Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I am enclosing a link to a you tube video titled "Making A Good Taliban"!
I have received COUNTLESS E-mails (at least 40 or 50!) with this video linked to.
The E-mails of late, have a lengthy letter "explaining" the video's format.
The latest version purports that the video is of a Canadian Sniper Team and the video is made through the snipers spotters telescope!
Further that the victims in this video are Taliban soldiers!
Further that the Sniper team consists of 5 members one of whom carries a sniper Rifle in 50 caliber and another who carries a 203mm grenade launcher - on and on the text goes and when one clicks the link it goes to the youtube 1 minute long video where five "Taliban" are killt.
I mean MY vision is fair at best and I had NO trouble identifying the "vitimized Taliban" as something other than human!
Have any of you received this E-mail video - I mean WHO makes up this stuff???
Good for a snicker if nothing else.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VbcMcaabd4

On second thought maybe they were soldiers and not Varmints in Idaho?
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's a hoax. That is varmint hunting, not Taliban hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Been around for years... rockchucks if I remember correctly.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Varmintguy, this story is true. The government tried to give these canadians medals for their work in Afg. but Canadian gov. would not let them accept.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KennyA
Varmintguy, this story is true. The government tried to give these canadians medals for their work in Afg. but Canadian gov. would not let them accept.

LOL... uh huh, and a guy bearing gifts in a red and white suit slides down the fireplace every December 25th too.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
MOGC: I think Kenny A was be facetious (joking, impish or frivolous) - and trying to enlarge upon the already so funny it is ridiculous video's alleged "reality"!
I mean I have had dozens of folks forward this very same video to me and none, not a ONE, has even made a comment as to how utterly off base the accompanying descriptions of the video are/were!
Yes, I know, that this video is in actuality several clips of western America's Rock Chuck Hunting - but my surprise is how many other folks APPARENTLY believe it is a video of military action.
Anyway in some perverse way this attempt at deception amuses me - if for no other reason than it demonstrates how many folks will believe things that are simply not possibly true.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
OK, if so, sorry about that Kenny I missed it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
VarmintGuy...this is the "Internet". That word is the definition of TRUTH i.e. if it's shown on the internet it must be TRUE. LOL. BTW - I leave milk and cookies out for that red suited guy on Christmas Eve...you never know - right? Regards, Homesteader.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I tried opening the link, and it had been removed by Youtube. If it's the same one that's been floating around for the last couple years, it's from one of Dave Affleck's Rocky Mountain Varmint Safari videos. Shooting rockchucks!!!!!
1D

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Homesteader: You make a point there!
It so often amazes me that HUMANS are/can be so gullible.
Not just in this instance but in everyday life - someone SAYS something and so many folks believe these things even when they are outrageous.
Its as if many folks are to naive, and go about life with the attitude "why would someone say something that is not true".
Well, the reality is, hoardes of people have countless reasons for espousing untruths - sometimes for amusement and sometimes for personal gain.
I used to live by the credo "trust but verify", NOW I am more like "VERIFY then trust".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
1_deuce: You are right the video has now been removed and this message was in its place:

This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy on shocking and disgusting content.
Sorry about that.

Yes indeed I have been getting this video now for at least two years.
I have not seen the Rocky Mountain Safari Video "Shooting Rock Chucks" but I would not be surprised if the source of the "Taliban" video was a commercial product.
Sorry you missed the link I sent - you could have probably solved the source of this hoax "Making A Good Taliban" video.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
VG,
It's still all over the web, just not youtube:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=050_1214356251
See if this isn't the same video that was on YT. If it is, it's one of Dave's videos.
1D

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, varmintfool is really on top of things. Taken directly from Varmint Safari II, this has been emailed for about 5yrs and it's on youtube at least a dozen places.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Serves the rodents right for joining the Taliban!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1234, 11point, 62 invisible), 2,425 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.