Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd take 1 Ruger before I took 3 T3's.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Somebody has to buy cheap, ugly, rough rifles. Oh and squeeze, I have owned new, old, older and newer. All turds...every one of them. Yes, they shoot, although not very accurately. They feed well, but scuff the heck out of your brass and the bullet tips. They are rugged, yet sloppy and rough. Great triggers (yeah right). Wonderful angled action screw, now that is a wonderful brain fart and a half. You can have them...keep buying them, love them forever. They aren't for me, never will be. Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OP LundT, who has the Ruger .260s?

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Flinch
Somebody has to buy cheap, ugly, rough rifles. Oh and squeeze, I have owned new, old, older and newer. All turds...every one of them. Yes, they shoot, although not very accurately. They feed well, but scuff the heck out of your brass and the bullet tips. They are rugged, yet sloppy and rough. Great triggers (yeah right). Wonderful angled action screw, now that is a wonderful brain fart and a half. You can have them...keep buying them, love them forever. They aren't for me, never will be. Flinch
..........Sorry pal. Ain`t buying your analysis.

Both my Rugers feed very well, don`t scratch the brass or the bullet tips, are not sloppy and rough, and both are extremely accurate. I did however replace the trigger assembly on one of them.

Don`t mind if I do take them, brain farts and all.

So I guess that I have the only two Rugers in existence that,,,,"don`t" do anything that you say they do??.....Imho,,,bullcrap!

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are all yours! You rock, you Da'Man, you win, your weiner is bigger than mine...bla bla bla...happy now? You are like a woman, no sense arguing with you. You are always right, based on two meager samples you had to "fix". I bow before you ;o) Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They are all yours! You rock, you Da'Man, you win, your weiner is bigger than mine...bla bla bla...happy now? You are like a woman, no sense arguing with you. You are always right, based on two meager samples you had to "fix". I bow before you ;o) Flinch
..........Knock it off with yer crap. That`s how you reply? Never said I was always right. And I only replaced the trigger on one. No work done on the other. Can`t read a post uh?

But you are wrong in stating that every Ruger is a tomato stake.......Even though that is your opinion, it is nonetheless a very idiotic comment. And "that" is my opinion.

Go bow in front of a mirror.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You have owned two. I have PERSONALLY owned 12. I would say that is a lot more experience than what you have. I think I have more than given them a fare shake. I have worked on a bunch more. ALL were complete turds. Yes, they went boom, yes they fed, but were rougher than a cobb. They all scratched the heck out of my brass. I had two with WAY over sized chambers and case head separations were normal with FACTORY ammo. Fit and finished sucked with HORRIBLE triggers. Only two would shoot under 1.5" with any consistency, but they had so many other problems, I had to dump them. Two wouldn't break the 4" mark at 100 yards, with bedding, tweaking, you name it. One went back to Ruger and they rebarreled it. It now shoots exactly 4" at 100 yards. The owner I sold it to is "okay" with that, since he seldom shoots over that range. I doubt I was the unlucky one that got so many turds. I know SEVERAL guys in the club that have had the same experiences. Ruger makes a lot of lemons. Sure, they get some good stuff out once in a while (the two you have...maybe). Go try to find any smith worth his salt that will work on a Rugers over any other brand. I have never met one yet that has a good thing to say about them. Hmm...yup, tomato stakes. How many Tikkas and Sakos have you owned? That is like comparing a Moped to a Harley. You can have your moped ;o) Flinch

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You have owned two. I have PERSONALLY owned 12. I would say that is a lot more experience than what you have. I think I have more than given them a fare shake. I have worked on a bunch more. ALL were complete turds. Yes, they went boom, yes they fed, but were rougher than a cobb. They all scratched the heck out of my brass. I had two with WAY over sized chambers and case head separations were normal with FACTORY ammo. Fit and finished sucked with HORRIBLE triggers. Only two would shoot under 1.5" with any consistency, but they had so many other problems, I had to dump them. Two wouldn't break the 4" mark at 100 yards, with bedding, tweaking, you name it. One went back to Ruger and they rebarreled it. It now shoots exactly 4" at 100 yards. The owner I sold it to is "okay" with that, since he seldom shoots over that range. I doubt I was the unlucky one that got so many turds. I know SEVERAL guys in the club that have had the same experiences. Ruger makes a lot of lemons. Sure, they get some good stuff out once in a while (the two you have...maybe). Go try to find any smith worth his salt that will work on a Rugers over any other brand. I have never met one yet that has a good thing to say about them. Hmm...yup, tomato stakes. How many Tikkas and Sakos have you owned? That is like comparing a Moped to a Harley. You can have your moped ;o) Flinch
..................And in what years were these Rugers made???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
1986 to current. Makes no difference. A turd still stinks no matter what year it was born. Flinch

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
1986 to current. Makes no difference. A turd still stinks no matter what year it was born. Flinch
..........`86 to current uh? Well I be willing to wager, that most of your Ruger turds were made in the earlier years, when during those earlier years, Ruger outsourced their barrel making and quality control and bedding was somewhat less than desireable?

It seems to logical to me, that if you had so many issues with the earlier Rugers, then why did you continue buying them up to this current point? You did state 1986 to current? So why do you own any current Ruger rifles?

Just a curious thought!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cuz there are MUCH better rifles out there. I finally saw the light. My first couple of rifles were Rugers and I killed many arks full of elk and deer. Then I bought a couple of Sakos, Many Remingtons and even a Winchester or two. I won't EVER go back to a Ruger rifle, unless there was NO other brand out there...and I mean NO other brand. They are the bottom of the pile in my book. It was hard to part with the ones I cut my teeth on due to sentimental reasons, but I did. I kept hearing and reading all the hype that their barrels were outsourced, so kept thinking I might get one that wasn't. Nope, same [bleep] and a crap shoot if you got a good one. So now you are telling me that some were good and bad...you keep buying them and singing that same old song. Flinch

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Cuz there are MUCH better rifles out there. I finally saw the light. My first couple of rifles were Rugers and I killed many arks full of elk and deer. Then I bought a couple of Sakos, Many Remingtons and even a Winchester or two. I won't EVER go back to a Ruger rifle, unless there was NO other brand out there...and I mean NO other brand. They are the bottom of the pile in my book. It was hard to part with the ones I cut my teeth on due to sentimental reasons, but I did. I kept hearing and reading all the hype that their barrels were outsourced, so kept thinking I might get one that wasn't. Nope, same [bleep] and a crap shoot if you got a good one. So now you are telling me that some were good and bad...you keep buying them and singing that same old song. Flinch
............If I`m reading your post correctly then, you have never owned one that WASN`T OUTSOURCED, where Ruger did make the barrel? Or the only ones you owned, were the ones which were outsourced??

Oh sure! There WERE some bad Rugers. But since Ruger started making their own barrels and doing many refinements over the last few years, the bad Rugers from a percentage standpoint have gone way down.

In what year was your latest Ruger made?

Yeah, I will keep on buying them as the need arises because as far as I`m concerned with my two Rugers (1st bought in Mar `07 and the 2nd in Feb `08), mine are consistently and extremely accurate, both feed very well, and neither have any problems to report.

Curiously, were any of your later turd Rugers purchased on or after Mar `07 with serial #s showing manufacturing dates of late `06 to early `07?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At what point in my post did you miss "I sold them all"? How would I look up the serial numbers for guns I don't and won't own???? Are you really that dense? "Your imagination really is all you have"! Get out and shoot once in a while. You might even borrow a real rifle some time in your life and actually shoot it. Your ignorance is bliss. Keep it up. Some day you might actually get to shoot something outside of your dreams. Flinch

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
At what point in my post did you miss "I sold them all"? How would I look up the serial numbers for guns I don't and won't own???? Are you really that dense? "Your imagination really is all you have"! Get out and shoot once in a while. You might even borrow a real rifle some time in your life and actually shoot it. Your ignorance is bliss. Keep it up. Some day you might actually get to shoot something outside of your dreams. Flinch
............Flinchy.......First off, you can kiss my azz!!!!!

I asked you some perfectly legitimate questions, that apparently you won`t answer. Ya know why? Because you were called on the carpet.

You had all these Ruger rifles which you say were all "turds", and yet you can`t at the very least, even report when you approximately bought at least ONE or ANY of them??? So damn what if you sold them all! Do you have that bad of a memory problem? Now look at who the dense one is!!!

While you condemn all Rugers past and present, which btw is your choice to do so, it is very interesting that you can`t come up with any approximate dates of your Ruger purchases, whether you purchased them new or used. Having approximate dates for past purchases for new rifles, can help determine approximately when the dates of manufacture were.

If the approximate dates of manufacture for all your turd Rugers were "about" or before Ruger was still outsourcing barrels, then the percentage of turd Ruger rifles would be higher. That`s why I asked my queations.

But I guess you didn`t think of that. Instead, I get an "azz hole" and im-mature type response from you.

Again! Kiss my azz.

PS. Read your other post on the other thread. If at any time, you wish to participate in a shoot-off with me using my two "turd" Rugers as you call them, you just let me know. I`ll be willing to put up some big money. Free hand, for speed, for accuracy, prone, bench, gongs, paper punching; you name it there pal.

Don`t be a coward like (your buddy?),,,,,,Big Stick.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Big sneeze, you are such a little whiner and a blowhard. Where in my post did you fail to read when I bought them? Tell your momma to slow down when she reads the posts to you so you can comprehend what I write. I purchased them from 1980 to present. Are you really that stupid? So you are telling me that Rugers are a great rifle, but I have to cipher manufacture dates, serial numbers, where they were made and if Pedro was the one the assembly line that day, in order to hopefully get a good one? Then I need to replace triggers and polish them up to make them functional? That is like trying to roll "a" dice and come up with a 7, or is that too high for you to count????? I would rather buy ANY other brand and not have to roll the dice and hope for a rifle that isn't a turd. You keep playing with your [bleep] and run along little boy. Go pound your chest and stomp around. I wouldn't waste my time or bullets shooting with a prick like you. There are already FAR too many chest pounding, inexperience idiots at the range. Why would I subject myself to the torture of even being in your presents? That is the dumbest thing you have said yet...well, almost. You still amaze me with your shoe size IQ in every post. All you do is cut people down and challenge them to shoot offs. I am sorry you are so lonely and insecure. You remind me of the bully in my neighborhood growing up. I knocked him on his ass one day and the bully went away. (This is where you will come back with another childish challenge). Can you for ONCE in ANY post say something sensible without digging on someone? Is it even possible for you? Nobody likes you here. Go away! I know your daddy beat you as a child and your momma ignors you, but jeez, get a friggen life away from the potato chips and remote control whistledick. Flinch

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeeeezus, he's a twatbag whiner... You typed way more to reply to his dumbass than I would have! Maybe he will send you a ticket a fly you to cali to whoop yer lil ass!! smile

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Big sneeze, you are such a little whiner and a blowhard. Where in my post did you fail to read when I bought them? Tell your momma to slow down when she reads the posts to you so you can comprehend what I write. I purchased them from 1980 to present. Are you really that stupid? So you are telling me that Rugers are a great rifle, but I have to cipher manufacture dates, serial numbers, where they were made and if Pedro was the one the assembly line that day, in order to hopefully get a good one? Then I need to replace triggers and polish them up to make them functional? That is like trying to roll "a" dice and come up with a 7, or is that too high for you to count????? I would rather buy ANY other brand and not have to roll the dice and hope for a rifle that isn't a turd. You keep playing with your [bleep] and run along little boy. Go pound your chest and stomp around. I wouldn't waste my time or bullets shooting with a prick like you. There are already FAR too many chest pounding, inexperience idiots at the range. Why would I subject myself to the torture of even being in your presents? That is the dumbest thing you have said yet...well, almost. You still amaze me with your shoe size IQ in every post. All you do is cut people down and challenge them to shoot offs. I am sorry you are so lonely and insecure. You remind me of the bully in my neighborhood growing up. I knocked him on his ass one day and the bully went away. (This is where you will come back with another childish challenge). Can you for ONCE in ANY post say something sensible without digging on someone? Is it even possible for you? Nobody likes you here. Go away! I know your daddy beat you as a child and your momma ignors you, but jeez, get a friggen life away from the potato chips and remote control whistledick. Flinch
.....................A 1980 to present generalization does not narrow down the approx maunufacturing dates when Ruger had their problems. And, I never stated that Rugers were great rifles.

My momma died years ago and my late dad never beat me up. Nice little added comments and nice try there by someone who can`t answer a simple question or two? Ever heard of paragraph breaks? Guess not!

Don`t think it`s really all that stupid or out of context to ask when someone bought a rifle or two that happened to be turds in order to approximate a manufacturing date. Not trying to play around with crap or running around like a little boy either.

I`m so disappointed that you wouldn`t waste your time shooting with a prick like me. Amazing that when comments are called to account, challenges go unheeded by those whom originally made them. But that`s ok! I guess in person challenges and shoot-offs, would be way too evidencary and truthful in person.

In my "presents" you say? You gonna send me a present next Xmas? Correct spelling is,,,presence! But I digress!

Lonely and insecure? Well, not really. But nice try there too.

Bully in the neighborhood? Nope! Not me! In fact, just the opposite. Are you on strike three yet? No challenge there to you, but you`re welcome to try though.

"Can I for ONCE in ANY post say something sensible without digging on someone" you ask? Do all the time. You must be confusing me with Big Stick. And if you read this thread starting with our conversations, who was it who first started with the im-mature digs? It was you and not me!

Nobody likes me here? Not here to make friends, none of whom I`ll never meet nor see anyway. You might be suprised at how many PMs of support I do get when these little debates pop up. Not really worried there. But another good try though.

Don`t eat many potato chips (its bad for training), and my remote control gets little use. So all your little adds ons, were nothing more than a bunch of nice trys.

Lets not forget,,,"whistledick."..........Now that really hurts!...... laugh

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 721_tomahawk
Jeeeezus, he's a twatbag whiner... You typed way more to reply to his dumbass than I would have! Maybe he will send you a ticket a fly you to cali to whoop yer lil ass!! smile
..........I don`t recall any conversation with you on this thread.

But I guess that airlines tickets can always be arranged for those who wish to visit Caleeee-fornia. LOL!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
can you guys please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! start shortening your posts.... i'm losing intrest...

Thanks!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
can you guys please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! start shortening your posts.... i'm losing intrest...

Thanks!
................OK!............ laugh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,408
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.