Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Although he is to young to join my youth hunting group yet, I get Dylan out when possible (and I will do the mentored hunts with him also)
Today I started letting him handle my pup Nitro doing water work also, I am going to let Dylan run him in the Retrieving dog test next month. 9 yr old Dylan and 10 mnth old Nitro showing their "stuff": (this is Dylans second try, he kind of threw the first bumper in a big briar patch to his left.....needs a tad of work on his aim, LOL)

Last edited by zodiakgsps; 05/31/11.

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for posting this. It returned me to the 1950's and days with my dad and our Griffons...

Every boy needs a pup! wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Thanks!
A couple gills and a crappie he caught:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great video and pictures! A great thing to take a young boy or girl out with a dog and fish too. Hats off to you lady and that puppy!

I still remember my first puppy years ago. A lady down the hill from us had a unwanted litter of Britts. She gave my sister and I a male puppy, a pure bread. I used to cut her grass and do odd jobs for her.

Well, it was middle of winter and snowing, when my little sister and I picked up that little pup. We wrapped him all up according to Mrs Maury's instructions and walked home 3/4 of a mile in the snow. I was 10 yrs old and my sister was only 7. the puppy lived for 17 years (it brought us a lot of joy) and was the best hunting dog a boy could want. He also was one heck of a chicken thief too!LOL

Last edited by Tonk; 06/05/11.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Thanks Tonk! We are heading out Friday on my buddies boat weather permitting. Hopefully get into some perch!
Had Nitro out today (myself, Dylan had a school thing)and started him on long lines across water, this was over 90 yds! He cheated coming back to me (took land) but for a pup making retrieves like this, I dont mind one bit!!
[video:yahoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y16bEPKKVbE[/video]

Last edited by zodiakgsps; 06/07/11.

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, AscensionIndustries, 9 invisible), 1,222 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,227
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.