Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4764322 - 12/31/10 05:59 AM UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT
Soulfly Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: The Buckeye State
Oh man, for thoes who didnt see it, what a train wreck for both teams. If this keeps up the Tenn coach will look like he;s 100 yrs old by next year.

I had a sick feeling when that thing hit zero because Ive been there. I didnt celebrate this time, Dooley said.

Linky

CI16728
#4764327 - 12/31/10 06:02 AM Re: UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT [Re: Soulfly]
isaac Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Northern Virginia
what a train wreck for both teams.
===================

That's a fact. It was rather patheic to watch,actually. Maybe some good games today can finally get us into next weeks potential.

#4764366 - 12/31/10 06:19 AM Re: UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT [Re: isaac]
JohnMoses Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Mississippi
The officiating matched the play. Never seen a penalty enforced after a play was whistled dead in which no flag was thrown. (too many men on the field for NC)

Only to be enforced after a clock review that confirmed time had expired.

By using the previous plays unacknowledged penalty, they were able to give NC another chance since a game cannot end on a penalty of that type, even though no flags were thrown nor was any announcement made by the umpire declaring there was a penalty on the play until after the review for time...

Spoke with Al Graning who is a former SEC official and was on the NCAA Rules committee for a number of years. He said they f-d up big time.

Oh well.

www.pronghornsling.com

#4764422 - 12/31/10 06:41 AM Re: UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT [Re: Soulfly]
byc Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: VA 2 SC
I liked it! smile

I sure am proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

#4764495 - 12/31/10 07:00 AM Re: UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT [Re: JohnMoses]
Foxbat Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Spring Hill, FL
Originally Posted By: JohnMoses
The officiating matched the play. Never seen a penalty enforced after a play was whistled dead in which no flag was thrown. (too many men on the field for NC)

Only to be enforced after a clock review that confirmed time had expired.

By using the previous plays unacknowledged penalty, they were able to give NC another chance since a game cannot end on a penalty of that type, even though no flags were thrown nor was any announcement made by the umpire declaring there was a penalty on the play until after the review for time...

Spoke with Al Graning who is a former SEC official and was on the NCAA Rules committee for a number of years. He said they f-d up big time.

Oh well.

A game can't end on a DEFENSIVE penalty. The call was never that the time was put back on because of the penalty, it was because the replay booth believed 1 second was left when the spike hit the ground.

Rewatch the ending. The referee NEVER says that time is being put back on because of the penalty.

The penalty for "too many men on the field", only effected where the ball was spotted and had ZERO to do with time.

By your argument above, the penalty should not have been called IF it wasn't flagged, but the outcome would have been that UNC would have taken their FG attempt 5 yards closer.

Not to mention your original assertion above that you've never seen a penalty without a flag, after the play was blown dead....
Did you not see the end of the Tenn-LSU game this year? No flag, illegal participation only called after play/game over and the replay official called down to the referee that TN had too many men on the field.

#4764498 - 12/31/10 07:01 AM Re: UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT [Re: Foxbat]
isaac Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Northern Virginia
You have some work ahead of you,JM!!

#4764518 - 12/31/10 07:07 AM Re: UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT [Re: isaac]
byc Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: VA 2 SC
Yup---It was indeed the spike that spiked the whole thing. wink

Really does make you wonder what Butch Davis might have had were it not for all the ineligibles. Also, I like the way TJ Yates plays football. Thinking we may just see him on Sundays.

I sure am proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

#4764536 - 12/31/10 07:10 AM Re: UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT [Re: byc]
Soulfly Offline
Campfire Guide

I am still confused about the guy from K-St getting a flag for saluting and no flag in this game they saluted after every stinking TD and no flags?? Both Big 10 crews too.

#4764557 - 12/31/10 07:15 AM Re: UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT [Re: Soulfly]
ExpatFromOK Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: OK insurgent in TX
Originally Posted By: 270LightningBLR
I am still confused about the guy from K-St getting a flag for saluting and no flag in this game they saluted after every stinking TD and no flags?? Both Big 10 crews too.

K-State got robbed. That call is an embarassment.

Expat

#4764558 - 12/31/10 07:15 AM Re: UNC wins wild Music City Bowl in 2OT [Re: ExpatFromOK]
Soulfly Offline
Campfire Guide

Oh I can agree with that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
CLICK HERE for GREAT DEALS on STEINER OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
451 registered (163bc, 1899sav, 257heaven, 22_250shooter86, 1lesfox, 51 invisible), 1001 Guests and 309 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
50836 Members
72 Forums
642393 Topics
9225053 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright 08 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.