24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
I have a model 39as that I can't for the Life of me get back together. Just when I think every-thing is lined up... [Linked Image] the bolt will not slide when the Lever is cycled..Locked up so to speak..Any ideas?
<br>Any body?
<br>Thanks Nite}{awk

GOD Bless us All....Amen
GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Nite Hawk,
<br> After you put it back together, will the lever work as normal, but the bolt doesn't move? Or, is it that when you put it back together nothing moves?

OP Offline
Will only move about half .in and then locks up.

GOD Bless us All....Amen
Well I don't think I'll be much help as I've only had one about a month and taken it apart twice. Still a trick to get it back together for me too.
<br>
<br>The instructions say to make sure the bolt is as far forward as possible while the firing pin is as far back as possible. Release the lever slightly from it's closed position and rejoin the two halves of the receiver. Sure sounds simple but the times I did it I had to play with the lever a bit to get it to fall into place in the bolt. Oh, one other thing, it says to make sure the ejector is unlocked before you do this otherwise you will have to take it apart again to release it. Hope this helps.
<br>
<br>Tom

Last edited by plinkerTom; 02/28/02.
OP Offline
Thanks Tom back to the bench...er dining table. Wife says get that Thing together and of the Table.
<br>Nite}{awk

GOD Bless us All....Amen
IC B2

Shoot! Just noticed you said you had the 39AS while I have the 39A. Don't know if the cross bolt safety will have different instructions for re-assembly. Wouldn't think so but keep it in mind if your still not having any luck.
<br>
<br>Tom

OP Offline
Nope no luck ..Bought it used so manual [Linked Image]
<br>tried with safety on--Off, hammer back, hammer forward, lever part open ect.. May have to call Marlin ,specially since the Marlin board is Down.
<br>Thanks Guys Nite}{awk

GOD Bless us All....Amen
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Night Hawk
<br> Try it with the lever completely closed. They're a cantakerous critter to fool with, but if you keep at it you'll get it. Once you've done this a couple of times it'll be easy for you. Let me know if that works.

Did you do a complete disassembly or just enough to clean the rifle. Just wanted to make sure that some component wasn't put in wrong. I just broke mine down, pulled the bolt and then reassemled the two halves. Slicker n snot.
<br>
<br>So hammer full cock, bolt full forward (should be flush with the side of the receiver), firing pin back, lever slightly open (about 1/4" from stock at closest point). Insert half moon tang from right side of receiver into mating slot on left side of receiver and start closing the two halves using the tang as a lever point but don't force it. Start closing the halves further and check that the lever is still free (doesn't bind). Continue try to close the halves while applying a slight rocking motion to help the two halve fit together. These are closely machined mateing parts and won't got together if they start binding so don't try forcing it cause it just won't work. Give it another shot to see if this helps.
<br>
<br>Tom

OP Offline
Goes together..but when cycled will only move about 1/2 in. [Linked Image]
<br>Nite}{awk
<br>something is still not letting it open.

GOD Bless us All....Amen
IC B3

Which? the lever or the bolt?

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
THE MARLIN BOARD IS NOW UP!

GBB Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
And I got my name back, so did SQUACKS!!
<br>
<br>WaHOOOO!
<br>
<br>GBB

I'm starting to suspect something with the cartridge lifter assembly. Take it apart again and try moving the lever while checking how it works with the cartridge lifter. There should be a spring loaded guide tab as part of that assembly, if it is binding or wedged it could be stopping the lever at about that 1/2" point. Let me know if that is the cause or if the lever moves freely when the halves are disassembled.
<br>
<br>Tom

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
You bunch of outlaws blamed me for sending gremlin to screw up night hawks gun, how did you know I could do that? actully I showed him how to get rid of the little people but few belive it til its too late.
<br>
<br>Me and my evil sence of humor has outdone itself. I must confess I just picked on the Biatholon dudes, just couldn't resist it. I didn't invent the Black Death invitation or the Black Death tea party, it is clearly a Challenge. Now that you have all done it, you know it ain't easy and it makes you a better shooter. If I tick off a few Biatholon shooters into praticeing the Black death target maybe we will have a Gold Medal some day.
<br>It goes back the the top gun motto,"If you can shoot, we will make you better" of course I have a strange way of making people try in the first place, I blantently tell them they stink. Oh well, works for me, bare with me guys, it really makes good shooters. When you piss off an American he trys harder.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (160user, 1minute, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,245 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,012
Posts18,500,284
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.