24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
has anyone seen a custom stock for the marauder?

GB1

OP Offline
http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/zoomed_model.pl?model_id=1774
HERE IS THE MARAUDER FOR THIS IS THE SILENT ONE

Last edited by bartohob; 04/07/10.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yep,

There are few guys who make them,and many of them are simply weird loking and poorly desgins, but overall these folks make the best,IMHO.

http://www.qualitygunstocks.com/

I own several of them for both my Marauder and my Discos.

And they are adding styles all the time.A drop in ready to finish DIY runs about $169 on up.

Their stocks got a great review on Paul Capello's "American Airgunner show" on the Sportsman's channle.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
OP Offline
YOU ARE RIGHT THIS IS A LITTLE WIERD LOOKING I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOMETHING LIKE A BELL & CARLSON BUT IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME FOR EVERY AFTER MARKET STOCK MAKER TO GET THE PATTERN DOWN. THANX FOR THE REPLY.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Bart..

There is NOTHING "weird" about this design QGS makes for the MDR-

http://www.qualitygunstocks.com/sablle-rollover.html

I have that one on my rifle and it rocks. Feels like a centerfire stock.

Airguns like the Marauder require HIGH combed to be built properly for a good check weld. You simnply CANNOT "shoe horn" a large framed PCP airgun rifle into a stock desgined for a ruger 10/22 or any nother gun that gets the scope MUCH lower over the topline of the stock than the Marauder.

The guys at QGS build classically styled stocks for the Marauders but many folks want the higher combed stocks for proper support. A straight combed American classic is nearly impossible to build fro such a rifle and have it work well in terms of cheek support.

Stockmakers are not magicians they cannot make a PCP rifle look like a m70 Winchester merely with a different stock design.

You will be wainting a LONG time for any firearms stock making firms to built stock for many air rifles.. Unless the Airgun factories themselves commision or build them, none of the big makers will touch them with a ten foot pole.

The volume for anyone model of Air rifle is simply too low for them to recoup the costs of the patterns ,molds etc. etc. There are TWICE as many Ruger 10/22 rifles ALONE shipped than ALL of the PCP ariguns mdoels made in the US in a year from ALL makers..

It is simple economics.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

OP Offline
this one is not bad at all . i was looking at the other one that has the open hole in the stock thats the one i reffered to. as for the bell & carlson stock i was just dreaming i know its a fantasy. been fooling with springers and pumps for a couple years and this is my first pcp and i really like it. i have a Weihrauch 22 springer that i really like also but it holds no candle to the mdr. my friend and i both bought two of these. we went rabbit hunting on some private land the other night and had a ball. looking forward to the next one planned next week. shooting a JSB Match Diabolo Exact Jumbo Monster .22 Cal, 25.4 Grains, Domed these work really good. we opened the needle valve and adjusted the spring for these. getting about 25 shots before pressure drops to around 2000lbs. i like the stock in the pic you sent its nice. it dont look so ruger 22 ish. ok gonna go hit the hay big day at work tmmrow. thanx bret

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
B,

I am glad you like your MDR, they are a great gun..
The "monster" pellets sound neat.

Mine seems to like the 18g JSBs the best run at full power. It shoots 5 shots into under .75 at 50 yards with those pellets.

Last edited by jim62; 04/13/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
OP Offline
i will try some of those when the monsters run out i already bought some. just dont feel like twisting on the scope for re adj. gotta go to work see yall

M
M
mad
IMHO:
As for "quality"gunstocks --- your cash will fly at 950 fps. Do NOT expect to "hit" anything with that cash.

This is definitely one of those deals where you want to COD, deposit only 10%, or just plain find someone else who can actually do an honest business.

... from experience

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

393 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 1,998 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,863
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.