visa card, but it can still take WAY too long to show up back in the buyer's account.

All involved are free to use these pearls as they see fit. As always, communication and credibility rule the day, and are intimatly intertwined...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
rifle Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Guys,
I may have blown part of a "head gasket" over this,however the problem is/was NOT the money.The problem came about because what I had been told by Matt,then all communcation stopped.I had tried several times to contact him before my first posting on the matter and it appears that several others have too.I do not care to do business with people that can't follow thru.....
I simply posted a warning of "Buyer Beware"and was attached by people who had nothing better to do and things got out of hand.
Several relationships have been tested because of this,however I have received several PM's with support.Have a good holiday,I'm gone huntin'

Come on America,

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by WGM
IMHO, being out ANY money is a 'problem', simply because it means you've upheld your end of the deal by paying, and the other party has not upheld their end of the deal by supplying whatever it is you bought
Your right! Betcha if most member's were out $100bucks, they'd be crying like a [bleep] baby who lost his pacifier/binky. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you've paid for a product, it should be delivered within a timely manner!!!

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (257 roberts, 16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 59 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,887
Posts18,497,882
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.