Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
The last elimination , last show is always the best.
More about shooting and less drama.

I can't believe the old Gunny got hung up on the 10/22
But that's what makes a winner and second place

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Good to see a good ol' boy win. Surprising as hell that the one guy I couldn't stand from the beginning handed his advantage over to Chris. I guess what's in front of the camera isn't necessarily what the person is made of. Damn fine shooting all the way around.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Great show, this last episode was the best of the season IMHO.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootinurse
Good to see a good ol' boy win. Surprising as hell that the one guy I couldn't stand from the beginning handed his advantage over to Chris. I guess what's in front of the camera isn't necessarily what the person is made of. Damn fine shooting all the way around.

That was my reaction too. When George said he wasn't going to win, and he could have, by being chicken s**t my estimation of him did a 180.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep...pretty interesting and sporting twist by George, I must say...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Originally Posted by shootinurse

That was my reaction too. When George said he wasn't going to win, and he could have, by being chicken s**t my estimation of him did a 180.

BCR
Mine didn't. Wtf was that all about? If it was all as it seemed on the surface, great. He did a guy a good turn. It still messes up the competition though, because it affected the outcome. One will always wonder whether Chris was truly the top shot. In essence, George tainted the victory. There would have been no dishonor in George making those two shots.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think George just choked and missed. All that other BS stuff was just a way for George to try make himself look noble in his loss.

I'm better when I move.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They need to lose the moderator whoever he is. The guy is a real clown. However, the last show without the drama was good.

Deadliest Catch was good also. Jason and his weed smoking just ended any chance of him ever driving the boat again. Idiot!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I also did not like George.He kind of gave it away when he said it would be a bitch if he won and spent the money on guns,while the other guy really needed it.He did`nt choke.Thats what friends are all about!!!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlaRick
I think George just choked and missed. All that other BS stuff was just a way for George to try make himself look noble in his loss.

the first shot he didnt miss, he just didnt shoot the target......second shot i think was a [bleep] up though.....in the wrap up he said he had accomplished what he wanted and went to the end with the shooters he wanted to be against.....he said he was just gonna blow the money on guns anyway and Chris intended to use it for his kids college and family stuff so he was fine with bringing Chris back into the game.....

first shot was an intentional miss, no clue on the Sharps shot though....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
George's goal all along was to manipulate the outcome rather than letting it be determined by the results of each event. I quit watching when it became apparent that others were buying into his plan to make sure that the "best" stayed instead of those who earned the spot through their performance.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I can't seem to find a link online to the last episode.... Sounds like it might be interesting to at least see what everyone is talking about....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by FlaRick

I agree.
He might have made the large target choice to tie things up.
But then he choked and missed. period.
It was for $100K
Don't listen to the nobel BS, he did his best and it wasn't good enough.
George was behind at least a third of the drama all season.
And it bit him in the azz.

Good .
And congrats to Chris for being a steady shot through-out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yep...pretty interesting and sporting twist by George, I must say...

Yes,

You could see it in his eyes when he was talking about the other guys needing the money for their families�. And he was just going to buy guns.

I finally understood after he pulled the shot.

He is a GOOD man

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Top Shot, no thanks.

Maybe I'm just becoming a lot more curmudgeonly but I don't have time for "scripted drama". I love to shoot but i won't watch this program just like I love to cook but I won't watch programs like "Chopped." Scripted fake drama is all they are. I understand it's all about ratings and they need this kind of stuff to make it interesting but that is not why I watch "reality" shows. I watch cooking shows to learn new ways to cook food, I would watch shooting shows to watch pros at work. I will not watch badly scripted ones pretending to be reality programs but which are actually filled with petty bickering and girly man attitudes. Hence the reason I never watch Survivor.

Just one man's opinion.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've lost interest in all these types of programs where they stretch five minutes of substance into a thirty minute show.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
C
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
You have to admit
a shooting show ( with out the BS drama )
would , could be good.
Why do I watch it?
There ain't nothin else better on.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is kind of a world series of unethical competition. The drama crap is just the dresssing on cheap maneuvers and betrayals. If I had young kids around I wouldn't let them watch it. Unless that is, they want to become lawyers or politicians.

Unfortunately, my wife loves, it but then she also watches the shreaking bitches progams too

All same same.

1B

Last edited by 1B; 04/27/11.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Competition should be pure competition with the best shooter winning. If George felt sorry for Chris and won he could give or share the money with him after the filming; I suspect we saw some scripted false drama.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm thinking Top Shot didn't want George to win - the guy was a huge dick from day one (albeit, a kickass shooter).

I don't know whether he screwed the pooch on the Sharps shot or not - it makes a much better storyline for the show going the route it did instead of a dickhead wiping out the "nice" guy everyone ended up rooting for.

I have a feeling George is going to get his money one way or another.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1minute, 1badf350, 2500HD, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 62 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,179
Posts18,503,250
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.