Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
So when Smith and Wesson says their trigger locks never malfunction, firearm owners who remove them are just paranoid and gullible? People who claim their trigger locks have locked up their firearm, just had poorly maintained firearms becasue after all, S&W says there is no problem?

Based on my personal experience, I agree with S&W.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
GB1

Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by Barkoff
So when Smith and Wesson says their trigger locks never malfunction, firearm owners who remove them are just paranoid and gullible? People who claim their trigger locks have locked up their firearm, just had poorly maintained firearms becasue after all, S&W says there is no problem?

Based on my personal experience, I agree with S&W.

Wow, so what would you say to all Campfire members who have reported trigger lock ups, or those who have removed the locks?

I don't own any revolvers with a lock, but if I did, I would remove it for the same reason I am considering replacing my 700's trigger. Can't say with any degree of certainty whether or not it is truth or myth.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Who cares? They still outshoot everybody else.

I think Savage may have something to say about that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FWIW, Mike Walker doesn't even try to defend his trigger.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Horse hockey!

I sure wouldn't want to be Remington's defense counsel with that as expert testimony...... frown

This is the problem they have.....what is an "expert" gonna say? I don't see any posting here...so far.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Who cares? They still outshoot everybody else.

They used to in the 60's grin They have to catchup with Tikka and Sako nowadays and they are far behind the curve.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by 257heaven
[quote=Patrick_James] And the few times when the trigger was allegedly not pulled, the rifle was still pointed somewhere where it shouldn't have been pointed.

Not necessarily so. Rifle goes off and the rifle is not pointed at anything unsafe in you immediate area. A possible 2 or 3mi out, combined with a wrong place at the wrong time situation and something bad just happened.

Correct....Remington is not exculpated where you have bad gun handling and a defective design,both of which may have contributed to the injury.....there is the comparative or contributory negligence issue at work....and/or statutes that may govern under product liability theories.

Last edited by BobinNH; 05/31/11.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Unbelievable some of these responses that are pro "Walker Trigger"...why is it that they completely redesigned their trigger then?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because the customer asked for a better trigger pull. I wish they'd kept the Walker trigger.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
oldelkhunter:Simple...

Because gun owners get emotional about their firearms, have a hard time admitting that some things don't work particularly well,especially when it comes to their "pet",and will spare no effort in defending it in the face of sometimes overwhelming evidence.

They also want to believe that factories and manufacturers will not sell them something faulty.....we should know better by now....

It is pretty common knowledge that some manufacturers will continuously do a "cost/benefit" analysis, and weigh the risk of continuing to sell less reliable (faulty?) product(and the profit derived therefrom)againt the infrequent exposure to liability they might incur,ie, in the long run, it is "cheaper" to continue to a hawk an 80% reliable item(and risk the exposure), than to spend the money to make it a 98% reliable item.

I'm not implying this is true of Remington,but the existence of this rationale is too well established to deny it exists with manufactured items.....

This leads to the inalterable conclusion that, generally, you get what you may for....a fundamental rule of economics, that is irrefutable.

Rant over.... grin

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by moosemike
FWIW, Mike Walker doesn't even try to defend his trigger.

He also may be taking the road with fewer potholes. wink

Only he knows.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's getting paid to do the interview. He'll say whatever they pay him to say.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Patrick_James
I care and I own 7 Remington 700's. I would never point it in a un-safe direction,but could have a lot of explaining to do if nobody knew about Remington triggers.

That's what it really comes down to. Anybody that's ever been shot by a weapon had a weapon pointed at them, whether purposefully or not. Most of those times, the trigger was pulled, whether purposefully or not. And the few times when the trigger was allegedly not pulled, the rifle was still pointed somewhere where it shouldn't have been pointed.

Not necessarily so. Rifle goes off and the rifle is not pointed at anything unsafe in you immediate area. A possible 2 or 3mi out, combined with a wrong place at the wrong time situation and something bad just happened.

Sounds okay, but how many deaths by supposedly faulty remington triggers happened 2 or 3 miles away from the rifle?

Last edited by 257heaven; 05/31/11.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He's getting paid to do the interview. He'll say whatever they pay him to say.

How do you know he was paid, or are you guessing again?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Patrick_James
I care and I own 7 Remington 700's. I would never point it in a un-safe direction,but could have a lot of explaining to do if nobody knew about Remington triggers.

That's what it really comes down to. Anybody that's ever been shot by a weapon had a weapon pointed at them, whether purposefully or not. Most of those times, the trigger was pulled, whether purposefully or not. And the few times when the trigger was allegedly not pulled, the rifle was still pointed somewhere where it shouldn't have been pointed.

Sounds okay, but how many deaths by supposedly faulty remington triggers happened 2 or 3 miles away from the rifle?

Probably none, but that wasn't the point.

Addition: Read Bob's reply. He said it better than I.

Last edited by battue; 05/31/11.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Unbelievable some of these responses that are pro "Walker Trigger"...why is it that they completely redesigned their trigger then?

The same reason Toyota recalled cars for "sticky" gas pedals. Nothing is idiot proof and when you have deep pockets, unscrupulous types line up to get in them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Barkoff Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

The same reason Toyota recalled cars for "sticky" gas pedals. Nothing is idiot proof and when you have deep pockets, unscrupulous types line up to get in them.

Hmm, I guess Winchester shooters are just smarter, none of them seem to have a problem keeping their fingers off the trigger.. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I read an article by a very well known writer about the Model 700s in which he stated he'd never had an AD with a 700, but all his ADs were with other brands.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Who, when and where?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plaintiff attorney I'm not. Defense attorney I'm not. Trial expert I'm not. But I've seen what plaintiff attorneys do to make money and I've seen what trial experts will say for money.

Unfortunately in situations that cause a death, the guy/gal that was holding the rifle is the only one that knows what happened. Typically there were no witnesses that were constantly keeping an eye on whoever is holding the rifle that AD'd and killed somebody. So what's the easier way out? Lying and saying that the gun went off by itself? Or fessing up to having the business end of your barrel pointed somewhere that it wasn't supposed to be and at the same time having your finger on the trigger while the rifle was ready to fire?

I don't believe that factory Remington Model 700's that have not been monkeyed with just fire all by themselves. It's maybe an accident caused by plain human stupidity and/or carelessness. But guns don't kill people.

ETA: Put me on that jury, please!

Last edited by 257heaven; 05/31/11.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

412 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 17CalFan, 54 invisible), 1,871 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,089
Posts18,521,999
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.