Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you crack yourself up.

It's wonderful to see a man with such an unabashedly close and loving relationship with himself.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This will be funny too.

Howdja control headspace on the virgin hulls? Phone a friend,if it helps.

Laffin'..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That's a funny question right there.

No wonder you're "laffin."

You are a role model, nay, an inspiration I say, to people all over the internet who, like you, are certain that their sh** don't stink. And who see each unsullied thread on an internet forum as the proverbial dawn of a new day; a new chance to prove the same.

My hat's off to ya.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Exceedingly good call,to refrain commentary. It woulda done you no favors.

Feel free to cite where you THINK I'm mistaken and I'll happily rub your nose in your own stupidity...................................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Where I think you're mistaken?

That's much too deep a question for an internet forum, and goes well beyond something as mundane as headspacing on a belted cartridge.

But I do applaud your show of emotion. Most men are loathe to show their true feelings, that is to say their unbounded love for themselves.

But not you. You're not afraid. Again, my hat's off to ya.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
When you participate in forums there are a few posts you don't respond to. In the case of bigstick, don't respond to any of them. He posts nonsense. 28,000 posts times zero still equals zero.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks Ron, but I really do feel obligated to answer his question, it seems very important to him. Once he quits bangin' his spoon on the back of his high chair, I'll give it a shot. The racket is distractin' me.

But I am curious about one thing, maybe you can help. I've only been into reloading for a few years, so I'm not all that experienced at it. To listen to him talk, it sounds like bigstick has been at it for quite some time.

Do you know why he keeps asking me questions? That seems backward?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just click on his name and review previous posts. Pretty much all rubbish.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
Where I think you're mistaken?

That's much too deep a question for an internet forum, and goes well beyond something as mundane as headspacing on a belted cartridge.

But I do applaud your show of emotion. Most men are loathe to show their true feelings, that is to say their unbounded love for themselves.

But not you. You're not afraid. Again, my hat's off to ya.

The mundane fully escapes you and dumb as you are,you know that.

Which is why you dodged the query...though it was the only move you had.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ron_AKA
When you participate in forums there are a few posts you don't respond to. In the case of bigstick, don't respond to any of them. He posts nonsense. 28,000 posts times zero still equals zero.

Ron,

You couldn't reliably pour piss out of a boot,though you've an exceptional whine.

PM your addy and I'll get some cheese headed your way............

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Ron, but I really do feel obligated to answer his question, it seems very important to him. Once he quits bangin' his spoon on the back of his high chair, I'll give it a shot. The racket is distractin' me.

But I am curious about one thing, maybe you can help. I've only been into reloading for a few years, so I'm not all that experienced at it. To listen to him talk, it sounds like bigstick has been at it for quite some time.

Do you know why he keeps asking me questions? That seems backward?

You've the cart so far in front of the horse,that it's hilarious.

Dumb Ron hasn't the faculties to help you,but that don't mean I don't hope he tries.....................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You carp surface easily. Not surprising, given the shallow depth of your barrel, which is to say your mindset and the utter predictability it engenders.

Where are you mistaken? The answer is complicated because your mistakes are multi-faceted. First, you mistook me for someone who wants to hear your opinion.

Second, you tried to introduce an �issue� into the discussion of a problem that was already solved, so you had nothing to add and nowhere to go.

Third, you assumed your �issue� was relevant. It wasn't. Let me break it down for you. This was my second range session with this particular rifle, the first was with factory fodder. I just put a new scope on, so I needed to get it dialed in. Plus, I wanted to form some brass so I picked up a couple of bags and loaded 25. Got some good advice on loads from a few guys on this forum, and right out of the chute had a few loads that shot MOA with both TSXs and Partitions. That�s all I�ll ever need from this rifle, so I could stop right there. But that was with new brass that was so dinged and dented it looked like somebody dropped it out of an airplane. I�ve gotta think that with formed brass, once I square up the case mouths and load some more, the MOA groups are only gonna get better.

So tell me again how it is you can add to the discussion. And what was the question again? Oh yeah, now I remember, here�s your answer: I didn�t.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nice dodge. Only move you've got.

Poking your head in the sand,given your "knowledge" and "experience" ias equally as funny.

It'll never not crack me up,that the gals asking the questions,two Posts later feel compelled to start "answering" them!

Laffin'.............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sorry chief, I dodged nada, and I answered your question.

I didn't need your "help" or "advice," I know that must have been a big diappointment for you, but don't fret over it.

Tell me again what you contributed?

Masturbation must be awesome for you.

Because it's sex with the person you most admire. And undoubtedly, something you excel at.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Howdja control headspace on the virgin hulls? Phone a friend,if it helps.

Laffin'..................

And what was the question again? Oh yeah, now I remember, here�s your answer: I didn�t.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Nice dodge. Only move you've got.

Poking your head in the sand,given your "knowledge" and "experience" ias equally as funny.

Nice catch Larry, you got me there. English is your first language, right?

Now here's a query for you: Tell me how you control headspace on virgin belted hulls?

I'll be anxiously awaiting your answer. Most likely, for a long time......

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Now here's a query for you: Tell me how you control headspace on virgin belted hulls?

I'll be anxiously awaiting your answer. Most likely, for a long time.....

Still waiting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stick has written before that he uses a technique I use as well.

You neck the virgin brass up to a diameter larger than required and then neck it back down to size creating a false shoulder to headspace on.

Works great.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Belted cartridges headspace on the belt, right? You're talking about shoulder clearance, not headspace, right?

And I'm getting MOA with new brass, which is as I said all I'll ever need from this rifle, what's the use, and how is it better than just fireforming? I wouldn't hunt with the cases until I've fired them once regardless, so why bother with the necking up/down gymnastics?

Anyway, the problem was not a headspace issue, as was plainly stated, and the problem was already solved.

So why bring up headspace? If bigstick wants to point something out that's useful, my hat's off to him. If he wants to bring up irrelevant facts and f*** with people, he's just being an a**hole, and life's too short for that kind of nonsense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even with belted cartridges I much prefer to headspace off the shoulder rather than the belt.

Easy to do with a false shoulder tailored to your chamber.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It might be easy, and if I could see a benefit of necking up/down I might do it but I don't understand the benefit.

Because you can move the shoulder forward by fire-forming instead of necking up/down. Don't you think moving the whole shoulder forward gives more positive control than just a false shoulder? And wouldn't you fire the brass at least once anyway before you hunted with it?

Like I said, I've only been loading a few years, I'm learning here, but if you're going to fire it anyway, isn't necking up/down just working the brass one more time with little gained?

Thanks, and I do appreciate your input.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you get more positive centering of the cartridge in the chamber when you use a tight fitting false shoulder to headspace off of rather than the belt.

I've found a small but detectable difference in accuracy on first firing when comparing the shoulder vs. the belt headspacing. I've also found that the accuracy of a cartridge which headspaces off the false shoulder is identical to one which has already been fireformed in that chamber.

I would not hesitate to use virgin brass, properly headspaced, to hunt with. And do.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 222ND, 160user, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 48 invisible), 9,761 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,361
Posts18,546,896
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.