Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
264Win Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
What is so special about guns? They are made mostly of metal and wood or plastic. Guns are basically mousetrap-like things that are made to place all the energy into one small point. (Firing pin). There are other illegal killing devices that make sense to be illegal. Poison gasses are one of those. They aren't just simple metal and wood/plastic.

This brings up another point I want to make. Why can't I have fully automatic fire without having some super-special-no-crime-even-the-slightest-misdemeanor-on-record permit?

I know, I know, in the '20's gangsters used full auto to scare people and shoot FBI agents etc., but why didn't The People shoot back with fully automatic pistols?

If you�ve got answers to any of these ?�s please post �em. Thanks.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of Arms as the blackest"
-Gandhi

"The most foolish mistake we could make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms"
-Hitler
GB1

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
There isn't anything more satisifying to me than filling the freezer for my family. Fishing and hunting have provided great food for us for all my life. A gun is a tool that helps me get dinner. Somewhere along the way, a particular gun will find a special place in my heart because I like the way it feels or I've had a lot of success with it. I suppose it's like a bowler with a certain ball or a batter with a particular bat. I do target shoot also because I like to practice. Gun control truly is being able to hit your target.

264Win Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Amen to that last statement!!!!!!!!!

I mean from a political point of view though. You said it, it's a tool, not anything much more or less.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of Arms as the blackest"
-Gandhi

"The most foolish mistake we could make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms"
-Hitler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is nothing paricularly special about guns. "Gun Control"s existence, past, present and future is a direct result of the fact that a large number of people, both in this country and the rest of the world, refuse to even consider the notion that there are bad people in the world who have done, do and will continue to do bad deeds. Since there are no bad people, there can only be bad circumstances and bad things. It has therefore become their duty to correct the bad curcumstances and deliver us from the bad things. Ergo, "Gun Control".

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Agreed, look at how well gun control works in England. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,216
Posts18,485,508
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.