Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
CFVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Picked up a nice 9422 Magnum a at yard sale a couple weeks back, has a 4x40 Tasco on it that looks way out of place. I'd like to have a straight tube 1" scope, gloss finish, either a variable such as 2-6x or a straight 4x or 6x. Don't want a Tasco/Simmons type deal, but not wanting to spend a whole lot on it, either. Something along the VX1 line or a similar type/cost range scope. I've been looking but can't find anything offhand that fits the bill. What is/was out there that would be along those lines?

Thanks

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy...
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Burris used to make a compact 1" straight tube 6X in the USA. Fine scope that would not overwhelm the rifle. Leupold M8s are another slim scope.
The ultimate (expensive) would be a Leupold Alaskan (80s') that has a 7/8" tube and was made in 2.5, 4 and 6X.
Less expensive and optically less would be a Weaver J 2.5, 4 or 6X (3/4" tube)
Lurk on Ebay, they are there to be found if you're patient.

Nice M8 with optional reticle, only 36mm objective.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leupold-M8-6X-6..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519988a3c1

C
CFVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by goodiewrench
Lurk on Ebay, they are there to be found if you're patient.

Nice M8 with optional reticle, only 36mm objective.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leupold-M8-6X-6..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item519988a3c1

A shameless plug for your E-bay store Lawrence... SAD...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You mean the same way you "shamelessly plug" your Elk guiding business ?

I mentioned FOUR options, have yet to see you plugging other outfitters, now have we?

What is sad is that you have nothing to offer, just an attack on a poster attempting (amid the stalkers) to offer some alternatives.

Since you are so familiar with my Ebay sales, you probably noted that I have 100% perfect feedback, own/bought/sold more scopes than you ever will and have forgotten more about quality optics than will ever penetrate your black mask.

The OP asked for some thoughts, I gave him some, you gave him NOTHING !
OR maybe you did........ thanks for giving a plug to an Ebay seller with a steller reputation, a broad range of options and a 100% refund guarantee.
(you offer those on your "hunts"? Let's see your website)

Laffin last.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
EHG (LAFFIN), note you are now a UBB buddy. Buddy you ARE NOT, but it does make stalking easier for those of limited abilty.

To the OP, sorry your thread has been pirated by one of the few jerks we all have to live with.

Good luck with your 9422 magnum. Had one many moons ago and it was a great little Woodchuck rifle with a J6 on it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Good luck with your 9422 magnum. Had one many moons ago and it was a great little Woodchuck rifle with a J6 on it.

No such animals as a "J-6" Weaver.

They made the J-2.5 and J-4 but not a 6x.

Weaver made G-6 scopes then the B-6, C-6 D-6..

But no J-6.

Last edited by jim62; 06/12/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You mean the same way you "shamelessly plug" your Elk guiding business ?

I mentioned FOUR options, have yet to see you plugging other outfitters, now have we?

What is sad is that you have nothing to offer, just an attack on a poster attempting (amid the stalkers) to offer some alternatives.

Since you are so familiar with my Ebay sales, you probably noted that I have 100% perfect feedback, own/bought/sold more scopes than you ever will and have forgotten more about quality optics than will ever penetrate your black mask.

The OP asked for some thoughts, I gave him some, you gave him NOTHING !
OR maybe you did........ thanks for giving a plug to an Ebay seller with a steller reputation, a broad range of options and a 100% refund guarantee.
(you offer those on your "hunts"? Let's see your website)

Laffin last.

Please show where I "shamelessly plug" an Elk guiding business... It's not a business "Turbo", it's my job... I don't promote any Outfitters either as I don't get paid to advertise... I'm only paid to get animals killed...

The only thing "Sad" here is you pawning off your junk... Trying to make a buck off of good people here and trying to make yourself "Special"... Congrats Lawrence... You are "Special"... Short Bus Hockey Helmet Special...

I do agree you own more "Junk Optics" than I would ever care to... As for quality, well your store represents your definition of quality... Impressive!?!?!? You live vicariously through Gun Rags and books and claim those experiences and knowledge as your own... Nothing more and nothing less... You spew antiquated and outdated information from that cock holster and claim of expertise and knowledge... You've killed a handful of animals and claim of your hunting expertise and knowledge...

You are sad old man without a gleam of hope... Lets all hope nature takes it's course soon...

100% Perfect Feedback??? For 12 months at best... Stellar reputaion???? Hardly... Broad range of options??? More like a handful of junk... 100% refund??? One could only hope...

Facts do show otherwise...

[Linked Image]

EHG (LAFFIN), note you are now a UBB buddy. Buddy you ARE NOT, but it does make stalking easier for those of limited abilty.

My abilities are limitless... Something of which you would know nothing about... Now go grab a Gun Rag and live your next adventure... Buy another scope off the boards to turn a quick buck and supplement your Social security...

Continue on Lawrence as only you can... Your "Entertainment Qualities" are endless...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Leupold VXII 1-4x20 shotgun scope set to be parralax free at 75 yards is a straight tube scope and should suit your needs on a .22 magnum.

The heavy plex reticle can be a little thick but a quick trip to the custom shop can get that changed.

I bought one on-line 2nd hand and had click adjustment turrets and a #4 reticle (also quite thick) fitted for less than the price of a new one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Four options suggested. The 1-4 is also a good one.

AS for EHG, he's a troll and stalker of long standing who has nothing to do but prowl through ancient Ebay records. (Try it yourself and see how long it takes).

Now to the TRUTH
1. Note the dates on the f/b he dug out
2. The first one he posts TWICE. The guy wanted a "kickback", I said no.
3. Third one is no longer an Ebay member. Wonder why. Anyone who knows sh** about Lyman 6X All Amricans of that vintage, knows the objective lens is screwed in (no AO) and there is no way Lyman installed it wrong.
4. The scope with the delam lens was damaged in shipment and insured. Buyer was refunded.
5. Last one was, as f/b says offered a full refund. He refused it. Hmmmm?

Funny when the truth is told how it is just a BIT different from the "Guide's" who NOW says he is not.

208 f/b 3 "negative" think that's 99% positive. Wonder if the "Guide" did that well on his GED ?

As for not guiding.... well here's a direct quote from his post on using the 260 on Elk:

"I have a handful of hunters that use the 260/260AI...
Most use boolits in the 140 gr range and all have preformed quite well...
Longest shot to date with a 260/260AI has been 625 yards...
I would rather a hunter show up with something he can shoot accurately than with a Super Duper Magnum that he can't..."

A 140 gr 260 at 600 yards has less energy than a 25-20 86 gr at the muzzle.
Ethical hunting redefined.........

Wonder who the" handful" is ???? Brothers in law ???? "Hunters showing up" hmmm sure sounds like clients.

Last edited by goodiewrench; 06/12/11.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So now we at at 99% positive vs. your claimed 100%... The facts do tell... Not to mention your other E-ghey stores...

It took all of 2 minutes to find that info Lawrence... Sad it would take you longer...

Don't flatter yourself that you rate a stalker and you ARE the poster child for trolls...

Never claimed to not be a "Guide"... I am not an "Outfitter"... Big difference there "Turbo"...

None the less you are a waste of product... You have made your bed here as well as every other forum you have been kicked off of... Learn to live with it...

You are of Entertainment value only... How many user names have you used here... There's are reason for it... You are not wanted...

Your time will dwindle soon and you'll come back as someone else as per usual... Only to humiliate yourself with babble and lies...

Congrats on such a wonderful life you live Lawrence... It is a pinnacle for sure...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jim you are correct. It was a J4 with an 8X Litschert's converter.

As with all of those converter's it worked perfectly.

Top one is R F Sedgley SA Hornet with a Lyamn Alaskan "floating" Lee dot and an 8X Litschert's converter.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Outfitter eh ? What state ? License # ? Web Site ? We have a name in Wyoming for "outfitters" like you.

As for all these sites I have been kicked off.... they are ? Heck I'm even on ARAIG!

Think my post count is 5 times yours, what are you contributing to the site ? Buy anything ?

You are just a troll and thread pirate. The OPs time was wasted by your BS, but a guy who advocates killing Elk with a 25-20 well.... says it all doesn't it.

Some guide who can't get his hunters closer than 600 yards from an Elk. (no bait?)

Took my last one at 18 paces with a flinter. Not too bad for an old man you'ld like to see dead. But as with all your stuff talk is cheap.

[Linked Image]

I'm sure your "outfitting website" has many more impressive pictures than mine. No doubt find you in the back of Bugle....right ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Again your reading comprehension is proved to be schit...

I... am... not... an... outfitter.... Was that slow enough for you...

Post count is useless when it's nothing more than babble which you are the Queen...

Where have I advocated the use of a 25-20... I have not killed an antelope with a 22-06 either... we know you have...

I buy plenty from this site... For personal use... Not for resale like you...

My hunters get as close as they want to get to an elk... Just because they are capable of 600 yard shots and you're not you shouldn't be hatin'...

Cute elk... I've seen the same pic's of the two elk you've killed and I am not impressed but please give us more of your elk hunting expertise... Hope you tipped the guide well on that hunt...

Again... I am not an "Outfitter" so I have no Outfitting web site...

Get your info straight before you engage your cock holster and spew your babble...

C
CFVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tophet1
The Leupold VXII 1-4x20 shotgun scope set to be parralax free at 75 yards is a straight tube scope and should suit your needs on a .22 magnum.

The heavy plex reticle can be a little thick but a quick trip to the custom shop can get that changed.

I bought one on-line 2nd hand and had click adjustment turrets and a #4 reticle (also quite thick) fitted for less than the price of a new one.

Thank you for the suggestion. One of those with a converted reticle would be just what the Dr. ordered.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To the OP,
Burris makes a 4x20 Timberline that you may want to look in to. I have 2 of the 4x20 Short Mags that they used to make in the USA and I have used them on Marlin 336 and numerous rimfire rifles over the years. They work very well in those applications and don't overwhelm any of those handy and quick-pointing rifles. The Timberlines are made in the Phillipines (I think) but I haven't heard any negatives on them.

You can still find the occasional 4X Short Mag on Ebay, as well as the 4X Mini that preceded it. I have one of the 4X Minis on a Marlin 39 Mountie and it fits real well on that platform.

I've been looking for a reasonable deal on a used Burris 6X Mini for many years. People tend to hang on to them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So you "have hunters" who you enlighten us with about their shots.
You call your self a Guide, "Elk Hunting Guide", but you claim not to be, You say you are not a guide but an Outfitter, but now you say you are neither.
So just exactly what are you that you can take "your hunters" afield and watch them perform incredible shots with a 6.5mm rifles but they are not your customers, just "your hunters".
The bad thing about being a serial liar is that you always step on your own words
..... especially when you can produce nothing to validate them.
In Wyoming people who "guide/outfit" are called correctly "scab outfitters" and licensed guides/outfitters are only too happy to see them get nailed by WG&F.
Colorado is rather tough on them too. Based on your sole fan, I guess your outfitting business is in the corn belt. (?)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So you "have hunters" who you enlighten us with about their shots.
You call your self a Guide, "Elk Hunting Guide", but you claim not to be, You say you are not a guide but an Outfitter, but now you say you are neither.
So just exactly what are you that you can take "your hunters" afield and watch them perform incredible shots with a 6.5mm rifles but they are not your customers, just "your hunters".
The bad thing about being a serial liar is that you always step on your own words
In Wyoming people who "guide/outfit" are called correctly "scab outfitters" and licensed guides/outfitters are only too happy to see them get nailed by WG&F.
Colorado is rather tough on them too. Based on your sole fan, I guess your outfitting business is in the corn belt. (?)

You are even dumber than I original thought as you yet prove it once again... Reading comprehension is obviously at the top of your short comings...

Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide
Please show where I "shamelessly plug" an Elk guiding business... It's not a business "Turbo", it's my job... I don't promote any Outfitters either as I don't get paid to advertise... I'm only paid to get animals killed...

Never claimed to not be a "Guide"... I am not an "Outfitter"... Big difference there "Turbo"...

I... am... not... an... outfitter.... Was that slow enough for you...

Never once have I stated I was not a "Guide"...One more time "Turbo"... I am a Hunting Guide... I am not an Outfitter...

An "Outfitter" actively sells hunts and acquires clients... An "Outfitter" employs "Guides" to assist the client in harvesting game... But you knew all of this as you have 17 years of formal schooling... Money well spent I see...

Words of wisdom which you should learn to follow... I'm surprised you still know who you are...or do you Lawrence...

I am a licensed "Guide" in 6 states and "Guide" in all 6 actively... Yes my "Hunters" make exceptional shots every year... I don't have to validate anything to you... A babbling Old [bleep] doesn't rate that luxury...

The world over a "Babbling Old [bleep]" is called just that,a "Babbling Old [bleep]"... Nature has a way of culling them as you soon will find out... Hopefully sooner than later...

C
CFVA Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by OlyWa
To the OP,
Burris makes a 4x20 Timberline that you may want to look in to. I have 2 of the 4x20 Short Mags that they used to make in the USA and I have used them on Marlin 336 and numerous rimfire rifles over the years. They work very well in those applications and don't overwhelm any of those handy and quick-pointing rifles. The Timberlines are made in the Phillipines (I think) but I haven't heard any negatives on them.

You can still find the occasional 4X Short Mag on Ebay, as well as the 4X Mini that preceded it. I have one of the 4X Minis on a Marlin 39 Mountie and it fits real well on that platform.

I've been looking for a reasonable deal on a used Burris 6X Mini for many years. People tend to hang on to them.

Thank You.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have a 1.5-5x Leupold on the one I have. Shot lots of varmints with it too......................:-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,969
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.