Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Cops don't use their sights?

Rollin'....

Yeah, there are only a few dozen LEOs, contractors, retired cops, here.

I'll just let them handle that.

Thanks for continuing to prove multiple points about who/what you are/aren't.

GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Raisuli
Originally Posted by Esox357
I thought cops always used their sights for qualifications and shooting? I could be wrong though? I see the benefit to point shooting at close ranges but think that using sights would benefit the person better? I wouldn't want the lawsuit for killing a mom walking with a stroller. Esox357.

Hi Esox357,

No, cops do not use their sights. They are trained to point shot using only the front sight. The two primary techniques are hip point and shoulder point. If you practice, you can become very proficient w/o wasting valuable time aligning sights. Remember that in a gun fight a bad guy wants to kill you. Never allow yourself to become a target.

Take care,

R

BS>>>> BS>>> BS>>>

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Now, how long until Raisuli maligns another man's wife, or maybe their kids this time, because he's being seen for who/what he is?

Anyone want the over/under on that one?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WOW, I have this moron on ignore, but I just read what he wrote via being quoted. don't use thier sights? Whoa, that is really stupid and ignorant. My Brother in law is the SWAT team leader here and I ASSURE you that he and his team use thier sights!

Swampman700 is that you? Liar24? Oldman1942?

Where do these idiots come from, and WHY do they post things which they know less than nothing about?

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
Raisuli Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
jwp475,

Where would that be?

Explain just how clueless I am. Tell me how you'd respond to a gangbanger who stares you down. How are you going to reply when he asks you who you claim. That's a clue that he's about to kill you. When a gangster asks who you claim, it's a direct challenge that is usually followed by gunfire. So how are you going to respond? You gunna tell 'en you claim VAnimrod? Bob Munden? What are you going to say? You might want to say a few prayers because you might not have much time remaining above ground.

Teach me, jwp475, just what you think you know. Show me how clueless I am.

R

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's a book you need to get call Triggerology. It was written in the early 1900's about the gunfighters of the late 1800's. It's an interesting book on gunfighting.

Contrary to what one sees in the movies Earp liked 8" barrel double actions. It is known Earp used single actions as well always with long barrels. If you ever see any black and white photos of Earp in gunfights he looks like a typical bull's eye shooter.

The gunfighters of old were good because they were all killers. They didn't hesitate, they shot. Most of us aren't any good in a gunfight because were not killers and quite frankly neither are most cops. To be good in a gunfight you need to be a killer. Killers win, non-killers generally lose.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Where? The LA Basin that is where. If you want to find out how I respond then approach me and you will find out first hand. I don't telegraph my responses

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
And, here we go. Raisuli doing all he's here for.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Sounds like you know him from some where else

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Unlike Raisuli, I, and many others here, actually have experience with gangs, and others.

Go figure; we're still here.

BT/DT, trumps BS, every time.

IC B3

R
Raisuli Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jwp475

Where? The LA Basin that is where. If you want to find out how I respond then approach me and you will find out first hand. I don't telegraph my responses

That's a diplomatic reply translated to, "I haven't a clue."

R

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Raisuli
Originally Posted by jwp475

That's a diplomatic reply translated to, "I haven't a clue."

R

It only translates that way to the truely clueless

As VA said the sign is there

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Raisuli, how many times are you going to use the word "tactical" in regard to handguns. "Tactical" means realted to tactics, hardware has nothing to do with it. So in the space of a coupld of days, you went from a Texas CCW instructor who advocates carrying a G19 "Mexican" to an expert on West Coast gangs. You must Google pretty quickly...

R
Raisuli Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Hi UPhiker,

No, tactics means to respond with proven methods to a potentially deadly threat. It means to deploy a weapon in a tactical manner. In encompasses the totality of a response. Tactics without a weapon is meaningless.

I hope this helps.

R

R
Raisuli Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Now this guy obviously does not have the expertise of say the gang authorities VAnimrod and jwp475, but he does know what the hell he's talking about. He is nationally recognized gang expert who has provided expert testimony in many courts. I have seen him interviewed on TV. I know him and I have taken at least one of his POST courses. Before you relay upon the expertise of VAnimrod & the trained killer, jwp475, you might want to call him to see if he'll sell you one of his acclaimed books on gangs: http://alvaldezphd.com/

Stay safe,

R

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Avoidance is a tactic. Don't need a weapon to employ it.

R
Raisuli Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
jwp475,

Because I see a glimmer of hope for you, I'll help you out. Never answer a challenge from a gangster. Always respond with a question of your own. You have to escape in a hurry, either running or accelerating rapidly.

jwp475, the second you hear that challenge, the gangster has already decided to kill you. And I'll be brutally honest with you: from what you have posted here, you don't stand a chance against a trained gangster who has probably killed many times before.

But who am I to teach a gunfighting Phi Beta Kappa like you???

Buena Suerte,

R

R
Raisuli Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
MontanaMArine,

That is not within the context of this cybersation. However, it's always a good idea to practice avoidance while armed, depending upon where you are; e.g., South Central LA.

Good Luck,

R

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Freakin' wow....

This, is getting funny. And, before it's over likely hilarious.

R
Raisuli Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
VAnimrod,

I think you're lying. I don't think you're laughing at all. I think that you're thinking that maybe you don't know half as much as you thought you did.

Socrates said the wisdom comes from admitting how much you don't know. I think your admission is within your last post.

Jus' sayin'...

R

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 57 invisible), 3,212 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,838
Posts18,517,124
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.