Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
If you like a traditional wood blued gun for say a western or plains game hunt then this would be a good one. Browning BBR, 7mm Rem. Magnum topped with a quality scope to match the gun, Leupold Vari X III 3.5-10x40 AO, high gloss blue 24� barrel, beautifully figured walnut stock (might say a little burly), aluminum bedding, free floated, recessed crown, (seriously) smoothest bolt you will ever feel, 9 locking lugs with 60 degree lift similar to a Mark V Weatherby, removable clip, lightly used with some small dings in the wood finish, very good shooter and a beautiful gun.

Bought this new in the late 70s. Used it until sometime in the early 80s. I've shot it only a couple times since then, a solid and good looking gun.

Haven't done any load development with it as it always shot fine enough just picking any load out of the book. I will say less than 100 rounds through it. All of the dings are very shallow, mostly in the high gloss finish.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/tundragriz/For%20Sale/BBR/leftcenter.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/tundragriz/For%20Sale/BBR/leftfore.jpg[/img]

Group shot for this ad, nothing special about it, not a developed load, just some rounds I had. I know they are sierra 140s but don't know what the load is. This gun will beat 1 MOA with young eyes and a developed load.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/tundragriz/For%20Sale/BBR/R0010241.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/tundragriz/For%20Sale/BBR/BBRaccessories.jpg[/img]

$750 with dies and brass, $725 without, $30 shipping (addt $25 if shipped from ffl). 60 day layaway available with $400 down.

Stand up and be counted, join a shooting sports organization
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Is the butt pad original? The stock hasn't been shortened has it? Is the aluminum bedding factory, also the free floated barrel, is that factory?

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
100% original, also includes the flush mount sling swivels.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by rd51
Is the butt pad original? The stock hasn't been shortened has it? Is the aluminum bedding factory, also the free floated barrel, is that factory?

You bought this new from a dealer
....as is no modifications at all?
Or
Was this factory ordered and do you have the original paperwork and box to supply with this very nice rifle?

e-mail mikemtls.net

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Rifle is sold pending funds, thanks for the interest

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Just to add my two cents,these were some of the finest rifles Browning ever produced.The aluminum barrel channel,recoil pad and free float was standard issue on them.I currently own four ,all in different calibers and am always looking for more.Not sure what his scope is worth(not a Leupy fan),but a real bargain at that price.Get one in your hands and feel the velvet action and you'll know what I mean.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Would you be interested in trading for a nice M1 carbine by Inland w/sling and about 15 extra magazines? It is in the classified above your post (pics too).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin
------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,559 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,454
Posts18,471,089
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.