Print Thread
Hop To
J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Here is a few rare and unusual unfinished custom stocks made for the CZ 452 in 22LR. The pattern was custom made and was part of a special run of stocks a late gunsmith friend of mine milled several years ago. They were all milled from very nice wood.

They were designed to fit the Lux/Trainer configuration in the early German m98 sporter style and also fit the m452 "American" barreled actions. The stocks are about a 98% fit. Minor work needed for final fit and finish sanding.

The features were copied directly from the Early German m98 sporters. Small pancake cheek piece, round knob grip , sculpted action panels and small Schnabel forend.

The stock has a bit less drop than the hogs back factory CZ 452 Lux style stocks. LOP is 13.75"+ bare wood and with a pad plate installed and can off course be trimmed shorter

Here is what they look like on the rifle.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I have had several folks who asked about them during the last week or so. These are available on a first come first served basis. There are two fancy stocks at $175 each shipped and two standard grades at $145 each. The fancy stuff is as nice as anything you will see on most high grade Coopers or Kimbers. I would prefer PayPal on these to help keep payments and shipping straight.

All were labeled on the back of the on the butt as to the species and grade.All are very well laid our for grain flow and very sound. No knots or defects. Mike was meticulous about his wood, so they are labeled correctly. They have had a bit of Alcohol wiped on them to show the color when finished.

#1 is a fancy grade in Oregon Black walnut. Rainbow Color stripe and Curl in the butt and down most of the stock. A bit open pored, but light and strong.SOLD.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#2 is a Fancy grade in Missouri Black walnut. Nice cherry red color and crotch in most of the butt and some curl down the forend. VERY tight grained and dense layout is perfect.The pics don't do this one justice. $175 shipped.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/willbergerwood/015-3.jpg[/img]

#3 was milled from nice slab sawn Missouri Eastern Black Walnut. Lots of cherry red color and smoky streaks grains runs true down it's length. $145 shipped.

[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/willbergerwood/009-16.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/willbergerwood/011-11.jpg[/img]

Last edited by jim62; 04/07/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
"I WILL TAKE NO.1" PM Sent Craig

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Jim,

Very nice stuff. Can you dupilcate these when they are gone?

Brian

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Craig and Fish, PM sent.

As to duplicating any more,these three stocks are all I have.

I have no idea what happened to the pattern.

Last edited by jim62; 04/07/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Stock no 1 scold to Coyotewacker.

Nos 2 & 3 still for sale.

To all gunmaker critics-
IC B2

P
P
I am interested in a stock but dont have paypal.......how else could I pay?

J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
P,

PM sent.

To all gunmaker critics-
P
P
I was interested in the number 2......where are you located?.Ken

P
P
Will these stocks fit a 452 action out of a Lux stock? Do they come with a butt plate?

J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by pencilken
I was interested in the number 2......where are you located?.Ken

Ken,

Let's continue this via PMs.. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jim,

I will take number 3. Sending P.M.

Thanks Brian

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool !!

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until your sights are on the target".

J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
FB,

PM sent..

To all gunmaker critics-
P
P
Jim...do you still have number 2? Let me know at kenno2pencilaol.com. I dont have paypal. If you email me your phone number I will call you.....Thanks. Ken

K
K
Jim, IF you have a stock left, I will take it Paypal or MO OK?
Let meknow, THANKS,
John Adams vdc160yahoo.com

J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by pencilken
Jim...do you still have number 2? Let me know at [email protected]. I dont have paypal. If you email me your phone number I will call you.....Thanks. Ken

pencilken, No 2 is long gone.

Last edited by jim62; 04/13/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Kitter
Jim, IF you have a stock left, I will take it Paypal or MO OK?
Let meknow, THANKS,
John Adams [email protected]

I will send you an email.

Thanks.

To all gunmaker critics-
K
K
Jim
Paypal sent for #3
Thanks , John

J
jim62 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
K,

I thought I sent you an email confirming that yesterday.

Well, I will send another.

Thanks for the update. wink

To all gunmaker critics-

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

62 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 907brass, 11 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 758 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.