Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A pocket full a turrets should keep ya covered. Oooooopps, that was proprietary

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The velcro fastener,is gonna add another $700 to the fray...................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E
John,

Out of curiousity, to what range are your elevation turrets calibrate for?

Also, if your windage turrets are marked in wind speed, how do you account for different strengths coming from different points of the compass?

Regards,

Peter

Pete,

The max distance on the Drop Compensating Turret will depend on the rifle the optic is mounted on and the conditions used to generate the trajectory.

We get 20 MOA in a rotation on our custom scopes so we will get a little further max range in one rotation that the stock Leupold.

I will give you an example:

7MM WSM shooting the 162gr Hornady AMAX
Muzzle Velocity 3100fps

Now let�s say we will use this rifle hunting costal blacktail in SE Alaska. Our hunting conditions will range from beach hunting at sea level to maybe a max of 3000ft if we are tough and want to climb from the beach to the alpine.

I would recommend setting the turret for 1500ft and 40degrees temp.

From a 200yd zero we would need 19.5 MOA to get us to 950yds. We would etch the 950yard hash at 19 2/3s MOA and that would be one click short of a full revolution.

The rest of the dial will be etched with the appropriate ranges.

We don�t dial for wind but use the reticle with the hash marks in one MOA increments.

The 10 MPH wind drift is etched on the elevation turret above each hundred yard increment.

In this example the 900 yard zero will have a 4 � etched above the 9 to indicate the bullet will drift 4 � MOA at 900yds in a true 10 MPH crosswind.

Here is a video link that might be of interest.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Pete E
John,

Out of curiousity, to what range are your elevation turrets calibrate for?

Also, if your windage turrets are marked in wind speed, how do you account for different strengths coming from different points of the compass?

Regards,

Peter

Pete,

The max distance on the Drop Compensating Turret will depend on the rifle the optic is mounted on and the conditions used to generate the trajectory.

We get 20 MOA in a rotation on our custom scopes so we will get a little further max range in one rotation that the stock Leupold.

I will give you an example:

7MM WSM shooting the 162gr Hornady AMAX
Muzzle Velocity 3100fps

Now let�s say we will use this rifle hunting costal blacktail in SE Alaska. Our hunting conditions will range from beach hunting at sea level to maybe a max of 3000ft if we are tough and want to climb from the beach to the alpine.

I would recommend setting the turret for 1500ft and 40degrees temp.

From a 200yd zero we would need 19.5 MOA to get us to 950yds. We would etch the 950yard hash at 19 2/3s MOA and that would be one click short of a full revolution.

The rest of the dial will be etched with the appropriate ranges.

We don�t dial for wind but use the reticle with the hash marks in one MOA increments.

The 10 MPH wind drift is etched on the elevation turret above each hundred yard increment.

In this example the 900 yard zero will have a 4 � etched above the 9 to indicate the bullet will drift 4 � MOA at 900yds in a true 10 MPH crosswind.

Here is a video link that might be of interest.

[bleep],you're a RIOT!

MOA for windage,but not ele...though you'll scratch [bleep] with a pocket knife?

Interestingly enough,these BDC's with MOA will grant 60MOA in a revolution.

[Linked Image]

Getta kick out 1/3 values too,if only because they's as obtuse as you. I'm cryin'.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lil Fish,

Keep studying. We will get you your first LR kill yet. laugh laugh

You can do it.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only thing you can show me,is how inherently funny stupidity is and I do thank you for that.

It's epic!....................

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If doing some extra calculations at the shot make you feel better, have fun.

Some of us are a little beyond the chart dialing thing.

Bruce Robinson is laughing at you from above.
Those who knew him are not. They are simply shaking their head at the stupidity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lil Fish,

When you post your first pic of an animal you have cleanly taken at distance I will be so proud of you. I will be the first to congratulate you on a job well done. smile

Now get out of the theoretical and go out there and get you some real practice so next year you will be ready. laugh laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Physics is only theoretical,to the oblivious...of which you wholeheartedly qualify...............

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I have an Ed Brown Damara in .300 Win Mag. It's light, around 7+ pounds with a brake. I'm shooting 180 gr. Ballistic Tips at 3,000 fps, approx. 1/2 MOA. I'm looking for a trim, light hunting scope with a ballistic turret, programmed for this load. Am looking at the Leupold VX-3, 3.5-10x40 CDS and the Swarovski Z3, 4-12x50 BT Reticle. I know there is a price spread there, but like both scopes. Cabelas has this Z3 on sale for around $1K, the Leupold will cost around $600 or so. The Leupold custom turrets are less expensive than the Outdoorsman's custom Swarovski turrets. I don't want the big, M1 Leupold type target turrets, just a simple one with a stop at 100 yds. Don't expect to shoot much over 500 yds. May need an extra turret for high altitude hunting.

Would appreciate input and advice.

Thanks,

DF

The One Load Wonder BDC's are a great gag gift,every Cough Silencer oughtta come with one.

Would love to hear how someone is stupid enough to screw a MOA scale up,with all staring them right in their crossed eyes..................

[Linked Image]

Will this explain??

[Linked Image]

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Must be outta the same pile of beans as frammy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aw how cute.

A couple more from the "never been there, never done that" crowd.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lil Fish,

When you post your first pic of an animal you have cleanly taken at distance I will be so proud of you. I will be the first to congratulate you on a job well done. smile

Now get out of the theoretical and go out there and get you some real practice so next year you will be ready. laugh laugh

Hey Stick- you could end this right now with a quick pic of the deer you intentionally shot in the ass- SIDE of the ass no less- at what, 500 yds? You know, the pic with your coat over the whole back of the deer to cover up what that Amax must have done to the meat?

Oh wait.... he said "cleanly".... crap, my bad.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N

Last edited by Nrut; 01/23/11.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John I am trying to follow this stupid thread. As near as I can tell you offer a rifle package with the scope (of unknown quality) set up with a dial-a-deer knob.....for both elevation and windage. That would be canned come ups and windage values, not in MOA, but in knob settings. I am not a LR hunter, but primarily a target shooter. I have killed my last two elk at 500+ yards with a sporter 300 mag.

First if I read this correct you offer a rifle with calibrated windage. If so that is beyond compare, the most stupid promotion I could imagine. I would hope the price of your rilfe includes a PHD in wind reading.

In terms of elevation...if you offer a dial-a-deer setting there you should also offer a PHD in external ballistics and perhaps...$hit-assed luck.

I will respect your ability with your rifle (and I'm sure it is well built), but why not just offer simple MOA corrections to make your rifles more repeatable. I would think this is the way target shooters and hunters alike could comprehend.

I can't comment on your elevation corrections, but if you offer a pre determined windage knob.................that won't work

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, that's the one.

Reading his description of the how and why is nauseating.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Jeff you have a PM

LC

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Yep, that's the one.

Reading his description of the how and why is nauseating.

Let me get this straight..

Jeff O is being critical of someone who shot a deer in the ass.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I chuckled as well.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The guy is so stupid he can't help himself.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 260madman, 1minute, 49 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,858
Posts18,478,546
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.