Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I would tell him his gear is gay if it were. If the truth hurts fix it. I have used one NF scope it was good but not as good as what they thought it was.

Imagine this coming from a guy who uses MRC actions...hmmm

Last edited by Ackleyfan; 06/23/11.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The only source of intel you could offer in the firsthand,is what a window tasted like.

Cracks me up...that you do-nothin' dumbphucks are all tooooooooooo eager to prove same. Save the bandwidth,as it's long been well beyond obvious and poignantly expressed ad nauseum.

Check back in,after attaining your first [bleep] clue. There goes the rest of your life..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by GeorgeS3
I believe that this is absolutely the funniest schitt I have ever read on the internet........

Certainly a crowd pleaser.

NRA Endowment member, BAA Lifer, USPSA Life member, SCSA Life member, ICORE

To teach those that don't know, To remind those that do Know, To correct those that think they know.
-Helio Gracie
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I would tell him his gear is gay if it were. If the truth hurts fix it. I have used one NF scope it was good but not as good as what they thought it was.

Imagine this coming from a guy who uses MRC actions...hmmm

Have never had an issues with them. Have three and all have performed well. What problems have you had with them and how many have you owned?

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I just find it humorous that a NF connoisseur would even consider such clunky junk...YMMV

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Rogue
Yep, that's right. Fortunately our hero has a bumm knee or we would all be dead already.

Count ourselves lucky.

Rogue,

Do you employ hyperbole as a habit, or just in posts referring to me?

I don't know you, and based on the quote above, I'm OK with that.

Other than three posters, I don't get consistent, negative, abusive, profane posts directed my way. The other 30,000+ posters on the fire seem to be able to communicate civilly with me or ignore me; either is fine.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What is a window licker & what does it taste like? Having window tint add flavor?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I just find it humorous that a NF connoisseur would even consider such clunky junk...YMMV

Like I questioned already, what problems have you had with them and how many have you owned?

Sounds like I already know the answer. You have never had a problem and most likely have never even shot one. Way to sit on the sidelines and cheer for your team.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by slg888
What is a window licker & what does it taste like? Having window tint add flavor?

It's a crass "joke" that refers to the mentally challenged children on the short school bus licking the windows. It's about his speed...slowwwww.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

It's a crass "joke" that refers to the mentally challenged children on the short school bus licking the windows. It's about his speed...slowwwww.

If that's true, that's pretty low, don't you think? Doesn't get much lower than picking on mentally challenged kids.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I have never owned,have handled one and like I said "clunky Junk" I wouldn't expect you to know any better...

At one time I was thinking about getting in on the first charter buy, but held off and am glad I did...
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/mrc-actions-chris-kirby-shawn-12316/

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider

If that's true, that's pretty low, don't you think? Doesn't get much lower than picking on mentally challenged kids.

Oh, it's true JG. Just ask him.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I ignore the loser. Every time I see a pic of him, that he posts of himself by some tree, I'm immediately reminded of the cover of a album by the Village People. I'm sure it's true, already knowing he had zero class.

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/23/11.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Like I questioned already, what problems have you had with them and how many have you owned?

Sounds like I already know the answer. You have never had a problem and most likely have never even shot one. Way to sit on the sidelines and cheer for your team.

Originally Posted by Shawn Carlock on http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/mrc-actions-chris-kirby-shawn-12316/
If you are talking about the Montana Rifle Company actions, I am afraid that I have some rather negative info for you. I built 3 matching 243 WSSM's on ser # 0001, 0002 & 0003. I looked at the actions liked the features so I ordered 1 lh mag stainless action and a couple of rh actions. Here is a list of what I have seen from these 6 actions produced over a 2 year span ( that is how long it took to get some of them ):
1. while claiming to have a Winchester footprint to utilize stocks made for the Winchester they are not even close and require extra inleting of bottom metal, a short pillar and extra glass work along with some smaller details to make an HS stock fit. these things are fixable just not as advertised.
2. only 2 of 6 actions had the threaded portion of action to receive the barrel in the center of the action, the LH action was just short of .040" out of center.
3. This was the big one, the portion of the action where the scope bases mate up is like a roller coaster most have a hump right between the screw holes in the front especially, this caused me more troubles than I can relate until I noticed it and corrected the problem.

In short I can not recommend them and will never buy another one. The smiths that I know that have worked them have run into other problems as well and I have yet to here of anyone building a really accurate rifle on one.
Oh, if you still want to get ahold of them they are in Kalispell Mt. the owners name is Brian Sipe. It is unfortunate that these problems have occured it could have been a really good action all of the right ideas for a good solid utility action.
I have one rh action hanging on the wall where it will probably stay for ever because I just cannot bring myself to tell someone it is a good action.

www.defensiveedge.net
1-208-687-2659

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn, there went 20 minutes of my life i'll never get back..........lol

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Damn, there went 20 minutes of my life i'll never get back..........lol

I truly didn't intend on wasting your time. Shawn Carlock is a pretty sharp guy, and he's an accomplished shooter and hunter. Since there was some controversy on the board regarding the the MRC action I thought his hands-on experience and the opinions of the MRC action that came from other gunsmiths was useful information.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dood, it wasn't your post I was referring too.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Roger that...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I truly didn't intend on wasting your time. Shawn Carlock is a pretty sharp guy, and he's an accomplished shooter and hunter. Since there was some controversy on the board regarding the the MRC action I thought his hands-on experience and the opinions of the MRC action that came from other gunsmiths was useful information.

And is his opinion today the same as it was in 2005?

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue

And is his opinion today the same as it was in 2005?

Dunno; give him a call and find out. Maybe MRC has worked the bugs out their recivers. I don't own one.

Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 60 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,182
Posts18,503,266
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.