Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
OP Offline
T
The Sako A7 Tecomate is without question the best factory rifle on the market. It is essentially a custom gun at production prices. The rifle is accurate, well-balanced, good looking, and loaded with custom features, including an awesome trigger and safety assembly, a full-length aluminum bedding system, one of the best designed and most functional stocks on the market, the recoil-taming Pachmayr Decelerator(r) Recoil Pad, and a custom-grade fluted barrel. No wonder it is guaranteed to shoot 1-inch or less 3-shot groups! When paired with the low profile Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm scope mounted on low Leupold Weaver-type rings, you have a fast-pointing combination with solid cheek-to-stock weld that makes the rifle a virtual extension of the shooter. Chambered for the powerful, flat-shooting .270 WSM and .300 WSM, the Sako A7 Tecomate lives up to it claim as the "Ultimate Whitetail Rifle" and is, in fact, the ideal rifle for anything in North America and African plains game. You can check out www.tecomate.com for more info or questions on the rifle.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does it come with a bag of corn?

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I certainly applaud David Morris for choosing Sako. I can also applaud Sako for making what is truly a custom rifle at a production price. I love my Sako 85 Finnlight in 300 WSM.

It is the last hunting rifle I will buy. If I could ever get it back from McMillan I aim to become quite proficient with it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by trophydeer
The Sako A7 Tecomate is without question the best factory rifle on the market. It is essentially a custom gun at production prices. The rifle is accurate, well-balanced, good looking, and loaded with custom features, including an awesome trigger and safety assembly, a full-length aluminum bedding system, one of the best designed and most functional stocks on the market, the recoil-taming Pachmayr Decelerator(r) Recoil Pad, and a custom-grade fluted barrel. No wonder it is guaranteed to shoot 1-inch or less 3-shot groups! When paired with the low profile Leupold VX-3L 4.5-14x50mm scope mounted on low Leupold Weaver-type rings, you have a fast-pointing combination with solid cheek-to-stock weld that makes the rifle a virtual extension of the shooter. Chambered for the powerful, flat-shooting .270 WSM and .300 WSM, the Sako A7 Tecomate lives up to it claim as the "Ultimate Whitetail Rifle" and is, in fact, the ideal rifle for anything in North America and African plains game. You can check out www.tecomate.com for more info or questions on the rifle.

Thank you SOOOOO very much for this unsolicited ad.
And "without question the best factory rifle on the market", says, David Morris eerrrrrrr?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Don't quit your day job at Beretta

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Don't quit your day job at Beretta

laugh laugh

"We hired a new social media person and one our strategies is to start hitting the hunting/shooting/outdoor sites telling people how great we are"......

That ain't a strategy, it's called brand suicide. wink

OTOH, it may be just a troll looking for some attention.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Especially when done this way!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Yeah, I think the help at Baretta might be as stupid as the ones at Remington

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
The Sako A7 Tecomate is without question the best factory rifle on the market.

Huh? sick

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone want to buy my A7......?

Seeing a lot of these lately...

B8

MK
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

I don't know, those guys are pretty darn dense. Did you see how they about ran Marlin into the ground after Cerbus bought them?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
270WSM is a good caliber if you think magnums are your thing. The stock isn't bad, but does it have any checkering to aid grip? How about the hard as heck cock on open bolt like the other A7's? It's a great marketing tool for Sako and David Morris's Bucks of Tecomate. I've got a couple of Tikka's and Brownings that shoot as good, fit and finsish excellent, and pretty darn sure I didn't pay the extra to cover all the marketing hype.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 444Matt
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

I don't know, those guys are pretty darn dense. Did you see how they about ran Marlin into the ground after Cerbus bought them?

Yeah, I look at a Remlin guide gun several months ago that was awful.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane

Thank you SOOOOO very much for this unsolicited ad.
And "without question the best factory rifle on the market", says, David Morris eerrrrrrr?

I dont know who is pimping the rifle here on 24HC but David Morris is a GOOD dude! I shared a camp with him this past season and he had the rifle in question. I personally liked it. I dont know if its any better that what I already have but it was sure a nice rifle.

I understand that these types of advertiesments get old but I doubt very seriously that David is the one on here pimping them. He has a much larger audience to sell to on TV.

Here is is 178" CO buck from this past season. He made a hell of a shot on this buck...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SKane
OTOH, it may be just a troll looking for some attention.

I remember speaking with Ed Weatherby on this site just prior to his adopting Weatherby Nation for his interests. He was "lurking" in the late evening asking questions and advice. He also visited the Nosler forum.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by huntsonora
.....David Morris is a GOOD dude! I shared a camp with him this past season and he had the rifle in question. I personally liked it. I dont know if its any better that what I already have but it was sure a nice rifle.

Was it chambered in 270 or 300 WSM ?

Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 7mm08fan
How about the hard as heck cock on open bolt like the other A7's?

My 85 bolt lifts like butter and feels like a precision mechanism.

Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i don't about the rifle,david morris is farmer,not a hunter.callem by name before you shootem,him and foxworthy make a hell of a pair when it comes to sellin farm feed.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I like Sako rifles...a lot. Until very recently I had an A7 that absolutely performed in every sense of the word last year in the wilds of Idaho.

Having said that, Sako took a page out of Remington's book when they made the first generation A7...

(A) Almost twice as expensive and relabeled it "Tecomate" (think "Alaskan" Ti).

(B) heavier (like the "Alaskan Ti as opposed to 1st generation Ti).

(C) added unnecessary flutes (Again...think "Alaskan" Ti).

With all this new "marketing", I can see why they needed to double the price.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Tecomate....
an old indian phrase that means...
"shoot em with thier head in the bucket"...LOL!!!!!

David Morris and jeff foxworthy...what a couple of dick weeds......(roll eyes)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,076
Posts18,482,691
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.