Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ran across a nice gloss finish vari-x III leupy 2.5-8x36 (duplex reticle) and wanted to know what these things are selling for used. Also since it is a vari-x and not vx how is the glass in these things (low light, clarity etc.). Thanks for the help...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
It'd bring $185-$200 in the classifieds here pretty easily. Maybe more, but not much more.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
$250 pretty easy. The glass is good. Just make sure it's not a vari x-111 that is old enough that it has friction adjustment and not clicks.

1 and done
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They seem to bring more than you'd think on ebay. I've bid on a couple and quit when they got to around $100 difference or less for a new VX3.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
In my opinion, and i understand it is just that, my opinion, they bring way more than they should be worth. The older ones (vari-x) are the worst. No dought they are good scopes but compared to the new stuff i just don't think they are worth what they seem to bring. I think that old scope SHOULD be worth about 150.00 if it's nice. I know it'll bring lots more, just my .02 worth.

Guy

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree

1 and done
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
$250

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by highridge1
$250 pretty easy. The glass is good. Just make sure it's not a vari x-111 that is old enough that it has friction adjustment and not clicks.

I have a vari X III 2.5x8 that has click adjustments, are they suppose to have friction of click?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Suppose to have click, some older ones have friction which I don't like

1 and done
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I must have bought at the right time! smile

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BSA, I had at least 4 of those click-adjust Vari-X III 2.5-8's. I still have one.

They are good scopes... with the caveat that they are not particularly good in low, grey, western Oregon November light. At least not to my eye.

I sold several on the classifieds for $250 if memory serves. They were matte.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by guy57
In my opinion, and i understand it is just that, my opinion, they bring way more than they should be worth. The older ones (vari-x) are the worst. No dought they are good scopes but compared to the new stuff i just don't think they are worth what they seem to bring. I think that old scope SHOULD be worth about 150.00 if it's nice. I know it'll bring lots more, just my .02 worth.

Guy

I agree as well.

Heck brand new VX-3's can be gotten for ~$350 with a C&R.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I often wonder if all of these buyers know the difference in the models or just know they are buying a Leupold? I just wonder because some people are loonies and, some just hunt once in a while. No knock intended to anyone as i know jobs and family take up a lot of time in our lives.

Guy

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
BSA, I had at least 4 of those click-adjust Vari-X III 2.5-8's. I still have one.

They are good scopes... with the caveat that they are not particularly good in low, grey, western Oregon November light. At least not to my eye.

Thanks Jeff, you still getting along well with the VX-III 2.5-8 or are you ready to sell it off too grin. I agree with some of these other posters that leupolds seem to be higher priced for what you actually get, but you are actually paying for a great warranty and CS as well and that may be worth paying the premium. I may be wrong, but after dealing with bushnell, I don't think I'll ever buy another one, unless nsaqam has another 4200 like the one he sold for dirt cheap last week whistle

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
NO arguement about Leupolds warranty or CS. I guess it just depends on what each person thinks it's worth. For that matter NO arguement about the quality of Leupold scopes in general. I've only had one experence with Bushnell CS and it was as pleasant as i could ask for (even better). Right now i have four 4200s and one 3200. I don't know if the glass is as good as a new VX-3 because i don't have one to compare to. IF its not as good it sure as hell is close. I guess for less than half the money i'll use the Bushnell's untill they give me a reason to change.

Guy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 4200 glass is EVERY bit as good as the VX-3 glass.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Thanks Jeff, you still getting along well with the VX-III 2.5-8 or are you ready to sell it off too grin. I agree with some of these other posters that leupolds seem to be higher priced for what you actually get, but you are actually paying for a great warranty and CS as well and that may be worth paying the premium. I may be wrong, but after dealing with bushnell, I don't think I'll ever buy another one, unless nsaqam has another 4200 like the one he sold for dirt cheap last week whistle

I haven't honestly used it for a few weeks. I got my 7WSM finally and have been working with that getting it sorted out. You know how sometimes, you rebarrel a rifle, and virtually any load you throw at it, shoots? Well... this hasn't been like that. whistle

I just swapped scopes over on it, hopefully that's what's up.

I forget, BSA... have you used a 3-9x40 Conquest?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I haven't honestly used it for a few weeks. I got my 7WSM finally and have been working with that getting it sorted out. You know how sometimes, you rebarrel a rifle, and virtually any load you throw at it, shoots? Well... this hasn't been like that. whistle

I just swapped scopes over on it, hopefully that's what's up.

I forget, BSA... have you used a 3-9x40 Conquest?

Hope you start having some better luck with that 7. I know you've been anxiously waiting on that one and finally got it back from the smith.
I haven't used a conquest before, but have seriously considerd one. I've looked thru them many times at wholesale sports. Very nice scopes for the money for sure.....

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nsaqam

They have Rainguard so, IMO, that qualifies as better quite easily.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Why did you sell the 4200 so cheap last week or was it 2 weeks ago now?????

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (264mag, 160user, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 2500HD, 32 invisible), 2,249 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,508
Posts18,490,676
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.