rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
Note to self:

Don't mess with Rex. (grin)

lol

Hey now,...I'm just a harmless little puppy.

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
growing up we had to deal with this, my Grandparents owned 150 acres in North Central CA, with Forest Service land on 3 sides. The property was fenced and posted, and still we had to constantly chase off poachers. Made no sense, since in my time hunting there I saw more deer off the property and over all we killed more deer off the property than on. Of course it was my grandpa's rule that you only hunted on the property if you were going for your first buck or if it was close to the end of the season and you were skunked.

rrroae Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
...when hunting though, I could give a chit less who "owns it" unless they actually have it posted "no trespassing"...

You mean if it's not posted it's ok for you to hunt there?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very common all over the west to have unfenced, unmarked private property.
Wardens will tell you that it is ALWAYS the responsibility of the hunter to know the status of the land that you are on.

Proud NRA Life Member
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've got two brothers with that same stinkin' mentality.
They ain't gonna know, they ain't gonna' care, they ain't gonna' this or they ain't gonna' that.

My problem is, the crap flowed down hill. After they'd been ejected enough times rumors started flyin' and my name got caught up in it.
You have no idea how embarrassing and infuriating it is to have a land owner,,,,,,,,,,
Aw pizz on it.
I'ld like to put a pick handle up every trespassers butt.

"There are three kinds of men
Those who learn by reading
The few who learn by observing
The rest have to pee on the
electric fence and find out
for themselves."
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
In CA, are land owners require by law to post their property, every certain amount of feet, if they don't want people on their land?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
In CA, are land owners require by law to post their property, every certain amount of feet, if they don't want people on their land?

I believe that the law reads....fenced, posted or under cultivation.

Proud NRA Life Member
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by teal

Lord help him if I find him on my land.
Yep

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
IMO - I don't care if it's posted or not. Know where you are and where you do and don't have permission to hunt.

I don't put the responsibility on someone else to kick me off where I'm not supposed to be. That's on me to know where I should and shouldn't be.

I don't need a sign to tell me not to chit in the kitchen.

Me

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
In Az, the law is, property must be posted no hunting/trespassing at all entrances and every 1/4 mile around the perimeter... otherwise is legal to hunt.

No firing a firearm within 1/4 mile of an occupied building without permission, whether posted or not, no discharge of a firearm in city limits.

It's up to the landowner in rural areas to post the land or allow hunting.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since many of the landowners will simply not grant permission to hunt on their property for various reasons (i.e. they are anti-hunting, they have accident liability concerns, selfishness etc.), I have developed what I call the "Robin Hood Approach."

I just take my bow and hunt their property anyhow!

Well... This is pretty damn bold and stupid... If Nemesis thinks that a deer is more valuable than his money and freedom... Well... He's a stupid bastard that needs his ass kicked up between his shoulders... What an idiot...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I read this when it was originally posted. I certainly hope that was the first day that he decide to try inhaling, or something along those lines.

This must be different times.

Where I came from it was your responsibility to know who owned what and get the necessary permission to be there. If not you were - and were considered - a worthless piece of crap.

My two favorite signs:

Is there life after death?
Trespass here and find out.

And

No Trespassing.

Violators will be shot. Survivors will be prosecuted.

Why in the hell would it be someone else's responsibility to tell you that you do not have the right to be somewhere?

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Monkey_Joe
a worthless piece of crap.
Couldn't agree more...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess if he finds a house that is unoccupied, he'll just move in that [bleep] as well.

He just hasn't gotten caught on the right man's property yet.

And he'll get caught. Anyone who comes on a public forum and admits to that kind of thing isn't too bright.

JM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he's truly doing that, sooner or later he'll get his comeuppance. They almost always do. The might get away with it for years, then they get bold and stupid. Some day he'll get caught.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Poaching is: "The illegal shooting, trapping, or taking of game or fish from private or public property."

Hunting or fishing while trespassing is poaching. A game warden/CO will charge you with poaching if you're caught with game or fish. A deputy sheriff may only charge you with trespassing.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My X buddy/neighbor did the very same thing, shooting 7-8 deer every year. The land owner questioned him and the good guy that he is told them that it we ME!

I assisted the DNR and it took 3 years but they busted him!

JD338

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Poaching is: "The illegal shooting, trapping, or taking of game or fish from private or public property."

Hunting or fishing while trespassing is poaching. A game warden/CO will charge you with poaching if you're caught with game or fish. A deputy sheriff may only charge you with trespassing.

That's the rub... the Sheriff will fine you... the game department can also take action independently and revoke your license. Here in Az it's typically 5 years and reciprocated with most other states.

Stay legal for your state, know the laws for each... don't poach.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To me, it's wrong and shouldn't be done. Of course, I feel the same way about breaking the speed limit.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by rrroae
...I just plain don't like Nemesis and his vitrol on every other thread is getting tiring.

He is one of a very short list that made it on to my Ignore list, a long time ago.

It's just not worth the blood pressure spikes to listen to a few on here.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 58 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.