-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a great combination! Thanks for the pictures!

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Itty little picture taken by phone camera a couple days ago.

[Linked Image]

I went to the butcher and got a pound and a half tenderloin. I made the dough and stuck it in the refrigerator for a good 4 hours. I brought both to my rod and gun club. I put the oven on 400 degrees and rolled out the dough on a piece of tin foil. No problem at all. I drizzled the meat with olive oil and covered with garlic and parsley. Wrapped, it went in the oven for 30 minutes. When I got it out, everyone thought it was beef wellington. I cut the top of the dough and pulled out the little loin and sliced it thin. The ends were well done, but the center was very rare. We put in little dinner rolls and ate it up. I heard one person say it was salty. I thought it was fine. We all enjoyed it and I offered to repeat the process with a whole fish. That would be quite a show.

Keep up the good work.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did mine today, and I have to say the flavor was wonderful. I thought it a little bit salty, but that was mostly the end cut. I had a little trouble, mostly, I think with my oven. It took too long for the outside to get hard and crusty, hence the meat was a little overdone for my tastes, though my AkGrayling thought it was fine.

I used a piece of deer backstrap, so the piece of meat may have been a little too small. I do think this would be great, especially considering the blend of herbs, with port t-loin as well. And considering my overdone-ness of my effort.

I chose to accompany it with a wonderful garden salad.

But here are the pictures, nonetheless.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My Next Husband Will Be Normal- T. Shirt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks great, bonus points for presentation!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image] here she goes oven ready [Linked Image] and dinner for 3 was a big hit the herbs made the dish! ps it was like breaking into a bank to get thur the crust.... hey do u like my salt dam I made smile

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............. lookin' good!!!
Mine didn't get really hard, I thought I was going to smack it with a hammer, but it didn't turn out like that. I had to take it out too soon because the chunk of meat was so small.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
atvalaska and MissTreated both tenderloins look good!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh, thanks!! smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You are welcome smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It just dawned on me. I looked at that plate and thought, strawberries? My friend makes a salad out of spinach, strawberries, feta cheese and a light dressing. I had it once and thought it was pretty good. He says it's a huge hit at the pot lucks he's been to. That's something I never thought of to put in a salad.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's one of my favorite things to put in a garden salad. I use them a lot when they're in season, sparingly when they are not. I'll use a light vinegrette to dress the salad, or ranch. I like either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah spinach, strawberries, red onion (sparingly) and lightly glazed pecans or almond slices with a light vinaigrette... my mom made that regularly growing so obviously a person favorite.

Andrew
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have made the crust but it seems dry. It forms a ball but I wonder if it will roll out. Does this sound right.

Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My dough was sticky and pretty mush until I got it out of the refrigerator. I added water until I it was soft though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Rob

I bit the bullet and added about 1/4 cop of water untill it was maleable. I spread the dough onto tin foil, put the roast tenderloin in the middle and rolled the dough using the tin foil to lift it. worked real good.

Whahoo boys, I was a hero in my wife's eyes. That is some wonderful eating I dry rubbed greek spice and cajun spice, then put fresh tarragon, parsley and a little left over celantro. Mine was in for thirty minutes but almost 45 before eating so came out medium. Still very tender and the herbs penetrated right through the meat. Baby potatoes and kernal corn. I will try and get photos up tomorrow.

Sorry I am late, but have had a crazy month.

Randy

Lester Roloff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This was a really good catch. I over cooked the tenderloin but still very moist and fork tender. We have had three meals out of the roast so the enjoyment has lasted.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lester Roloff
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

307 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 17,099 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,878
Posts18,538,074
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
5 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.