Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Just traded for a prestine Savage Model 840. Gun has a Weaver mount and an old Weaver scope. Decided that I was going to install a different scope to work up loads with and ran into a slight problem. Noticed that mount is not directly centered above bore. Appears to be slightly over the right side of the bore which causes the bolt handle to barely slide by the eye piece of the scope. Would like to have more clearance and noticed that B-Square makes a model of mount for this rifle and was curious if it centered the scope up more in line with the bore? Or if there is any other model of mount that may work?

Thanks
Heavy Barrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The B-Square side-mount is the way to go when mounting a scope on the Savage 340 family of rifles. Don't forget when you're reloading for a 340 that it is a 1-lug design and not the strongest action ever built.

JEff

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Anybody got any good load suggestions for this rifle? Interested in using the 125gr. Ballistic Tip. Thought this might make a great whitetail rifle/load combo for my wife and step daughter.

Thanks
HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
If your mount is a Weaver , there are two different top pieces . I don't remember which is which , but one of the tops moves the rings & Scope , Right of center on one model or the other . Those Rifles were also built with a Springfield model !

Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
oneoldsap, would you have any idea where I could get the top pieces? I have looked on Midway, and will look on Brownells when I get a chance.

Thanks
HeavyBarrel

G. Washington
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Regarding a load, I am afraid that the magazine length will cause a 125 BT to be seated very deep. I once set up a Remington 788 as a youth rifle with 125 BTs and they were unacceptably deep for me. I wound up loading a 150 RN instead.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I've gotten them from my local Gun Shop as they aren't in the Brownells catalog !If you have an older shop in your area they might have some in their back stock !

Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,011
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.