Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
He called me about a half hour ago asking if I'd seen anything, since I'm home on Christmas break. He and his wife had been at work all day. Unfortunately I didn't see a damned thing. Was even out back throwing the ball for my dog for about twenty minutes late in the afternoon, and saw nothing unusual in his backyard.

I went over to lend some support. The cops were dusting for prints.

Apparently, they drove a van right into his chain link fence, through their car gate, right into his backyard, took off the back door and took their time with it. The vast majority of his guns were in his safes, and they didn't even try to get into them, but he had two revolvers in drawers which were stolen (favorites of his, it seems), a computer, a couple of game consoles, and a TV. Oddly, they left two shotguns that were in a couple of corners, very visible. Oh, and then they badly trashed the place just for fun. SOBs!

Really feel bad for them. Not to mention concerned for myself.

I have always made sure to own a dog of a breed that most people are deathly afraid of. In the past it's been German Shepherds and Dobermans, but currently the most feared dog is the American Pit Bull Terrier, and that's what my current best buddy is, as was my buddy that he replaced about eleven years ago. I hope the fear factor alone is enough, because he's a bit too old now to be doing actual battle with anyone and coming out unscathed, but Pitbulls have an almost supernatural ability to evoke terror in some folks (especially folks from the ghetto), so I'm hoping that will be enough, even at his age.

I sure wish I had seen them. Really pisses me off. I hope they're able to catch them and retrieve some or all of their things.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have him on ignore and was gonna toggle but you saved me the trouble and cracked me up... grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hawk will now be sleeping on his roof shooting the neighbors down when they take out the garbage. wink

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
You guys are mean . . . . . . . . . . but funny! grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Ya'll some good ole boys.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like kids out on Christmas break.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It is to bad. I came home to a burglary many moons ago and it is a traumatic experience.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

No kidding.....what a total fruit loop!! smirk

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
He could have used a burglar alarm.
Any other recent local break-ins?

[Linked Image] Steve

"He wins the most, who honor saves. Success is not the test"--Ryan

Blog: http://www.baitshopboyz.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=71
IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You need to move out of that hood bro! I mean seriously!

RUN!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
another near miss for TRH he is down to what..... about 2 or 3 lives now.

time to double the amount of nunchucks carried just to be safe.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"they drove a van right into his chain link fence,"

Kinda' curious as to just HOW they knew it was a "Van", I mean with no witnesses.

Are we sure it wasn't the Deranged Pickup Negro ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
He called me about a half hour ago asking if I'd seen anything, since I'm home on Christmas break. He and his wife had been at work all day. Unfortunately I didn't see a damned thing. Was even out back throwing the ball for my dog for about twenty minutes late in the afternoon, and saw nothing unusual in his backyard.

I went over to lend some support. The cops were dusting for prints.

Apparently, they drove a van right into his chain link fence, through their car gate, right into his backyard, took off the back door and took their time with it. The vast majority of his guns were in his safes, and they didn't even try to get into them, but he had two revolvers in drawers which were stolen (favorites of his, it seems), a computer, a couple of game consoles, and a TV. Oddly, they left two shotguns that were in a couple of corners, very visible. Oh, and then they badly trashed the place just for fun. SOBs!

Really feel bad for them. Not to mention concerned for myself.

I have always made sure to own a dog of a breed that most people are deathly afraid of. In the past it's been German Shepherds and Dobermans, but currently the most feared dog is the American Pit Bull Terrier, and that's what my current best buddy is, as was my buddy that he replaced about eleven years ago. I hope the fear factor alone is enough, because he's a bit too old now to be doing actual battle with anyone and coming out unscathed, but Pitbulls have an almost supernatural ability to evoke terror in some folks (especially folks from the ghetto), so I'm hoping that will be enough, even at his age.

I sure wish I had seen them. Really pisses me off. I hope they're able to catch them and retrieve some or all of their things.

And a bullet proof vest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Better him than you.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have grandkids, and avoid pit-bulls for that reason. My Lab, heeler, and terrier make good alarms, but are safe with the kids.

[Linked Image] Steve

"He wins the most, who honor saves. Success is not the test"--Ryan

Blog: http://www.baitshopboyz.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=71
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I had a home invasion when I lived in Florida. I had just changed jobs and was living in a temp apartment. Just came back from the grocery store and must have been followed, probably due to driving a Porsche turbo in my younger years. I heard my door rattle and looked out the peephole. I saw a skinhead with tattoos of barbed wire around his neck doinf=g a "jig" outside my door. I was not sure he was not visiting the punk rock college students across the hall. I ran to the bedroom and got my Charter Arms 44 spl and as I came out my door was busted in and the creep was charging me. He got another attitude when he saw I had a bea on his noggin and he was too close to miss. He turned and ran very fast. I called the city police and they said they would confiscate MY gun if they file a report since it was at a crime scene and I would probably not get it back. I told them I did not want to file a complaint and I lost my trust in police forever that night.

florida

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why would you not get your gun back? That doesn't make any sense?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
It is to bad. I came home to a burglary many moons ago and it is a traumatic experience.
I can imagine. No matter where I've lived, dogless neighbors have been burglarized while my homes were not. I have to believe there's something to that, especially since I've always had the types of dogs most folks say they're scared of. Cheap insurance, it seems, and you get a best buddy to boot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
most burglars are not interested in tackling any good sized dog.....my GSP trying to get to them through the door is pretty intimidating.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,593
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.