Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Gus , I don't presume to know the solution to any other state's immigration problem , but I know that the Texas problem MUST be solved on the Mexican side .Giving drones to the Mexican gov't is a part of that solution .

Within the past two weeks , I drove from San Benito to Sanderson , hugging the border all the way .How long since YOU did that ?

It is logistically and legally impossible to patrol the actual border in Texas for most of its' 1200+ mile length .That's why I came thru a number of BP checkpoints on my little journey .

It's also why I saw numerous BP agents driving in the borrow ditches where they blade the ground so footprints are more easily spotted .

Some of you people just don't seem to understand that there are no public roads - and in many cases no roads at all - for many long stretches of the Rio Grande .

Get out a map and look at HWY 90 from Del Rio to Van Horn . ALL the land south of the highway is NOT patrolled by the BP .There is a reason for that .

As far as sending troops down there ; Where you gonna lodge them ? Ever read the Third Amendment ?

Unless you actually spend some time down there , you have no idea of the immensity or the intensity of the problem of the Texas border with Mexico .

I'll leave others to speak of the problem in the other border states and as far as I know , most of the Florida wetbacks are of the saltwater variety .

thank you for your input and comments.

we gotta take stock, and choose to go in one direction or the other, at whatever rate of change.

the only thing in front of us now is the future. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know , Gus , I think I finally - after ten years here - posted something that makes more sense than the "other guy" .

I'm very much obliged to you .grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Looked it up myself.. appears to within a couple of hundred yards of the border. Close enough that it easily could have been flying on their side until it lost control.

Wonder how many of these they have up, and if we have any oversight into what they use them for?

I believe it's often referred to as an "understanding" .Don't have a clue as to how many .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I believe it's often referred to as an "understanding" .Don't have a clue as to how many .

Watch WikiLeaks and you will probably find out mad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless it turns out that the poor mistreated cartel members are queer , he ain't likely to get involved .

IC B2

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40716199/ns/us_news/

A small unmanned Mexican drone that crashed into a backyard in El Paso, Texas, was part of a surveillance test by Mexican authorities that ended abruptly when operators lost control of the aircraft, a U.S. security official told NBC News on Friday.

The Department of Homeland Security official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the 7-foot-long Orbiter Mini UAV drone flew off course during the test on Tuesday, then veered into Texas airspace and crashed behind a house in El Paso's former agricultural area, where homes are typically built on 1-acre lots. No one was hurt.

The official did not know whether Mexican law enforcement or military officials were operating the aircraft, but said that the Mexican government was using it for surveillance of the border, NBC News reported.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I think it was a weather balloon.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll just repeat my previous questions: Surveillance of which side of the border? To prevent or assist smuggling?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do I see the title of a new Star Wars epic between the Knights of the Jedi and the Dark Lords of the Saith, "The Drone Air Wars"?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Gus
it's not illegal to shoot down an unmanned spy plane, or is it?

IF it is in US airspace without permission, it can be shot down or forced to crash.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,944
Posts18,498,934
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.