Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by NH K9
Don't confuse college football with politics.

You better get your head together, Spano already has Romney as the Republican nominee in '12 crazy .

George

I distinctly remember that Bob was absolutely certain that McCain would be elected our next President back in 2008, oops! grin

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by NH K9
Don't confuse college football with politics.

You better get your head together, Spano already has Romney as the Republican nominee in '12 crazy .

George

===============

In two years George,who knows. Romney is not a stretch of the imagination at all. He will out poll Palin by a significant margin once the real nomination fire gets stoked. They're just testing the waters and putting out feelers now.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Romney�s poll numbers inside the Tea Party are lower than whale poop.

Nobody gets the nomination without the Tea Party.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Romney isn't the answer in '12. I'm not saying Palin is either, but she's a damn shade better than Romney. Look at what he did at the lower level and figure he can [bleep] things up significantly more as President...

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yup, it is a CNN poll of whoever cares to click on their polls.

Do you get a lot of your news from CNN?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
smile

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I did a look-up of the CNN poll that BrentD posted:
Romney 50%
Huckabee 26%
Gingrich 12%
Palin 12%

To quote CNN: “This is not a scientific poll”

It is a meaningless straw poll that anybody can punch as many times as they want.

I could sit here all day and post the same type of polls from the Palin sites that show her running about 80 to 90% and Romney dead last.

American Spectator has a 2/09/11 straw poll up now on the 2012 GOP Contenders:

Current results:
Palin 52.22%
Cain 6.40%
Daniels 4.93%
Ron Paul 4.68%
Christie* 4.19%
DeMint* 3.69%
Pawlenty 3.20%
Other 3.20%
Gingrich 2.96%
Romney 2.46%
Bachmann 2.22%
Barbour 1.72%
Huckabee 1.72%
Ryan* 1.48%
Rubio* 1.23%
Santorum 0.99%
Pence* 0.99%
Rand Paul 0.74%
Thune 0.49%
Perry* 0.49%
Johnson 0.00%
*already announced they are not running

All you need to do to vote is provide an Email address and �Prove You�re Human�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Allen West will deliver the closing keynote address to CPAC on Feb. 12.

Other speakers include:
Rep. Michele Bachmann
Gov. Haley Barbour
Hon. John Bolton
Andrew Breitbart
Arthur Brooks
Herman Cain
Ann Coulter
Gov. Mitch Daniels
Hon. Newt Gingrich
David Horowitz
Wayne LaPierre
Sen. Mike Lee
Sen. Mitch McConnell
Rep. Ron Paul
Sen. Rand Paul
Hon. Tim Pawlenty
Gov. Rick Perry
Hon. Mitt Romney
Hon. Donald Rumsfeld
Rep. Paul Ryan
Hon. Rick Santorum
Phyllis Schlafly
Sen. John Thune

No Huckabee
No Palin

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BrentD
Yup, it is a CNN poll of whoever cares to click on their polls. That's why I said that when I first posted it. It may or may not be representative but in the end Perky can't get firm support from many staunch republicans - If she could, Bowsinger wouldn't be in a new battle for her honor every other day.

Time will sort it out but I'll wager that Newt or anyone else that wants to run for the primary will make mince meat of her in the first nanosecond of the first, unscripted candidate debate.

During the summer and fall of the 2006 Alaskan gubernatorial race, for some reason known only to Alaskans, they held an unprecedented series of more than 30 gubernatorial debates.

Sarah Palin was so good that the Huffington Post, of all People, produced a video titled �Palin: A Better Debater Than You Think.�

I have just watched the video, which is a compilation of her most effective moments, no wonder Sarah won her Alaskan landslide.

It is a far different Sarah Palin than how some describe her in these long Palin threads.
She was all business, direct and to the point, easy to understand.

I was stunned and shocked when I could not find any cheerleading or incoherent screeching or any evidence of paint peeling off the walls�

Don�t take my word for it: Conservatives4Palin.com has the video.

And about that VP debate with Joe Biden that Sarah did when she was only 4 weeks out of Wasilla.

Before Peggy Noonan realized that Palin was killing off some of her favorite RINOs and turned into a Palin Basher, she said this about that debate:

�Palin killed. It was her evening. She was a star. She had Joe Biden at �Nice to meet you. Hey, can I call you, Joe?� � Fifteen minutes in she had Biden on the defensive on the subject of Obama and taxes. She told him his Iraq plan was a white flag of surrender. She killed.�

Now, what was it you were saying about the upcoming 2012 nomination debates???

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
After Sarah, who's your next preference?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dude, when they say "love is blind" they also meant "love is deaf" and, my boy, you are in love. Totally, unequivocally, and without reservation.

She is all yours...

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I like what Palin has to say. Unfortunately I don't think she can win an election. Right now I don't see any R's that will unseat O.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by isaac
After Sarah, who's your next preference?

Here in the Ozarks we have a lot of fine caves and I will prolly go live in one if Palin in not the 45th Prez.

You have asked a good question for any of us who support a particular candidate.
Worth its own thread�

Who are the GOP Topgun Choices?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrentD
Dude, when they say "love is blind" they also meant "love is deaf" and, my boy, you are in love. Totally, unequivocally, and without reservation.

She is all yours...

And the Cowardly Cow Whisperer has spoken.LOL.

Your political acumen is on par with your courage,nada.

Camile Paglia is Democrat,atheist and a lesbian.She is hardly a conservative,but these are her observations about Sarah Palin.

�We may be seeing the first woman president. As a Democrat, I am reeling,� said Camille Paglia. �That was the best political speech I have ever seen delivered by an American woman politician. Palin is as tough as nails.�

"The gun-toting Sarah Palin is like Annie Oakley, a brash ambassador from America's pioneer past. She immediately reminded me of the frontier women of the Western states, which first granted women the right to vote after the Civil War -- long before the federal amendment guaranteeing universal woman suffrage was passed in 1919. Frontier women faced the same harsh challenges and had to tackle the same chores as men did -- which is why men could regard them as equals, unlike the genteel, corseted ladies of the Eastern seaboard, which fought granting women the vote right to the bitter end."

"When liberals come off as childish, raving loonies, the right wing gains. I am still waiting for substantive evidence that Sarah Palin is a dangerous extremist. I am perfectly willing to be convinced, but right now, she seems to be merely an optimistic pragmatist like Ronald Reagan."

"I had heard vaguely about Palin but had never heard her speak. I nearly fell out of my chair. It was like watching a boxing match or a quarter of hard-hitting football -- or one of the great light-saber duels in "Star Wars."...This woman turned out to be a tough, scrappy fighter with a mischievous sense of humor."

"As I have repeatedly said in this column, I have never had the slightest problem in understanding Sarah Palin's meaning at any time.On the contrary, I have positively enjoyed her fresh,natural,rapid delivery with its syncopated stops and slides -- a fabulous example of which was the way that she used a soft, swooping satiric undertone to zing Katie Couric's dippy narcissism and to assert her own outrage as a "mama grizzly" at libels against her family."

"And let me take this opportunity to say that of all the innumerable print and broadcast journalists who have interviewed me in the U.S. and abroad since I arrived on the scene nearly 20 years ago, Katie Couric was definitively the stupidest."

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got some good chuckles outa this thread!

many thanks to my pard ironbender (he's gettin quite quippy) [as an aside how often do you see two q words in succession]

and bowsinger

you boyz did some skewerin, I enjoyed it!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't know a whole lot about Camille Paglia, but aside from political labels, she doesn't seem to toe a straight ideological line. I seem to recall she has POed the feminist establishment now and then.

One of my brothers was a college classmate of hers. Says she is exceptionally bright.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (8MMX57JS, Akhutr, ak_Rick, 9 invisible), 921 guests, and 799 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,101
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.