Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[bleep]...I'll pay shipping.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
regardless of what ever 'he said, she said' crap is going on, if there is something that should be returned, then it should be returned.
I hate to see a thread like this. Heck, it's even more contentious than some of the scheit I get involved in. laugh

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gels my conviction of not performing transactions here. I've had one bad experience, one so-so transaction, and have a third transaction "pending" that has now drug out to well over a year.
I suspect I eat that one, and sadly - ends any chances of future transactions.

If I can't "touch it", or with minimal effort, drive to it - it doesn't exist.

Sure screws things up for the average Joe.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If you have his property, send it back. Don't be a prick just cos he is.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Hell, splat, in the amount of time you've spent whining over this, you could have walked up there and served the papers yourself.

Easy solution, even if you have to borrow a set of balls to do it.

The easy solution is for Art to send splats property back. WTF is so hard about that?

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I have read 15 pages here, and arguments between civil Men have always amused and bewildered me, so many questions, so many excuses, so much reasoning, its all very entertaing, kinda like readin' a book grin

But, anybody steals from me is gonna lose there hands, end of story, pretty simple really.

Gunner

Last edited by gunner500; 08/17/11.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Why am I a prick ? Splain that one to me.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I've read every post on this thread and the others and frankly, I am surprised at how VAnimrod can breathe with his head stuck so far up Art Peck's ass. laugh

I have known Splat for many years and he has opened his heart, his home and his camp to me without reservation nor payment because that is his nature. Can he be a little 'involved' with his projects? Hell yes he can for he loves planning and discussing the project. I truly believe he gets as much pleasure from planning and anticipating the end result of his endeavors as he does from settling in behind the stock and touching off a round. I was right beside him when the first elk was killed with that rifle in that "piece of firewood" as nimrod called it and it didn't seem to do so badly to me.

I have had a ring side seat for this project long before any of you were involved as Splat and I used to work side by side every day. He would get so excited about the next thing he was going to get done to his stock or his action or his barrel that even I, who is really pretty jaded about Remington based rifles (more a Mauser man myself) would be eager to hear more.

Apparently, Art Peck is a guy who doesn't want to be bothered by folks who are enthusiastic about their projects as it seemingly disturbs their aura or something..... I read the PM's, I heard the phone calls, I listened to what Splat told me and Art is NOT telling the truth. He offered to inlet the cartridge trap in exchange for the barrel blank. He and Splat discussed other work like a grip cap and forend tip and Splat clearly and plainly offered to pay for the additional work.

Splat NEVER asked, begged or requested the great impresario of stocks do ANY work for FREE. Any such insistence by Art to the contrary is a flat out fuggin' LIE.

If Splat is a freeloader and bi-polar douchebag, how come Jim has been able to put together a stock project for him with little trouble?? Splat has paid for every part of the project with cold hard cash that Art Peck could have had too. If Art had just a touch less of a corn cob up his ass and a bit more customer service skills, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I now work as a police officer and I am working towards my J.D. I have the help and advice of a very experienced pair of attorneys in assisting Splat in the return of his property. I have advised Splat to take legal action against Art, initially consisting of a certified letter to him, formally requesting the return of his property, in whatever its current condition is.

Failure to comply with this request will result in a civil action being commenced in the Magistrate Court in Aztec, NM. Art may either state his position at that point or fail to respond. In either event, based upon the material evidence that will be provided, I expect Art to be found at fault and have judgement entered against him. Under the Uniform Enforcement of Foreign Judgments Act, we will seek to apply the judgement in AK and seek the assistance of the appropriate law enforcement agencies to serve and administer the judgment.

Splat has tried to follow the "advice" of the big mouth Nimrod (appropriately and aptly named) when he told him to have faith and trust that Art would make it right. Apparently, in Art's own words, that may never happen. So who is the bi-polar prick? Art? Nimrod? I think that most folks who can read and comprehend English will know exactly who is at fault. How many times does Splat have to either ask for his property to be returned or state if that happens, nothing more will be said?? If nimrod could pull his head out of Art's ass long enough to take a breath and clear his vision, he would see Splat isn't the problem here. If he had as much influence with Art as he has implied over the MONTHS this has been going on, he surely would have advised Art to simply box up the 2x4 and move on with his life. Instead, he advocates his friend be sued! Some friend!

The court does not care what was sent to Art or whether the "lines were right" or what fuggin' phase the moon was in when the master decided to honor Splat by taking a look at the stock and found it wanting. The court will see that a contract was entered into, payment was sent along with property, work was to be carried out based upon that contract and Art has failed to honor the contract. Pretty simple concept and Art has hung himself with his own words in PM's, this and other threads. For a master, he ain't too smart and seems to surround himself with other not too bright folks.

Certified letter will be winging it's way to AK before the end of the week. Unless Art does the right thing, court papers will follow shortly thereafter. What happens now is in the hands of Art Peck as it ALWAYS has been.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Very simple thing here... All those attacking me while hearing exactly one side are welcome to. I could not possibly care less. The fact this jerk started off with about every sort of lie possible, left me in a tough spot... the incredible whining over what he was going to have to do next... the fact the third name has come up as the one who did the stock... The fact he has not stopped attacking me in every way possible for the duration make it very simple to me.

And this after I had told him I was going to fix it without cost to him of any kind. And this crap starts and continues unabated. As the actor would ask "what's my motivation?" Why should I care what Splatt wants, needs, does, or owns? With the crap he has posted about me he can wait until I find that motivation.

Should be lovely to see him explain the inconsistencies. Or calculate damages... which may have more than one direction.

And the trial lawyers like jim62 suggesting mail fraud is in play... Now that is funny.

He first said a poster here had done the work and that left me in a position of badmouthing the work of another here, which I would not do. Then he claimed he did the shaping... and just now he tosses out another name...

To be clear, if the whiner ever stops the public posting and whining he might get his stuff back.
art

Copied and quoted in case the maestro decides to delete his own words..... frown

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Smart move and good post. Mail that letter soon!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Deal gone sour is bad enough - having it aired in public is just pathetic.

*note to self - do not conduct transactions on the 'fire.

Last edited by Mako25; 08/17/11.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Being morally or legally right doesn't entitle anyone to be snotty � especially not snotty in public.

Consider as a role model the Quaker, armed with a twelve-gauge double, who surprised a burglar in his house �

"Friend, I would not harm thee for the world! But thee are standing where I am about to shoot."

grin

No mention of douche bags, feces human or otherwise, alleged maternal chastity, questionable lineage, impossible physical contortions, sexual prowess or orientation � just a clear threat clearly, unmistakably, and courteously enunciated.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Consider as a role model the Quaker, armed with a twelve-gauge double, who surprised a burglar in his house �

"Friend, I would not harm thee for the world! But thee are standing where I am about to shoot."

grin

lolol

That was a good one Mr Howell.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Art you have lost your integrity, you really are pathetic.......just send his property back and end this!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by the_gman
I've read every post on this thread and the others and frankly, I am surprised at how VAnimrod can breathe with his head stuck so far up Art Peck's ass.
Makes me wonder if there [bleep] lovers along with Calvin.

Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Art you have lost your integrity, you really are pathetic.......just send his property back and end this!
+1. Place contents in box and give to USPS...[bleep] simple.

dh1 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is the only reason I read the whiz'n matches, quality stuff. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Being morally or legally right doesn't entitle anyone to be snotty � especially not snotty in public.

grin

No mention of douche bags, feces human or otherwise, alleged maternal chastity, questionable lineage, impossible physical contortions, sexual prowess or orientation � just a clear threat clearly, unmistakably, and courteously enunciated.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
[bleep]...I'll pay shipping.

I'll split it with you!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let the 2 parties involved settle this, it ain't mine, your's or anybody elses business but theirs.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Let the 2 parties involved settle this, it ain't mine, your's or anybody elses business but theirs.

It would be nice if it was that easy.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is that easy, if they wanted it to be.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

481 members (204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,807
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.