-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You make it sound like Palin is the Republican Party. If you can't like her, you need a new Party- far from it.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Mainstream Media and libtards have plenty of time (and incentive) to chase after every gaff from a private citizen yet the blinders don't allow the viewing of the "Gaff-O-Rama" that is the Regime....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You make it sound like Palin is the Republican Party.

Trot out all you got that has common sense and is conservative. We are all looking and waiting for one to vote for. Pickings are slim. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Thats it now. I see the light. I'm going to drop voting for any republicans and go back to the good ol democrap party instead.

Thank God Palins mistakes made me see the light......

Carry on.....

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It'd be high-larious if the media scrutinized Barry the same way they examine Palin's every word.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WE scrutinize every word that comes from Obama, just as we should scrutinize every word from Palin.

She's a politician, and it is our duty to do as much, it doesn't matter which side she is on.

Watch the clip of her speaking. and tell me this is a person you want, let alone envision, as the President of the United States.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
WE scrutinize every word that comes from Obama, just as we should scrutinize every word from Palin.

She's a politician, and it is our duty to do as much, it doesn't matter which side she is on.

Watch the clip of her speaking. and tell me this is a person you want, let alone envision, as the President of the United States.

Suppose she should use a teleprompter?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
You make it sound like Palin is the Republican Party.

Trot out all you got that has common sense and is conservative. We are all looking and waiting for one to vote for. Pickings are slim. miles

I would agree she is a conservative but I question how much common sense she has.

What is that based on? Don't equate the fact that she shares some values or hobbies or experiences with people like us as meaning she has common sense. Familiarity is not common sense. I have seen her on multiple occasions in interviews say some things that make me seriously question her common sense.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

And she's still head and shoulders above Barry.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"We" meaning Republicans, Libertarians, Independents, and those able to think for themselves..... I wholeheartedly agree.

I'm just making a rather valid and obvious observation that when it comes to the mainstream media (CNN, MSNBC, etc.) Democrats, liberals, etc., They themselves should be intellectually honest and apply the same standard to Barack Hussein Obama and call a spade a spade.

"We've" shown literally dozens of cases of Obama bumbling and fumbling through idiotic and outright absurd statements (not to mention outright lies). He is every bit as clueless as Palin is, and HE's the President of the United State of America. Last time I checked Palin is not (nor running for office).

We have to hold Obama to a higher standard IMHO.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
It'd be high-larious if the media scrutinized Barry the same way they examine Palin's every word.

Thanks to the libby's and the media, they are rolling in the bucks. I hope she does an episode of the rich and famous soon. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And she's still head and shoulders above Barry.

I could make this same argument about roughly 50 million people in the general population- it proves nothing. Sorry man, I'm seriously not trying to pick a fight. I've used this same argument myself, and it doesn't mean anything any more. Saying we like someone who is better than Obama is like betting on me to beat someone in the special Olympics in a foot race. It doesn't prove anything because I still suck at running.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Thanks to the libby's and the media, they are rolling in the bucks. I hope she does an episode of the rich and famous soon. grin

I just don't understand how anyone as stupid as the libs claim Sarah to be can bring in an income of more than twelve million dollars in two years. just think of what she could do if she had any intelligence or common sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speaks more of the people giving her that money, than it does of her.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by djs
I know the Washington Post is not revered here, but it runs a column named "The Fact Checker" and blasts both Liberals and Consercitives alike. Here is a column from today's Post re Palin:

see: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...r-bus-tour/2011/06/02/AGkNAbHH_blog.html

Glad you brought this to our attention�shows how lame the LSM really is�

Washington POST:
We�ll go through the key statements in the order in which she said them, which allows us to begin and end with some absolute whoppers.

�We don�t have the $2 billion [to give to Egypt]. Where are we going to get it? From China? We are going to borrow from foreign countries to give to foreign countries. � We want to know where those dollars are going because we don�t have the money to be providing foreign countries, not in this day and age when we are going broke.�

Palin managed to get almost everything wrong in this comment. She clearly was not listening too closely to President Obama�s speech on the Middle East, because otherwise she would have realized that he was not talking about spending more taxpayer dollars.

Obama proposed to forgive up to $1 billion of Egypt�s $3.6 billion debt (money that was spent buying American farm products).

Lets see if I got that right now�
We are borrowing money to loan and writing off that money loaned to buy our stuff instead of just giving the stuff free in the first place?
I�m getting a headache�

The forgiveness, which would take several years, would take the form of a �debt swap,� in which the money saved will be invested in designated programs in Egypt.
The other $1 billion would consist of loan guarantees by the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), which are structured at no cost to the U.S. taxpayer. So none of this would involve new debt issued by the Treasury.

The money saved stays in Egypt?

Palin appears to assume that the United States simply hands out dollars with little idea about what happens to the money. This is a common misconception. Actually, there are often strings attached.
Under the terms of the 1978 Camp David peace accords between Egypt and Israel, the United States gives about $2 billion in direct aid to Egypt every year, making it one of the largest foreign-aid recipients. But most of this aid � about $1.3 billion a year � is financing to buy U.S. military hardware and services.

Didn�t Palin say $2 billion in the first Place?
Sure glad that it has strings attached!
And we are back to that thingy about loaning money to buy from us again.
I�m got a headache�

Palin is also wrong to assume that every dollar of foreign aid would be borrowed. The budget deficit is high, but the U.S. government still takes in substantial revenues. According to the latest Congressional Budget Office forecast, about 40 percent of the federal budget is financed through new debt � and that percentage is projected to drop significantly as the economy improves.

As the economy improves????

Finally, while China is the largest foreign holder of U.S. debt, foreign countries actually hold only about 28 percent of the $14 trillion debt. The latest Treasury bulletin shows that the biggest holder is the U.S. government itself (i.e., Social Security and Medicare), while U.S. pension funds, mutual funds, insurance companies and state and local governments hold almost as much as foreign investors.

28% of $14 trillion is about $3.9 trillion�Nooo problem�
And the rest of the debt in all here at home�Nooo problem�

�If you have more recipients than you have payers into the [Social Security] system, it is like a Ponzi scheme that�s going to be upside down in no time at all. We are going to be underwater with Social Security.�

Palin correctly identifies a potential problem for Social Security � that as the Baby Boom generation retires, there will be fewer workers paying into the system. But she overstates the case by calling it a �Ponzi scheme,� in which money from new investors is used to pay off old investors.

Sure sounds like a Ponzi to me:
Ponzi scheme; pyramid investment swindle: a pyramid investment swindle in which supposed profits are paid to early investors from money actually invested by later participants�

�Look at the debt that has been accumulated over the past two years. It is more debt under this president than all those other presidents combined.�

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is sometimes described as a possible Sarah Palin rival in the presidential sweepstakes. In this case, Palin is virtually repeating a claim for which Bachmann had previously earned Pinocchios.
As we noted then, the numbers simply do not add up.
To keep it simple, we will look at the historical tables on the White House Web site, which lists the debt totals by fiscal year.
The national debt (including bonds held by U.S. government agencies) stood at just under $10 trillion a few months before Obama took office. The United States recently reached the debt ceiling of $14.3 trillion, more than two years after Obama took office. Last time we checked, $4 trillion is much less than $10 trillion.

They got Sarah there, she should have pro-rated the debt per year�Obama holds that $2 trillion per year record for sure�Bad Sarah!..Todd needs to give her a spanking!

�[Obama passed] a trillion dollars in stimulus package projects that still have resulted in record-setting unemployment, a heartbreaking number of home foreclosures, crashed markets left and right.�

Obama�s stimulus plan was actually $800 billion, not $1 trillion. The bill also included more than $200 billion in immediate tax breaks, so it is incorrect to suggest it was all spending projects.
We�re not sure one can make a direct link between the stimulus bill and home foreclosures and �crashed markets left and right,� whatever that means. But �record-setting unemployment�?
Perhaps Palin is referring to raw numbers, but given population growth, that�s a silly way to look at it. The most relevant figure is the percentage of workers who are unemployed.
During the Great Depression, the unemployment rate reached 23.6 percent in 1932. In the modern era, the rate topped 9.7 percent in 1982, when Ronald Reagan was president. It reached 9.6 percent in 2010, which is certainly pretty close, but it�s not a record.

Got her again, Sarah should have said �since the Depression��Todd, looks like more spankings are in order�

�[Look at] the impacts of that [drilling permit] moratorium [in the Gulf of Mexico], where 97 percent of our offshore has been locked up. What we are looking at now is 150,000 barrels less per day next year, and 200,000 barrels per day less being able to be developed from the Gulf the year after. �We are going to be looking at $8 billion a day that we are going to be pouring into foreign countries in order to import that make-up fuel that we are going to need to take place of what we could have gotten out of the Gulf.�

When Palin started talking about oil � and the �drill baby drill� decal over the gas tank of her bus � she became very emphatic, slicing the air and hitting the table with one of her hands. But once again her facts were wrong.
We�re not sure where she comes up with the notion that 97 percent of the offshore area has been �locked up,� though this is a phrase she has used before. In any case, the relevant figure would seem to be the percentage of technically recoverable oil that was affected by the drilling permit moratorium, imposed by the Obama administration after the Deepwater Horizon explosion. The independent Energy Information Agency (EIA) pegs the number at 20 percent (18 billion barrels), with 4 billion barrels in the Gulf of Mexico.
Palin�s figures on the production decline are not far off, but the EIA last month cited the moratorium as a secondary factor in the decline: �EIA expects production from the Federal Gulf of Mexico (GOM) to fall by 130,000 bbl/d in 2011 and by a further 190,000 bbl/d in 2012 because of production declines from existing fields and the impact of last year's drilling moratorium and the subsequent delay in issuing new drilling permits.�
In fact, the Interior Department this week issued its 15th drilling license for the deepwater region of the Gulf of Mexico, so that 2012 figure may well improve.

Maybe Palin�s figures �are not far off� because they came from the Department of the Interior�

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
The Gulf of Mexico provides 97 percent of Federal OCS production. The Gulf of Mexico has nearly 7,000 active leases (see Figure 1), 64 percent of which are in deepwater. The Pacific OCS has 49 active leases off the coast of Southern California, 43 of which are producing. There have been no Pacific OCS lease sales since 1984. Alaska has 675 active leases and production from a single joint State-Federal field. The Atlantic does not have any active leases or production.

Lets see�if we add 15 new drilling leases to the 7000 active leases�97 percent is still 97 percent�Sorry Todd�no more spanking�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
We�ll go through the key statements in the order in which she said them

awww,..let's don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And I'm proud to be one of them.

C
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C

Just like ANY other politician
I see their lips flappin'
and my azz hole puckers up.
Because I know we are going to get it in the end.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mrs. Palin is not my first choice in the primaries, BUT if it comes down to her or the national disgrace in office now, she is a hands down choice for me. She at least has some executive experience and has (may still be) running a small business.

Let me assure you, the young people are not going to vote for some old white haired has been. We have to find a younger, intelligent, well spoken candidate, or we get another four years of the same.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215

And I'm proud to be one of them.

Would she have gotten any of that money if she looked like Helen Thomas?

No.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

341 members (22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 22magnut, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 1,329 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,849
Posts18,517,549
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.