Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have owned several 1911's. Of them I only really shot two of them. I was also lucky enough to shoot some 1911 race guns and know the difference between a stock gun and a race gun.

They did mention distance in the interview but I don't remember what it was.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DINK
I have owned several 1911's. Of them I only really shot two of them. I was also lucky enough to shoot some 1911 race guns and know the difference between a stock gun and a race gun.

By laying hands on one, I mean working on it...........from start to finish. That's the only way to have more than a cursory understanding of the gun, it's parts & their interactions.

A blind man could see the difference between a race gun & everything else.

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by jwp475
Yeah, that's the other guy who did the demonstration with Leatham.. Todd Jarret.. Couldn't recall the name.

But if you ever saw this video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OPHq7NR8w4&feature=related

You would understand how the best of the best can cycle a semi-auto at full-auto speeds..

First time I saw J. Miculek shoot I had to have someone peel my eyelids off my forehead.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by jwp475
Yeah, that's the other guy who did the demonstration with Leatham.. Todd Jarret.. Couldn't recall the name.

But if you ever saw this video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OPHq7NR8w4&feature=related

You would understand how the best of the best can cycle a semi-auto at full-auto speeds..

First time I saw J. Miculek shoot I had to have someone peel my eyelids off my forehead.. laugh

Miculek is awesome.

IC B2

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Where did you find the numbers that the hi-power is most issued firearm in the world? And from what year are they?

Dink
Take a look at ANY reference on the Hi Power. Just look it up on Wikipedia, or any book. It's true, and there are more Hi Powers STILL in the hands of military and police than Glock by a good long shot.

Dink - Your problem is, you don't know what you don't know. You think you know, but you just don't know, and your ego just wont allow you to back down. Like I said, ain't nothing wrong with your choice of a Glock, it's how you manage to come up with this notion that Glock is some super pistol that marks your mental capacity.

I can come to the conclusion that a NAA mini-revolver if I apply your critical thinking skills. Just read stuff on the internet, both good and bad. Pick my choice (in this case, the NAA), learn all the positive stuff, and completely ignore anything negative; NAA wins.

All manner of issues with the Glock has been pointed out to you, yet you blatantly ignore it (completely ignoring the post altogether in many cases, because it doesn't fit your world), and continue to promote your Glock as if the identified issue had never been brought up.

If someone tells you your drun, that's an opinion. If 20 people at a party tell you you're drunk, you'd better give someone your keys.

You don't have anyone on this forum who thinks your notion of "Glock Perfection" bears any resemblance to reality...but you don't have the common sense to even consider that others could be right and you could be wrong. It's one thing to say Glock is the gun for me(or you); that makes complete sense. But you continue to say it's bar none, the bet gun in the world in the face of tons of evidence that shows your assertion just isn't so. You can't see it, you can't even recognize where your mistakes in your critical thinking skills are; I really don't ahve anything to work with here. I feel like I'm arguing with a teenager.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Dink - Your problem is, you don't know what you don't know.
I think that sums him up very well.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Kevin I never said anything about the glock pistol being the most issued. Thats you letting your ego get to you.

I am starting to think that your problem with Glock pistols is that you are scared of them. Just because they don't have a safety on the side does not make them unsafe. Just keep your finger off the trigger.

Your arguing with somone that knows about handguns. Not someone that sits at home and dreams about it. My opinion about the best fighting handgun has changed several times over the years as I got more experience. If there is ever a better fighting pistol built my opinion will change again.

I have read since 2002 its the Beretta 92 series is the most issued pistol in the world. I was wondering how and where you got you got numbers.....

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Dink - Your problem is, you don't know what you don't know.
I think that sums him up very well.

Well I don't know about nunchucks, carrying sticks, how a teacher can be armed everyday and almost being killed everytime I leave the house. That is where you are the expert.

Of course you can't change a light bulb with out making a post on the campfire either.....

Dink

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

1-Kevin I never said anything about the glock pistol being the most issued. Thats you letting your ego get to you.

I am starting to think that your problem with Glock pistols is that you are scared of them. Just because they don't have a safety on the side does not make them unsafe. 2- Just keep your finger off the trigger.

Your arguing with somone that knows about handguns. Not someone that sits at home and dreams about it. My opinion about the best fighting handgun has changed several times over the years as I got more experience. If there is ever a better fighting pistol built my opinion will change again.

I have read since 2002 its the Beretta 92 series is the most issued pistol in the world. I was wondering how and where you got you got numbers.....

Dink

!- No where has Kevin stated that you stated the Glock was the most issued pistol. It is this type of grabbing off facts that are not in existance

2- Keep ing one finger off of the trigger until ready to fire is a rule for any weapon. Since you do not believe in safety features, can I assume that all of your fans are without "fan guards". After all just keep your fingers out of the blades

Your logic is, well non existant at this point

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Well I don't know about nunchucks, carrying sticks, how a teacher can be armed everyday and almost being killed everytime I leave the house. That is where you are the expert.

Of course you can't change a light bulb with out making a post on the campfire either.....

Dink
DICKHEAD, if I mentioned that I had ice cream for dessert last night, it would among a certain clique here at the Fire, instantly take on legend status, and I'd be forever more referred to as ice cream man, the guy who eats ice cream every day, takes baths in it, and drives an ice cream truck wherever he goes. This is more of a statement about your and your cohorts' juvenile need to marginalize those you cannot defeat in honest debate than it is about me. Most with an IQ above room temperature understand that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...I have read since 2002 its the Beretta 92 series is the most issued pistol in the world....

Really? Care to cite the source? I mean, one that can be confirmed - not some nebulous magazine in your dusty collection?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I guess i need to add my two bits to make this silly thread 60 pages.
I have a glock 17, 20, 21, 23 and a bably glock in .357sig.
I have replacement barrels for all of them and like them, to an extent.
Are they strong? Yes, i lifted the slide off one due to a squibb load a couple of years ago.
Are they the best on the market? Whole nuther thing.
I have always disliked the method needed to take one apart.
Have i ever shot myself? No, but i still don't like the method to take one apart. I consider it a design problem.
I also consider the lack of a manual or secondary exterior safety a design defect too.
Have i ever shot myself with one due to this, no?
I think that one of the reasons so many are used in police departments is because of glock marketing tactics and low cost bidding as much as anything else.
I also dislike glock quietly changing things due to design issues or percieved design issues without EVER announcing there is an issue.
The 17 was one of the very first glocks made in austria and sold in this country, still has austrian markings on it. A number of years later they quietly changed the fire control system as to some parts as sort of an "unannounced recall". I recently took the pistol to a glock armorer who would have replaced the suspect parts for free, but i would have had to surrender the parts to glock, so i paid for a set of "the new and improved" parts keeping the originals with the pistol.
There loose chambered barrels were made that way for a reason, and i understand that. But i also chose to put in aftermarket barrels for a variety of reasons. That looses chambering works for feed reliability but for reloaders, it is another issue. A friend of mine who has been reloading for at least 40 years on all kinds of weapons use to have glocks but has sold them because he didn't want to have to buy the replacement barrels.
To each his own.
Is it still a defect not to have a manual safety, the military seems to agree with me on this.
I have seen some springfield xd's around that were built with a manual slide safety for government competition reasons.
I have always said i think glocks are a pistol l love to hate but have them because they work in a lot of ways.
But i can think of a ton of pistols that work for me easily as well. Such as the springfield, the 1911, and or course the hi power.
And a whole lot of sigs.
I think just about every pistol made has some atvantages and disatvantages to them, well there are some that probably don't have many atvantages.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 01/18/11.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Dink
That could be new sales, being the supplier for Uncle Sam makes one's number go way up; I really don't know. But just go over to Wikipedia like I said, look up the Browning Hi Power and see how many nations are using them. That list is far from complete, and it's easily twice as large as any other pistol out there. I'm not saying numbers mean it's the best, just stating which military pistol is used in the greatest numbers.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Kevin I never said anything about the glock pistol being the most issued. Thats you letting your ego get to you.
Hello pot, I'm the kettle, and you're black.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
RoninPX � good post.

Like JOG, I don�t care for the compromises Glock makes to get the reliability they get. I�ve seen many other pistols get reliability just as good without compromising safety (before anyone read too much into that, you might want to read my article on this topic: http://shootersjournal.net/the-truth-about-the-glock/ ). While it�s not necessarily a �flaw� per-se, I don�t consider it desirable. What disturbs me most is Glock as a company who has made decisions I consider at times to be immoral, when they knowingly let people carry a gun that their life is dependent upon that has known critical issues. So in a lot of ways, I just don�t choose to do business with that company. Still, I keep saying I�m going to pick up a G19 someday, I�ve always just liked that pistol.

With that said, I have carried a Glock for personal defense on rare occasion. I once took a flight with a client to Mexico, and another to Panama. Both times I had to make arrangements with local LE for weapons, which is entertaining at times; great stories there � one handed me a Chinese 56/1 under folder in a duffel bag with several loaded mags�I thought to myself; �I think I could hang out with this guy�.

One time there was an option of a .30 Luger Hi Power, but I just don�t care for the cartridge. So one time I took a well used first gen Glock 17 (The other choice was a WELL worn Ballester Molina), and another time, I wasn�t given the option, a Glock 22 was handed to me and I just smiled and said thank you. Both times I wasn�t given the option of test firing, so I just did a quick look at the gun inside and out, and dropped a pencil down the barrel and snapped it to make sure that a firing pin will at least strike a primer.

Glock is what it is; a good pistol

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
RoninPX � good post.

Like JOG, I don�t care for the compromises Glock makes to get the reliability they get. I�ve seen many other pistols get reliability just as good without compromising safety (before anyone read too much into that, you might want to read my article on this topic: http://shootersjournal.net/the-truth-about-the-glock/ ). While it�s not necessarily a �flaw� per-se, I don�t consider it desirable. What disturbs me most is Glock as a company who has made decisions I consider at times to be immoral, when they knowingly let people carry a gun that their life is dependent upon that has known critical issues. So in a lot of ways, I just don�t choose to do business with that company. Still, I keep saying I�m going to pick up a G19 someday, I�ve always just liked that pistol.

With that said, I have carried a Glock for personal defense on rare occasion. I once took a flight with a client to Mexico, and another to Panama. Both times I had to make arrangements with local LE for weapons, which is entertaining at times; great stories there � one handed me a Chinese 56/1 under folder in a duffel bag with several loaded mags�I thought to myself; �I think I could hang out with this guy�.

One time there was an option of a .30 Luger Hi Power, but I just don�t care for the cartridge. So one time I took a well used first gen Glock 17 (The other choice was a WELL worn Ballester Molina), and another time, I wasn�t given the option, a Glock 22 was handed to me and I just smiled and said thank you. Both times I wasn�t given the option of test firing, so I just did a quick look at the gun inside and out, and dropped a pencil down the barrel and snapped it to make sure that a firing pin will at least strike a primer.

Glock is what it is; a good pistol
I would sure hate to have to depend for my life on a handgun handed to me by a perfect stranger without a chance to put it through the ringer with the ammo it's to be loaded with.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by FreeMe
...I have read since 2002 its the Beretta 92 series is the most issued pistol in the world....

Really? Care to cite the source? I mean, one that can be confirmed - not some nebulous magazine in your dusty collection?

Google it. Its there.

Dink

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Dink
That could be new sales, being the supplier for Uncle Sam makes one's number go way up; I really don't know. But just go over to Wikipedia like I said, look up the Browning Hi Power and see how many nations are using them. That list is far from complete, and it's easily twice as large as any other pistol out there. I'm not saying numbers mean it's the best, just stating which military pistol is used in the greatest numbers.

It could be new sales.

It does not matter how many nations are using it. What matters is how many people have it issued to them.

Dink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Google it. Its there.

Dink

Disregarding the you made the claim, so it is incumbent upon you to show the proof ("google it" being the simplest of the "troll bag of tricks")....

I did. A whole 27 countries listed as users for the92. With the US, Brazsil and France beint the most notable of the list, and most of the rest are third-world countries.

The BHP shows a list of no less than 80 countries using/have used. And far more of the industrialized world than with the 92.

I doubt that you could get to the real numbers without spending a lot of time digging, but if you're gonna toss the "google it" at me, that's all the response you'll get - and I'm gonna use that info unless you can conjure up something better.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,741 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,940
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.