Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
The Infamous BLACK DEATH CHALLENGE TARGET is now available for downloding by all you pilgrims. Set for proper mesurements, read the rules carfully, and then go nuts.
<br>
<br>
<br> www.stararchery.net

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I WOULD GUESS IT IS ABOUT 3-4 HOURS FROM QUINCY TO WOLF LAKE ILL. QUINCY IS ON THE MISS. RIVER BUT IT'S UP NORTH AROUND SPRINGFIELD.

N
N
Thanks Squack!
<br>
<br>I was just wondering how far it was from Bill Oglesby Cowboy Shoot.
<br>
<br>See ya'll later.
<br>Navasota Kid

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Hey everybody,
<br>
<br>24 hr Campfire, Marlin Talk, Team Top Gun, Marlin talk is being hacked by the anti-hunters, board wiped out again. about midnight

Seems that some people on the Marlin board have had problems getting the correct size on the Black Death Target when they print it out. The #10 target which is suppose to be 1/2" comes out about 3/8" with the rest of the targets being proportionally smaller than they should be. I made up some new targets that would print out the right size and posted links on the Marlin board but I made two mistakes with them. First I incorrectly stated Rule #1 that was on the target. The difference in terminology was enough to cause problems in competition shooting. The second was that I didn't include the trademark skull and crossbones (Jolly Roger) on the target. Both these issues have been taken care of and John has approved the final version for use until they get the problem with their target taken care of at Star Gun & Archery
<br>
<br>As far as I know, the Marlin board has been down since Monday night. John suggested I come here and post the new links in case any of the regulars from either the Marlin board or 24 Hour Campfire would be interested in it. If you want to try your hand at the Black Death Challenge then make sure to read the rules at the Top Gun Team site using this link - Rules for compeating in the Black Death Challenge . The target itself can be accessed and printed from this link - New Black Death Target . Make sure your printer is set to print at 100% and check the size of the circles to be sure they come out the right diameter. If they are too big then go to Original Black Death Target to try the original target for print size. Hope this helps someone to be able to test themselves and their rifle in this contest. Good luck and shoot safe.
<br>
<br>Tom
<br>

IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Plinker Tom has distinguished himself, by going out of his way to improve The Black Death Challenge Target in order to improve the marksmanship of the people United States of America. We must never be allowed to falter in this endevour as markmanship is the basis of our military, and a somber warning to those who would infiltrate our American heritage, we are an armed nation, of sharpshooters. With this little game we get better.

Thanks Tom.
<br>So John is this Target Official?
<br>Nit}{awk

GOD Bless us All....Amen
J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Yep, old Plinker Tom got us on the right track. You can allways check a Black Death target measurement by putting a dime on the 5 ring, that will measure perfect .75" dia circle. How do you like the new Jolly Roger, he really pisses everybody off good. A lot of people shoot him first. Just don't do it during a formal match.
<br>
<br>The proper way to have a Black Death match is to use 2 targets with a 15 minute time limit. The left target is used for zero, and you can use a many shots as needed.
<br>The right target is used for record, use only 5 shots on that one.
<br>
<br>If you score a 46 to 50 let me know at fptopgun@bellsouth.net, make sure you have a witness or e-mail me the target, and you go in the record book.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 358wsm, 264mag, 204guy, 257heaven, 47 invisible), 2,246 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,450
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.